Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Don't the eBays of other countries have their own equivalent? Given that eBay is pretty much a global concern, I don't really understand many of its exclusionary policies.

Not all countries, most have something very similar but they call it another thing and it is usually more limited feature-wise, I can give you the example of Sweden or Portugal, you can certainly find similarities but they are not quite like eBay. They are usually too small communities and the offering is also low.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea why that particular transaction earned that e*buck amount -- there are a lot of things about e*bay that I don't understand! As far as the spring issue, I don't know how fixable it is. For now, the lens works fine wide open.

Edit: Here's an image taken with it last week:

Last edited by gaeger on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bargains:

I recently bought a manual focus Nikon 300mm f/2.8 for about 250usd... 5 Mminutes ago I bought a Sigma 135-400mm in four thirds mount for about 175 usd..

I just could not say no.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Don't the eBays of other countries have their own equivalent? Given that eBay is pretty much a global concern, I don't really understand many of its exclusionary policies.

Not sure if other countries have the same, but i'm signed up to a cashback website in the UK and for any purchases I make on ebay I get 40.4% cashback on the ebay fees. So for example, I buy something at 100 and ebay gets 10 in fees from that sale, I would automatically get credited with 4.04! Soon adds up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's independent from eBay, though, isn't it? My daughter bought a laptop computer last year where there was some type of deal being offerered between Dell and Microsoft, where if the computer was bought from this eBay seller, she got a BIG rebate. I don't recall the specifics anymore but I can ask her when she gets home later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooper wrote:
Not sure if other countries have the same, but i'm signed up to a cashback website in the UK and for any purchases I make on ebay I get 40.4% cashback on the ebay fees. So for example, I buy something at 100 and ebay gets 10 in fees from that sale, I would automatically get credited with 4.04! Soon adds up!
Have you got a link? I wouldn't mind paying less.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sille wrote:
Bargains:

I recently bought a manual focus Nikon 300mm f/2.8 for about 250usd... 5 Mminutes ago I bought a Sigma 135-400mm in four thirds mount for about 175 usd..

I just could not say no.

Great deals, especially the Nikon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:
Hooper wrote:
Have you got a link? I wouldn't mind paying less.

no problem, it's http://www.topcashback.co.uk

You don't exactly pay less, you just get some money back Smile if you shop a lot online it soon mounts up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of ebay bucks...
cooltouch wrote:

ebug UK sometimes gives a cash discount voucher of a tenner, but I've never had one. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: some bargains ... Reply with quote

hi,

i shot some bargains?!

ASAHI Pentax SMC Takumar 1:1,8 / 55 mint! - 13,50 Cool
Porst Super-Weitwinkel MC 1:2,8/28mm ? - 9,99 on the way
C.CAuto petri 1:2,8/50 ? - 5,- on the way

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

greets leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flektogon 35/2.4 - 5
Pentacon 300/4 - 15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: biggest bargains Reply with quote

In the last 3months I have purchased locally,Pentax F28mm f2.8 for $25 (MINT)and sold it yesterday for$300 Can. a Pentax F50mm f1.7 for $40 also MINT and keeping it,also aTamron 500mm f8 model 55BB c/w case and hood and rear filters + 2x 01f extender for $30(says he only used it once) in all these transaction I explained they were worth more but was declined, just wanted them to go to good home.Assured them they were.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
Flektogon 35/2.4 - 5
Pentacon 300/4 - 15

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Great work Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does a like-new Olympus Zuiko 35-80/2.8 ($477) count?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax 139Q + Sigma MF 50mm f2.8 Macro - for free Smile
Came with buckets of photopaper that I found in our department.

Putting the first roll of film through it and at some point I'll hopefully get a C/Y to EF adapter as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you a great bargain that I missed the other day, thanks to Ebay notifier Email being sent out only once a day (instead of immediately after saved search items get listed, like it should be): Hasselblad/Carl Zeiss F Planar 110mm F2 for $625. Ugh, I still can't believe I missed it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
NewStuff wrote:
Flektogon 35/2.4 - 5
Pentacon 300/4 - 15

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Great work Very Happy

Kind of cheating, I worked at the camera shop where they were taken in PX. This was when MF lenses were nigh-on impossible to shift, even Zeiss glass, and we were the only shop locally buying them. I got the pick of what came in, and these two have stayed with me. I think I have a T* somewhere in the large box of "camera junk" as my other half calls it, with a sticky aperture, that was free Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not mine , but interesting Police did store 20-30 pcs never used Flektogon 35mm f2.4 MC from 1980... until 2009 and friend of mine bought them for 100 USD Laughing and after he did sell them 150 USD each , I bought two copies from them and kept one.

