Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
I just notice the prices of a few things actually sold recently here, locally (not to me):

Nikkormat EL with Nikkor 2/50mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 35.--
Nikkormat FTN with Nikkor 2/35mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 46.--
Nikon FM2 plus Ai 2.8/24mm, Ai 2.8/35mm and Ai 2.5/105mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 116.--

Interesting times Wink

S

The FTN must have been considered a lens cap. The pre-A/I nikkor 35mm f2 is a beautiful lens, depending (of course) on condition.
The entire EL series cameras with both nikkormat and nikon labels had reliability issues, and it seems to be reflected in pricing here.
Nothing mentioned about condition, so it's actually a little difficult to make serious comment otherwise.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some stuff from the local photo store - they put it aside for me (otherwise it would have ended up in the waste bin).

First a nice collection of Minolta stuff:

It consists of an early SR-T 101 in pristine condition (including the original leather camera case), equipped with an MC-II 1.7/55mm plus an MC-II 3.5/28mm wideangle. There's also a set of extension tubes and the original (english) user manual both for the SR-T as well as for the extension tubes. In addition there's a very interesting booklet about the late Auto Rokkor and early MC Rokkor lenses. It includes some lens sections rarely seen, e. g. from the AR/MC 2/100mm, the Tele Rokkor 5.6/200mm, the 18mm Fisheye and the zooms 3.5/50-100mm as well as 3.5/80-160mm. Finally there was another MC 3.5/28mm (the MC-X version this time), a like new MD-I 2.8/135mm [4/4], and the lightweight MD-II 4.5/300mm IF. Everything for free ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if it's a bargain or not (it should be, lenses supposed to be in near-perfect condition, but you never know until you have 'em in your hands, hopefully in 2 days tops)

Sigma 24/2.8 Super-Wide II (PK)
Cosina 24/2.8 MC Cosinon-W (PK)
Cosina 28/2.8 Auto MC (M42)
Konica 50/1.7 Hexanon (AR)
Ricoh 50/2 XR Rikenon (PK)
Fujica 55/1.6 DM EBC (Fujica-X)

all for 55eur. Although im focusing on German lenses up to '70, I took this lot for it's price and because i never tried 'em (except hexanon)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:
not sure if it's a bargain or not (it should be, lenses supposed to be in near-perfect condition, but you never know until you have 'em in your hands, hopefully in 2 days tops)

all for 55eur. Although im focusing on German lenses up to '70, I took this lot for it's price and because i never tried 'em (except hexanon)

The Sigma should be quite good indeed, as well as the Hexanon. Hopefully the Fuji is as good as the earlier M42 1.8/55mm! Dunno about the Ricoh (I have it, but don't remember anything unusual about it, although some seem to really hype it).

Finally the Cosinons - I only have a handful PL Cosinons (the 2/28mm, 2.8/35, 1.8/50, 2.8/135 and the 28-50). Not extensively tested, but certainly nothing exceptional. Nice little lenses though Wink

Will be interesting to see how the 24mm Cosinon compares to the Sigma Super Wide II.

S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
DrBB wrote:

The Sigma should be quite good indeed, as well as the Hexanon. Hopefully the Fuji is as good as the earlier M42 1.8/55mm! Dunno about the Ricoh (I have it, but don't remember anything unusual about it, although some seem to really hype it).

Finally the Cosinons - I only have a handful PL Cosinons (the 2/28mm, 2.8/35, 1.8/50, 2.8/135 and the 28-50). Not extensively tested, but certainly nothing exceptional. Nice little lenses though Wink

Will be interesting to see how the 24mm Cosinon compares to the Sigma Super Wide II.

S

I'm one of those who likes to hype the Ricoh Rikenon 50/2. The build quality is so-so, but the sharpness when stopped down is really impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baekmann wrote:
stevemark wrote:
DrBB wrote:

S

I'm one of those who likes to hype the Ricoh Rikenon 50/2. The build quality is so-so, but the sharpness when stopped down is really impressive.

Yeah, I already have XR Rikenon S 50/2 (got it from a friend, he disassembled it and gave up) and it's very cheap looking lens but also yes, it's very sharp. This one i'm getting tomorrow is XR Rikenon, most likely made by Tomioka. I saw thing or two online about it and how people praise it, but it's hardly a hype (comparing to Helios or Trioplan Very Happy )

The main stars in this lot are Sigma 24mm and Cosina 24mm, definitely a steal for less than 10eur/lens Smile but i'm mostly interested in Fujinon 55/1.6 (already have 55/1.8, but my daughter stole it).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Auto Miranda E 1.4/50mm (7L) for free ... Wink

S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron SP 28-135mm in a seemingly good state (not arrived yet) for CHF 5.--.

My first sample, bought a few years ago, was sluggish and seemed to have some mechanical oddities. Nevertheless is was performing quite well, certainly better than my Tamron and Konica 28-135mm samples.

S

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter-8M & Lomo OKS1-35-1 for 40eur both, but wait - professionally converted to LTM M39. Or so it seems on the photos (i'll have 'em tomorrow)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 macro Internal Focus: 26€

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 macro Internal Focus: 26€

WOW! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Minolta MC-I 3.5/28mm (early MC-I with optical formula from the Auto Rokkors and large 67mm front filter thread), like new with original quiver
2) Konica AR 2.8/100mm (black metal focusing grip), like new, with hood, original caps and original quiver as well as lens / camera leaflet from 1968
3) Tamron Adaptall-2 2.5/135mm with Minolta MD mount, like new
4) Pentax 110 Super SLR with 2.8/18mm, 2.8/24mm and 2.8/50mm lenses plus winder and flashgun
5) Kodak Retina IA in nice working condition with Schneider Xenar 2.8/5cm
6) Minollta Vectis 25 camera with 30-75mm aspherical lens

... all from the waste of a local photo store ...