Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just sold some stuff that was just taking up room in my storage and got way more for it than I thought, so of course GAS is kicking in. I'm trying to resist and save up for some bigger ticket items on my list. Hopefully I can . . .

But then along comes this black Canon FTb on eBay -- I cain't help it, I have a soft spot in my heart for the old MF Canons, especially the FTb and F-1, and its auction price was so cheap. I'm telling myself, yeah, but this one's an early FTb, and you really want a late one, an FTbn. But its auction was so cheap. And it included lenses and everything! I felt my willpower slipping, so I told myself, okay, fine. Bid on it. But don't bid much. So I did, and I didn't. And I'll be dinged if I didn't pick up that camera with two lenses for $34. A black FTb for $34. And near as I can tell from looking at the one not very clear photo, that's a 50/1.4 on the camera. I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna do with a Soligor 90-230 in FD mount, though. Anybody want one? Cool

Here's the auction:
Click here to see on Ebay

The only reason why I bought it without any mention of condition is because the camera is in a never-ready case. My experience with cameras that have been stored in their cases has been good. It's an indication that they've been well cared for throughout their lives. Hopefully this one won't be any different.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I was looking at that -- finally decided I couldn't expand into Canon, too! Good for you!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
Ha! I was looking at that -- finally decided I couldn't expand into Canon, too! Good for you!

Yeah, but it's so cheap! Razz Cool Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Yeah, but it's so cheap! Razz Cool Shocked

Ah, the eternal justification Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leica Hektor (M39) 5cm f2.5 (nickel-plated) for $25.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this compares to some of the stuff posted above but I consider this a bargain: Nikkor Ai-s 24 2.8 in mint condition for 2000 yen (about 20 US dollars). I got it in a "recycle shop" in Japan.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be extremely happy with that Nikon 24mm, looks brand new and for 20 dollars that is a huge bargaim imho.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a massive bargain for one of the best 24mm lenses out there, well done!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Finding it made my Sunday. I just checked the price of a brand new one. I didn't realize they are listed at 470 US dollars.

At the same shop I also picked up a huge made-in-Japan Slik tripod with spare shoe and instructions in it's original bag. Again no price so I asked the guy how much and he said 4000 yen (40 dollars). So I got home and emptied all the the bag pockets and found the original price tags for the tripod and the bag. Original prices were 49,200 yen for the tripod and 9,000 yen for the bag. I don't use a tripod much so I might just keep using my cheap Velbon and sell on this monster Slik.

I asked the guy in the shop where they get their camera stuff from and he said it was mostly from people who are moving house. The tripod came from an municipal office clearance apparently. I'll definitely be heading back there to check for more gear.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar series 1 200mm f=3 (MD) -£15

C.p Goerz berlin rapid-paraplanat II (http://forum.mflenses.com/c-p-goerz-berlin-rapid-paraplanat-ii-t37473.html)
+Rectilineaire extra rapide J.D.E f= 28cm -£5

Takumar 135mm f=3.5 (Chrome black) (m42) -£10
Pentax 20mm F=4.5 MC (m42) -£1

Aus jena 135 f=3.5 (m42) -£3
Carl zeiss 200 mm f=4 (Rollei) -£10

all good working.
all found on flea markets.

Karel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last findings:

An EBC Fujinon 28/3.5 (M42, mint conditions) with UV filter, hood and case, an EBC Fujinon 135/3.5 with UV filter and case (M42, mint conditions), a Fujinon 43-75 with caps and case, a Fuji ST605, an external flash and paperwork for 20 euros.

A mint SMC Takumar 135/2.5 (6 elements / 6 groups) with UV filter, original caps and case for 30 euros ...

Now awaiting the flea market and the camera fair on next weekend Wink ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
I don't use a tripod much so I might just keep using my cheap Velbon and sell on this monster Slik.

