Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta TELE ROKKOR-QD, 1:5.6 f=30cm (300mm)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Minolta TELE ROKKOR-QD, 1:5.6 f=30cm (300mm) Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about the 30cm (300mm) Minolta TELE ROKKOR-QD, f/5.6?

I have one in a box of gear at my parents place, and was trying to determine if it was good enough to justify an adapter or a mount conversion.

I seem to remember that it was pretty lightweight, but I have never had a Minolta camera so I have no idea how well it performs optically.

The only photos I can find of the lens are these from an ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-Tele-Rokkor-QD-30cm-300mm-F-5-6-Minolta-MD_W0QQitemZ380173262806QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Elektronik_Computer_Foto_Camcorder_Objektive_PM?hash=item5884179fd6

Google searching isn't giving me very many results... most of the info is for the f/4.5 version.. The ebay auction for this f/5.6 is twice the price of the other f/4.5's, so I'm taking that as a good sign. Very Happy

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to find many reviews on this lens, but they seem to say it's a good lens stopped down.

I've never heard of a bad Minolta lens Very Happy , just some are better then others. Very Happy
Try an adapter and see how you like it.
I think it would be hard to get an acurate review unless it was the same exact model.

The lenses were different in different models. QD'S both 4.5 and 5.6 used 4 elements in 4 groups.
The later X in the 4.5 used 7 elements in 6 groups. The later X in the 5.6
used 5 elements in 5 groups.

If you try it out please do a review. I'm curious myself.

Walter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:

If you try it out please do a review. I'm curious myself.

Will do!

It wouldn't be with an adapter though, as the adapter would have to be of negative thickness to work on my Nikon. Very Happy

So hopefully I can disassemble & modify the back end enough to get the lens closer to the sensor. It definitely seems like it would be worth a shot though, as the lens was pretty light & compact for a 300mm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this lens locally a couple of weeks ago. Took it to the zoo and was surprised by how sharp it is, even wide open. These photos have been edited to taste in CaptureOne, all were taken with a Sony a7r III at f/5.6.

Photos to follow...

Last edited by braz on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote