Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Older digital pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Older digital pics Reply with quote

Hi,

found in my archive a lot of "older" images shot with my first digital cams. All out of 2003.

Below 2 pics with my first DSLR Canon 10D and a Tamron lens (6,3 MP)

and here few shots with one of my first P&S cams - a Casio QV-R4 with 4MP

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wow! Better than what most people able to capture nowadays with higher level cameras. Beautiful captures!

Last edited by Attila on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice shots.
(I moved this thread to the suitable category. Hope that's OK.)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Just wow! Better than what most people able to capture nowadays with higher level cameras. Beautiful captures!

Yes, definitely! It just goes to show that often the person behind the camera is more important than the equipment used. Wink Now if only the rest of us could do so well... lots of practice left I suppose. Very Happy

Nice work, Rolf! Cool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show -- even digicams with only 2 or 3 mp of image capacity are perfectly acceptable for web-based photography.

The photographer's eye is always more important than all that gear in front of it anyway. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your friendly comments.

During that times I remember that I owned a Minolta Dimage F300 - a P&S cam with 5 MP. Today I still believe that this little cam was the best P&S cam I ever owned. Perfect sharpness, colour and texture due to awesome teamwork of sensor and lens.

Wink

@ Attila - no reason to edit your first comment. I didn´t missunderstand you Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... i Love #2. Rolf, great series.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikonD wrote:
djmike wrote:

+1

+2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful piccies, but doesnt it go to show that older digicams are not inferior to more modern ones loaded with multi millions of pixels.
I read somewhere that anything over about 6 million pixels is wasted on the same sized sensor

I wait with bated breathe to get shot down on this Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the biggest advantage of having higher mega-pixel counts is when it comes to zooming and cropping an image, the extra size really helps out a lot. I've found that, with images that were critically sharp, they hold up very well when zoomed in, all the way to 100%. With a smaller sensor, I can't get as large of an image.

Where the image will be displayed ultimately makes a big difference. I can show you images I've taken with my 2.1 mp Sony and 3.2 mp Fuji at web resolutions (typically 900xwhatever) where it won't be possible to tell that the image was taken with "only" a 2.1 or 3.2 mp camera.

So, yeah, a 6mp camera easily can be all one will ever really need, especially if extreme enlargements will never be made.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Thank you all for your friendly comments.

During that times I remember that I owned a Minolta Dimage F300 - a P&S cam with 5 MP. Today I still believe that this little cam was the best P&S cam I ever owned. Perfect sharpness, colour and texture due to awesome teamwork of sensor and lens.

Wink

@ Attila - no reason to edit your first comment. I didn´t missunderstand you Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was worry about it Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
To me, the biggest advantage of having higher mega-pixel counts is when it comes to zooming and cropping an image, the extra size really helps out a lot. I've found that, with images that were critically sharp, they hold up very well when zoomed in, all the way to 100%. With a smaller sensor, I can't get as large of an image.

Where the image will be displayed ultimately makes a big difference. I can show you images I've taken with my 2.1 mp Sony and 3.2 mp Fuji at web resolutions (typically 900xwhatever) where it won't be possible to tell that the image was taken with "only" a 2.1 or 3.2 mp camera.

So, yeah, a 6mp camera easily can be all one will ever really need, especially if extreme enlargements will never be made.

Exactly so. I keep my old 10D around and might use it for dodgy situations where a more expensive /higher spec cam might be at risk. It's still a perfectly fine camera and still fits my hand as if it was made for me.