It it were me, I'd sell the Velbon and keep the Slik. The situation may come where you'll need the size or flexibility of the Slik and you'll wish you hadn't sold it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Yebisu wrote:
I don't use a tripod much so I might just keep using my cheap Velbon and sell on this monster Slik.

It it were me, I'd sell the Velbon and keep the Slik. The situation may come where you'll need the size or flexibility of the Slik and you'll wish you hadn't sold it.

Or, maybe even keep both - one for lightweight, the other for a heavier, solid base.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jupiter 9 in a good condition for 13 $

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice above. Maybe I'll try using the Slik tripod for a few weeks and then see If I want to sell it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta XE-1 + 50/1.4 135/2.8 28/2.8 MD rokkors in new condition with bunch of UV filters, close up lenses, air bulb cable release for about $45.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
That's a massive bargain for one of the best 24mm lenses out there, well done!

+1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno if its a bargain or not, but I got a Tokina ATX 90mm F2.5 "the Bokina", with the matched extender and leather case for 40 quid a few weeks ago, in 'as new' condition. On evilbay of all places...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Latest from Goodwill March 2011 haul... lol Reply with quote

Brand new tags attached Lowepro Elite AW.... 6.99

Planar 50mm f1.7 AE (now I have two..) on an old Yashica SLR with disintegrating leather so looked like crap ..... 4.99

Set of pro quality Chroma backdrops (in the fabric dept!!!) Blue and Green with folding stand.... 4.99

Doug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnhkng wrote:
Dunno if its a bargain or not, but I got a Tokina ATX 90mm F2.5 "the Bokina", with the matched extender and leather case for 40 quid a few weeks ago, in 'as new' condition. On evilbay of all places...

It's a bargain, I bid on that one I think, all Tokina ATX lenses are worth having from what I've seen.

Don't know how much of a bargain this is but I just got a Komine Vivitar 28mm close focus for 13.50 inc shipping which I thought was pretty good, I'll decide if I got a bargain after I've used it, don't know what mount it's in till it arrives however!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest from Goodwill March 2011 haul... lol Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:

Planar 50mm f1.7 AE (now I have two..) on an old Yashica SLR with disintegrating leather so looked like crap ..... 4.99

Set of pro quality Chroma backdrops (in the fabric dept!!!) Blue and Green with folding stand.... 4.99

Doug

Now that Planar really is a bargain, one of the best here! Great work Cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest from Goodwill March 2011 haul... lol Reply with quote

I shall always rue 'the one that got away'

I was standing at the counter and spied a nlarge camera on a shelf behind the sales assistant. I asked to see it.. it was an as new RB67 Pro, with beautiful metered finder, immaculate in all respects in fact, with... a tilt lens!

It was, wait for it.. 49 dollars.. Someone had seen it first Sad

However.. the tag said 'held for one hour'.. About 90 minutes later the helpful assistant (who had taken my number) phoned to say it was never collected.. I barreled down to the store.. to find the buyer packing it into a box.. he had forgotten about it until nearly home, and raced back. I suppose I could have argued his hour was well over but.. it seemed churlish so.. the great buy that never was.. I did however get a shot of the beast, for my triumphant posting here (which I never made as I never actually got it..)

Doug

ManualFocus-G wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:

Doug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

om zuiko 35/2 in EX+ condition at local photo store - 100euro

considering prices at evilbay in recent time, it´s quite a reasonable price for me:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest from Goodwill March 2011 haul... lol Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:

Doug

I know, I was sick when I saw that. Time to start checking out the SLRs on ebay and checking what lens is on the front!

There was me chuffed that I bought a pair of knackered Zenit Es with Helios 44-2s for a tenner inc shipping but a Planar for that price.

Wow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go wrong with checking what lenses you can see (or dream to see) on crap bodies.
I purchased an Exakta Varex IIb from Ebay Germany with a Pancolar 50mm 1.8 for € 22 + shipping. When the camera arrived (perfect working) there was no Pancolar at all. But a Bm 80mm 2.8 in very good state. Not too bad either, but an odd surprise.