Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Foma support campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Foma support campaign Reply with quote

I decide to support Foma , hopefully many people will read it and follow. Efke is closed, I worry about Foma I think we have to support them I won't shoot on lucky film only soon Smile I buy Foma in local shop so I support both Foma and my favorite shop.

Foma factory
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=2031663
Fomapan on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/fomapan/
Fomapan on our forum
http://www.mflenses.com/fs.php?sw=Fomapan

Last edited by Attila on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:48 am; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, I miss Efke, the orthochromatic films like the 50 were excellent. I really like Foma, in both 35mm and 120 it gives me very nice results. I love the Fomadon LQN and LQR developers, I use them with a lot of different films with success.

Fomapan just has a lovely tonality and the sharpness and grain are great too, as good as more expensive films from others for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does Foma have some kind of economic problems ???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
does Foma have some kind of economic problems ???

I didn't heard any hopefully not, but all small factory is closed already except Foma , so natural to me to support them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their prices have risen here, so sadly I've stopped buying it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Still on lower side I think, I can buy it here to you if you wish in batch and send it to you. 120 roll film ~2 UKP /roll in local shop.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick check of my fridge ...

12x Fomapan 100/120
2x Fomapan 200/120
9x Fomapan 100/36
13x Fomapan 200/36
8x Foma Equicolor 400/36

... says that i support Foma at least well Smile...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
quick check of my fridge ...

12x Fomapan 100/120
2x Fomapan 200/120
9x Fomapan 100/36
13x Fomapan 200/36
8x Foma Equicolor 400/36

... says that i support Foma at least well Smile...

Yo are a real patriot Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately they do not have online shop which ships to Europe or UK .. or at least not in English.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feel free to use Slavomír's eshop... http://www.fomafoto.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more thing: do not forget that Foma also make photo papers (both "normal" and "barrite" based). so if you use analog process completely, even positive part, do not waste your money on expensive (yes: better) ilford papers or so, but buy foma papers instead Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will surely support Foma, like I always did with small companies. I already have bought some 200 and 400 ISO film.
I amplanning to buy a bulk roll of 200 ISO as soon as my storage thins down a little. Unfortunately the freezing cold is
preventing me from photographing as much as I would like to. I have no problem photographing with rain, I actually
enjoy it, but I can't stand to stay out and photograph in the freezing cold, my hands become like icicles and I develop
a cold almost immediately.

It is important to support all small companies, I have supported Efke and Ferrania as much as I could, unfortunately
it did not help enough and they closed down.

I now am supporting Ornano which is the last surviving italian company in film photography. Besides, their chemicals
are excellent, so it's really no sacrifice to support them. I really fear that they might close down too, because the Gradual
is my preferred developer. I talked to their salesman a couple of days ago, he told me that they already stopped producing
the 250ml bottle because they don't have enough revenues to fund a product in a glass bottle. They are still selling the 1 liter
plastic bottle but who knows for how long they will be able to. They have already sized down their catalogue to a minimum, in
the best days they used to produce more than 10 different film developers, now they produce only 3, plus 2 paper developers
which, considering the dramatic fall of sales in darkroom department, are probably the first that are destined to go Sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do same with them like I do with foma , put them into your signature line, replace your avatar etc, we have thousands visitor daily may helps.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Do same with them like I do with foma , put them into your signature line, replace your avatar etc, we have thousands visitor daily may helps.

Why not... good idea! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, let we support our beloved films:)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last week order from them:

5 Fomapan 200ASA 120
20 Fomapan 400ASA 120
2 Fomapan 100ASA 120

it's already in the near post office here Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish you to have luck for OK-emulsion of F200

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I just bought 30x rolls of fomapan film and paper... i just like very much this films / paper...

But here in Portugal, it's very rare to find it. I had to buy it in Denmark, and with the dutties each roll 4.5€ Shocked

So buying Fomapan Films / paper in Portugal very difficult and expensive....

If they were cheaper here, for sure would be a good buyer for this film.

Cheers

Jnarciso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thank you! How about to buy from here ? http://www.fomafoto.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Why i didn't find this page..... Crying or Very sad why???? Laughing

Many thanks Atilla!!!!!!

Jose Narciso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i see jnarciso's case, i think that we do not need only to promote Foma itself, but also eshops in all parts of planet, as fomafoto.com here in europe. if even guys from this site doesn know it, then they spend too much money elsewhere and buy less Foma rolls Crying or Very sad ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnarciso wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Why i didn't find this page..... Crying or Very sad why???? Laughing

Many thanks Atilla!!!!!!

Jose Narciso

Wrong search engine optimisation Sad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
as i see jnarciso's case, i think that we do not need only to promote Foma itself, but also eshops in all parts of planet, as fomafoto.com here in europe. if even guys from this site doesn know it, then they spend too much money elsewhere and buy less Foma rolls Crying or Very sad ...

You are absolutely right!!!!

Here in Portugal the Foma films aren't well known!!!!

Portuguese people do prefer TrIX or HP5.... and i don't know any camera shop in Portugal that sell foma produts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, triX and HP5 are both great films, which you can push to 1600 (or even more). foma have no rival product for that, her fomapan400action is kind of "pushed at its base iso" Smile. but in low/mid-speed films is F100 and F200 very good stuff, especially for its price. same about fomaspeed and fomabrom papers, or developers such as foma R09 or fomadon excel (Xtol equiv. i think) etc...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

Still on lower side I think, I can buy it here to you if you wish in batch and send it to you. 120 roll film ~2 UKP /roll in local shop.

Thanks - I may give you a shout when I run low.