Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just won a Tokina at-x AF 100/2.8 macro for 39€ on Yahoo Auctions Japan. If it’s really a bargain remains to be seen after I receive it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

Most 50mm f/1.2 LTM suffers from internal haze which is not cleanable. If your copy has clean glass, then it is worth way more than $300.

Good to know. I guess I really lucked out. The inside of the rear element had some tiny droplets of I couldn't tell what and I was afraid it might be toast, but I dismantled the lens and was able to clean off the droplets with a product that is mostly acetone. They looked like tar. Maybe my neighbor's dad was a heavy smoker? Dunno. But dismantling the lens gave me a great opportunity to inspect it and thoroughly clean it, and it is spotless.

kymarto, I wish your friend had been me!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I found it it was a bargain. Up until 2 hours before auction end a hopeful 1500 yen.
https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=1065809445

Ultimately the Ultra-Achromatic Takumar 300mm 1:5.6 went for ¥132111. Still less than a thousand Euro's since the Yen has been low the past few months.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
When I found it it was a bargain. Up until 2 hours before auction end a hopeful 1500 yen.
https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=1065809445

Ultimately the Ultra-Achromatic Takumar 300mm 1:5.6 went for ¥132111. Still less than a thousand Euro's since the Yen has been low the past few months.

Darn cheap!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to this one it is: https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h1065833982

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cooltouch"]My latest find is a Canon 7s and the lens attached is a 50mm f/1.2[/quote] That's a nice story! Do grease the leather (pouch and camera) with some natural leather care. I've so often found working old cameras with completely neglected leather Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some months ago:
Minolta MD-III 4/17mm for CHF 90.-- (from the local photo store)

Some weeks ago:
Minolta AF 2.8/28-70mm G in perfect like-new condition (for free, from the local photo store)

Some days ago; everything for free:
Konica AR 2.8/35mm
Konica AR 3.2/135mm
Micro-Nikkor AiS 2.8/105mm
Kodak Retina IIIc (folding) with 2/50mm Schneider Xenon (shutter is blocked, otherwise nice)
Rolleiflex SL35 with Planar 1.4/50mm (old version)

S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My all-time best deal:

Tamron 103-A, quite dusty and dirty out of a camera shop's $5.00 bin.
The glass and mechanics are perfect.
It took a bit of head scratching to get the focus grip "rubber" clean.
It seems to be one of my most talked about lenses to boot.

Most of the last few recent lenses have been in the $20.00 range, which I'm quite happy with.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax A 50 f1.2 for 20chf , Minolta MD 50 f1.2 for 20 chf, Olympus PenF 42 f1.2 for 20 chf.
Linhof Camera with 3 Lenses for 100 chf.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can conclude Swiss is the place to be for good deals.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Yeah, I noticed this trend myself... Laugh 1

Although with Stephan it appears he doesn't find bargains; rather the bargains seem to find him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The richer the country the better the deals.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Gone are the days of good deals. It's been years since my deals. Although you can be lucky. Last Year for 500 chf a get 7 Minolta SRT with 6 Lenses and a Nikon F and Minolta XM. Bonus : Minolta 250 RF and Olympus Pen FT in black with 40mm f1.4.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently won a Mamiya 105-210/4.5 ULD for 645 on Buyee auction for less than 32 €. It arrived today and appears almost as new. I would say that's a good deal, even with shipping and import costs added.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone here put a pile of bulky trash on the street two weeks ago.

Among that was an old photo bag.

In that bag were two cameras (a Konica and an Olympus OM-2) and several lenses.

Turned out that the Olympus OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8 (latest edition) and E-Zuiko 100mm f2.8 (with silver nose) are perfectly fine! (The other lenses were either damaged or simply not worth bothering).

Two very fine vintage lenses for 0€, that's what I call a bargain! 😎

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best Deal is from 2016. This all for 300 chf.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbucklover69 wrote:
My best Deal is from 2016. This all for 300 chf.

What's wrong with the Swiss?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Nothing.

"Classical" Swiss people usually are buying expensive stuff. They are caring well for it, and - when they decide to get something new - are giving it away to someone who either still can use it or who simply likes it.

Not only seen with cameras & lenses, but also with nearly anything else. Kitchens, cars, funiture, windows, ovens, ... you name it.