Another more less same story, he was short on money and went to sales where people sell stuff when somebody did pass away. He had only 20 USD normally it is enough for two Fed-2 body without lens ... he bought this time 2 pcs Angenienux 50mm F0.95 lens + many other stuff. This lens asking price on Ebay 12000 USD. So real price at least 6000 USD. I bought one of them from him as friend for 300 USD Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Not mine , but interesting Police did store 20-30 pcs never used Flektogon 35mm f2.4 MC from 1980... until 2009 and friend of mine bought them for 100 USD Laughing and after he did sell them 150 USD each , I bought two copies from them and kept one.

Another more less same story, he was short on money and went to sales where people sell stuff when somebody did pass away. He had only 20 USD normally it is enough for two Fed-2 body without lens ... he bought this time 2 pcs Angenienux 50mm F0.95 lens + many other stuff. This lens asking price on Ebay 12000 USD. So real price at least 6000 USD. I bought one of them from him as friend for 300 USD Laughing

Shocked Shocked

Next time, ssk your friend buy lottery tickets when he find some big bargains . Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the Pentax-A 150/3.5 lens for my 645 for $18 + $6
shipping. It had banged up filter threads.
However, filters DO happen to screw right in very nicely! Smile

The 150 is among the sharpest lenses I've owned in the past 50 years,
equal to the Pentax-A 55/2.8 lens.

The MF lenses for the 645 have raised astronomically in the
past 6 months, I suppose because people are purchasing the
645D in ever increasing numbers because of its relatively low
price, coupled with superb build and excellent results, and
want a good lens for less than the AF versions. Shocked

Even the bombastic Ken Rockwell had good words for this lens:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/pentax/645/150mm.htm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
Flektogon 35/2.4 - 5
Pentacon 300/4 - 15

How did that happen?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The MF lenses for the 645 have raised astronomically in the
past 6 months
People saw your images Laughing

I bought Pentax 645 only for this reason and I think even if I fully covered with lens I will buy lenses too Laughing Laughing

Calvin I will tell to my friend lottery tip Laughing hopefully it will works Laughing

He find also Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 18cm f1.8 Military edition for 10 USD...
value is ... several thousand EUR minimum and damn fine lens I still collect money to buy from him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in another thread, but think it ought to go here too.

I picked this up as a "box of lenses" at a local car boot sale this morning and had to pay 15.50 for it.

From the top right downwards in rows, all in M42 mount

Optomax Auto 300mm f5.5
Prinz Galaxy 135mm f3.5
CZJ DDR Tessar 50mm f2.8 on the Praktica
Photax Paragon 135mm f2.8
Prinzflex Auto Reflex 35mm f2.8
Vivitar 200mm f3.5
MOG Domiplan 50mm f2.8 on the lower Praktica

There are a pair of LENTAR wide-angle and tele-photo adapters for a "Polaroid Camera" plus several other "indeterminate" lenses from lord knows what, plus a box full of threaded tripod adapters etc.

Oh, and a "Weston Master II" and a "Leningrad 4" light meter. And some M42 extension tubes. And a slide duplicator.

All in all, a fine haul. None of them rare, expensive or even very good, but as a bargain box, it will no doubt give me hours of fun Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Martyn! That's definitely one for the "score" column! Me, I like gadgets and doodads. Looks like you've gotten a pretty nice haul of them along with some decent photo gear.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Wow, Martyn! That's definitely one for the "score" column! Me, I like gadgets and doodads. Looks like you've gotten a pretty nice haul of them along with some decent photo gear.

Smile Smile I love doodads too and there are quite a few here Smile Smile

Take for example, extreme bottom left, a "remote shutter release", except it isn't "remote" in that it looks like it would screw directly into the camera. In addition, it has a flash connection just under the button. No idea what camera it's for, but hey - a neat bit of engineering Smile

Anyone have any idea which "poleroid camera" the LENTARs are for?

PS. I see from your sig that you, too, own a "zoom slide duplicator" Smile