Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta TELE ROKKOR-QD, 1:5.6 f=30cm (300mm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Minolta TELE ROKKOR-QD, 1:5.6 f=30cm (300mm) Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about the 30cm (300mm) Minolta TELE ROKKOR-QD, f/5.6?

I have one in a box of gear at my parents place, and was trying to determine if it was good enough to justify an adapter or a mount conversion.

I seem to remember that it was pretty lightweight, but I have never had a Minolta camera so I have no idea how well it performs optically.

The only photos I can find of the lens are these from an ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-Tele-Rokkor-QD-30cm-300mm-F-5-6-Minolta-MD_W0QQitemZ380173262806QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive_PM?hash=item5884179fd6

Google searching isn't giving me very many results... most of the info is for the f/4.5 version.. The ebay auction for this f/5.6 is twice the price of the other f/4.5's, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Very Happy

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to find many reviews on this lens, but they seem to say it's a good lens stopped down.

I've never heard of a bad Minolta lens Very Happy , just some are better then others. Very Happy
Try an adapter and see how you like it.
I think it would be hard to get an acurate review unless it was the same exact model.

The lenses were different in different models. QD'S both 4.5 and 5.6 used 4 elements in 4 groups.
The later X in the 4.5 used 7 elements in 6 groups. The later X in the 5.6
used 5 elements in 5 groups.

If you try it out please do a review. I'm curious myself.

Walter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:

If you try it out please do a review. I'm curious myself.

Will do!

It wouldn't be with an adapter though, as the adapter would have to be of negative thickness to work on my Nikon. Very Happy

So hopefully I can disassemble & modify the back end enough to get the lens closer to the sensor. It definitely seems like it would be worth a shot though, as the lens was pretty light & compact for a 300mm.