Hundreds of years of working and living in a difficult environment (mountains, realtively cold climate) have given raise to an attitiude of collaboration and cooperation, and caring for each other.

Years ago I have inherited a large old house in pretty bad shape. In 2019 I got an entire heating (wood) & cooking system (which still is produced by a well nown Swiss company) for free (well, for CHF 1.-- actually).
It came from a small restaurant in the hills above Bern. The owner was re-newing the system (just 15 years old) and was "selling" the old stuff for the amount given above.

The system (something like that https://tiba.ch/herde/beitraege/elektroherde-steamer/) is still available. Buying it new would have cost me >CHF 20'000 these days.

S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good thing in a world that's becoming more and more individualistic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Nothing.

"Classical" Swiss people usually are buying expensive stuff. They are caring well for it, and - when they decide to get something new - are giving it away to someone who either still can use it or who simply likes it.

Not only seen with cameras & lenses, but also with nearly anything else. Kitchens, cars, funiture, windows, ovens, ... you name it.

Hundreds of years of working and living in a difficult environment (mountains, realtively cold climate) have given raise to an attitiude of collaboration and cooperation, and caring for each other.

Years ago I have inherited a large old house in pretty bad shape. In 2019 I got an entire heating (wood) & cooking system (which still is produced by a well nown Swiss company) for free (well, for CHF 1.-- actually).
It came from a small restaurant in the hills above Bern. The owner was re-newing the system (just 15 years old) and was "selling" the old stuff for the amount given above.

The system (something like that https://tiba.ch/herde/beitraege/elektroherde-steamer/) is still available. Buying it new would have cost me >CHF 20'000 these days.

S

Like 1 Like Dog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a "biggest bargain", but certainly a nice find - Konica TC-X (fully meachnical toy SLR) for 8.-- plus an early (and uncommon) version of the Konica AR 3.2/135mm for 10.--. Camera a bit scratched (well, it's all plastic), but the lens in very good condition.

S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since my G.A.S. was reactivated (some 10 months ago) I did found some great bargains, some:

Helios 44 silver 13 blade + Mir-1 silver + Jupiter 11 silver + Zenit 3M (all in great shape) = 95eur
Meyer Optik Helioplan 40/4.5 exa = 8eur
Ihagee anast. Exaktar 5.4cm/3.5 = 10eur
bunch of Meyer Optik Trioplans 50/2.9 = 10-20eur (4pcs)
Meyer Trioplan 17/2.8 C-mount = 17eur
Meyer Optik Telefogar 90/3.5 altix = 10eur
Altix camera + Meyer Lydith (perfect) + Telefogar + Trioplan + tons of goodies = 90eur
Zeiss Biotar 58/2 exa = 50eur
Zeiss Sonnars 135 (f3.5 & f4 silver) 5 pcs = 10-25eur

and lots more, around 70 lenses, usually 5-30eur (most expensive was biotar for 50eur), only 5 went to "for parts" box, all other are in great shape with maybe 4-5 usable but waiting for parts ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:
since my G.A.S. was reactivated (some 10 months ago)

Shit happens Laugh 1

DrBB wrote:
I did found some great bargains, some:

Well, that puts in perspective Happy Dog

S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't bother why I've stopped 6 yrs ago (and sold relatively big collection) but all it needed is one of my daughter ask me "Dad, I'm interested in photography...". Lol, "hold my beer" Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just notice the prices of a few things actually sold recently here, locally (not to me):

Mamiya Sekor Z 360mm 1:6: CHF (EUR(USD) 25.-- (!)
Minolta AF 2.8/20mm, 2,8/24mm plus 2.0/28mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 184.--
Nikkormat EL with Nikkor 2/50mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 35.--
Nikkormat FTN with Nikkor 2/35mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 46.--
Panagor Macro 2.8/55mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 37.--
Minolta AF 2.8/24mm and Rollei (Mamiya)QMB 2.8/28mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 12.--
Canon nFD 4/300mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 63.--
Minolta AF APO Converter 1.4x: CHF (EUR(USD) 32.--
Nikon FM2 plus Ai 2.8/24mm, Ai 2.8/35mm and Ai 2.5/105mm: CHF (EUR(USD) 116.--

Interesting times Wink

S