Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Foma support campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Long rolls for 220 and pancams taking 220 and longer fil Reply with quote

europanorama wrote:
How about offering longer than 120 lenght film rolls? We can then cut them down.

I saw only C41 and E-6 220 film and cut down not works with many camera, 220 film has no continuous paper back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Long rolls for 220 and pancams taking 220 and longer films? Reply with quote

as said in the title- for 220 film and pancams taking 220 or even longer(roundshot). ok we can use 70mm and cut it down. but foma has only 120 width.
ok i once had 2x 120 spliced. was agfa ortho-film.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because i needed to test my "new" Petnax Spotmatic II, i was shooting at New Year's Eve on Fomapan 100...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works well really, grain is limited even at dark areas. What developer did you use ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried couple of random exposure times (from 10sec at F3.5/F4 to 8min at F16/F22), so here is complete gallery with many different exposures. Shots with correct black are those, where in process of taking picture, hasnt been some firework close to my position. so feel free to criticise...

http://david.asimov.cz/2013-01-01-ohnostroje.html

developer was ID11 stock, time 8:30 (short overdeveloping just for to be sure that there will be at least something on pictures Smile).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, you should proud about it, night scenes with film , not easy,developer was also excellent, do you use I-11 only once or multiply times ? I do use D-76 for 1-2 months and extend every 4 rolls by 1 minutes seems fine I did finish 23 rolls already and still works. I-11 = D-76 basically.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not re-use either ID11 or D76. i have usually problem to use entire batch (5l ID11, or 3,8l D76) in 6 months after mixing. i honor my brothers oppinion: taken pictures is very important and is "my duty" to not risk problems (even hypotetical) in developing them by reusing developer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't mix all , mix only one 1L solution.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: FOMA support Reply with quote

I guess, all the manufacturer of analogue film materials should be supported in these digital days, and not only one company!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: FOMA support Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
I guess, all the manufacturer of analogue film materials should be supported in these digital days, and not only one company!

Open a topic for that what you like to support, I did open already for Kodak and Foma.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Attila was started support for other company, it was be me, who started support for Foma, not discussing general support for other companies inside thread about other company than foma. So as Attila said: feel free to start support for every company you like, it can only help. Best form of support is of course buying companys products. Thats what i do mostly Smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Long rolls for 220 and pancams taking 220 and longer fil Reply with quote

europanorama wrote:
How about offering longer than 120 lenght film rolls? We can then cut them down.

if you can place order big enough, they can make film sizes up to almost any wish you have. "big" means few thousand €
Attila wrote:
don't mix all , mix only one 1L solution.

you mean to measure 1/5 powder from 5L package and make solution? that is not good idea, because you cannot maintain correct ratios between chemical components

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Long rolls for 220 and pancams taking 220 and longer fil Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
you mean to measure 1/5 powder from 5L package and make solution? that is not good idea, because you cannot maintain correct ratios between chemical components

Yes , I meant that , I did not try it yet, I did only with liquid components, sound is logical what you say. Did you try it ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After waiting for Silverprint to receive fresh stock of Fomapan 400, yesterday they received it. I put an order for a brick of Fomapan 400 plus a brick of Fomapan 200. It is the first time I'll be using Fomapan 200! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravilamir wrote:
After waiting for Silverprint to receive fresh stock of Fomapan 400, yesterday they received it. I put an order for a brick of Fomapan 400 plus a brick of Fomapan 200. It is the first time I'll be using Fomapan 200! Very Happy

Cool ! Thank you! Look forward your success!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick info from czech darkroom site, directly from Foma about Equicolor400: they are selling rest of inventory and they will not make it anymore because of low rentability and low interest.

So after they sell rest of the inventory, they will be making b/w materials only. i have 8pcs of Equicolor400 135/36 and 10 more on way. this is enough for my needs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not to grainy ? ISO400 C41 film ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, 1:1 in hires might look grainy, but on 18x24 paper its ok. here is my sample , scanned with epson V500: http://www.flickr.com/photos/55579957@N07/8115893718/sizes/k/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, ISO400 I always forget print Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats ok. everytime iam sending to someone my scans from fomapan100 or ilford P4, i need to mention that this is just low-quality scans and on barrite paper it will look 10× better. but you can show this to people over internet (dont mention sad thing that they mostly have TN LCD panels with 6bit/color "quality")...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, here is how it looks when you get package directly from foma.

- 10pcs eq400
- 10pcs 1l Fomadon Excel (Xtol-like developer)

I Paid 776CZK fot 10l of Excel. I can have 2x5l of Kodak Xtol for 700CZK, but i dont want to support big US company which sells much more of its products worldwide. i also paid more for product from my beloved company, because i do not must dilute this developer in 5l amounts, only in 1l, which is better.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just ordered some dev and fix from Foma.

I dont like the fact that you must register and go thru the whole process before you find the postage cost. Which came to 1.5x the value of the items I was ordering!

But cheaper than Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you manage to order direct from Foma or from http://www.fomafoto.com/ ?
If the latter, I found that his postage rates were a bit skewed and it was substantially cheaper to split the order into smaller lots. He might have changed his postage bands by now, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems, that foma itself on her own czech eshop (fomaobchod.cz), is out of stock of equicolor 400. so if you want some rolls, look somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second shop confirmed minimum order from FOMA 5000 EUR, this is simple too much, I think in my country Foma will gone they sell actual stock and not order any more.