Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

PayPal conversion fees are legalized theft. Why is there no EU eBay site, where I can sell in EURos and use English, a quite global language?

eBay Ireland?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller cinqi-antiques has 6460 feedback 100% positive and I guarantee he is very close to receiving his first negative feedback ever.

Sold me a Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K, Click here to see on Ebay and described it as Super clean, free from any dents or dings. Glass is free from any scratches and fungus. Item description is either written by a blind person or with fraud on purpose in mind, because auction item photos are so bad they won't show what the eye can see with ease.

When I opened the box, it took me about 0.6s to spot the extensive fungus growth.

Nikon's service quote was "unrepairable to factory standard, extensive fungus growth has damaged lens coating" and price of "repair" was estimated at EUR 350-400, which is more than double the value of this lens (IF it was in described condition).

Last edited by Esox lucius on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just outrageous!

By looking at the 'bay images, you couldn't really tell if there was any fungus so this deliberately seems like shameless fraud in mind -- or the seller has to be supersuperblind not to see stuff like this..

Fcking worms I say... :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistakes happen; contact the seller, ask for full refund. Very good chance they'll honor it, since just one negative can kick down that 100% rating to 99%.

In fact I'm about to start writing about a seller in Russia who has 100% feedback, but, after returning a defective product for exchange, hasn't given me the exchange in 2 months and is not responding to any emails. I've given him till Monday to respond, and if I don't get anything, this forum will be the first to know Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller required item is returned before he gives me refund, refuses shipping refund and return cost.

This is the most outrageous eBay fraud I have ever experienced. Fungus completely has destroyed lens, all clearly visible by eye, seller willingly provides crap photos and lies in description to sell item. Then refuses basic seller obligations.

Seller replies to PayPal dispute: The item the member is describing is not the item which was sent. when I have photo proof of fungus & serial matching photo in auction listing!

Seller name is cinqi-antiques and item disputed on PayPal is Click here to see on Ebay

Avoid this seller and add to your blocked list on eBay.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to make out fully, but the lens in the listing pics seems to be the s.no you have in your possession. Interestingly, he's quoted the wrong s.no in the listing text - might be nothing more than a typo he's now trying to take advantage of. If so, he's a stupid person indeed.
With the benefit of hindsight, I can see the splotches of fungus in the third pic in the listing, but it's not immediately obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Seller required item is returned before he gives me refund, refuses shipping refund and return cost.

This is the most outrageous eBay fraud I have ever experienced. Fungus completely has destroyed lens, all clearly visible by eye, seller willingly provides crap photos and lies in description to sell item. Then refuses basic seller obligations.

Seller replies to PayPal dispute: The item the member is describing is not the item which was sent. when I have photo proof of same serial number for lens received as used in auction description!

I am not only filing a PayPal claim, I will also see to it that this maggot received the Google visibility he deserves.

cinqi-antiques fraud eBay seller

cinqi-antiques

Seller name is cinqi-antiques and item disputed is Click here to see on Ebay

Avoid this scammer and add to your blocked list on eBay.

When you make an enlargement of the last image at *bay you will see that the last figure (unfortunately blurred) never could be a "3" as he described within the text.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
When you make an enlargement of the last image at *bay you will see that the last figure (unfortunately blurred) never could be a "3" as he described within the text.

It would also be very odd for buyer and seller each to have an identical lens that differed only in the last serial digit. It would be quite a trick for you to have to pull off to find a seller with the exact same lens with even nearly the very same serial number in order to unload the fungus lens.

The buyer's been stitched up, clearly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course. The solution lies on the hand. The seller typed a wrong serial no. (with intention ?) within the *bay text.

On the other side (only a question !!) makes it sense for him to ruin his reputation for 250 $ ? It is his business. Questions over questions.

Anyway, for the buyer it is always a s..t situation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

Yes, here is the s**t I am sitting on:

SCENARIO A: NO REFUND
I paid item price, shipping price, customs & VAT ($300) for what is a fungus-spreading paperweight

SCENARIO B: REFUND WITHOUT SHIPPING & RETURN PRICE
I lose shipping price, return price, customs & VAT ($153)

SCENARIO C: REFUND INCLUDING SHIPPING
I lose return price, customs & VAT ($115)

SCENARIO D: REFUND INCLUDING RETURN SHIPPING
I lose customs and VAT ($57)

Either way it goes, I lose money and this guy will still be rated Top Seller with only 1 complaint out of 6461 Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:

I don't know what the situation is with duty, but wouldn't you be entitled to a VAT refund? If I took something back to a shop, I wouldn't expect them to retain the VAT element of the price. Who did you pay the VAT to?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Rolf wrote:

Yes, here is the s**t I am sitting on:

SCENARIO A: NO REFUND
I paid item price, shipping price, customs & VAT ($300) for what is a fungus-spreading paperweight

SCENARIO B: REFUND WITHOUT SHIPPING & RETURN PRICE
I lose shipping price, return price, customs & VAT ($153)

SCENARIO C: REFUND INCLUDING SHIPPING

SCENARIO D: REFUND INCLUDING RETURN SHIPPING
I lose customs and VAT ($57)

Either way it goes, I lose money and this guy will still be rated Top Seller with only 1 complaint out of 6461 Evil or Very Mad

Well, that's the risk you take if buying abroad. Just had the same situation, bought sth for $405, got it here, payed 20% tax on it and it turns out not to work. Seller was unwilling to compensate me, so I filed a claim, got a positive answer from Paypal/ebay and now it got really interesting: they took the money back from the sellers account and refunded me and within a couple of hours the seller must have called his credit card company and they called back the funds for him!! After having spoken to Paypal, they simply stated that this is possible and they can't and won't do anything, I should get a lawyer and sue the seller!! CONCLUSION: Paypal Buyer Protection is not worth a dime!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks Paypal, this is incredible. Minimum punishment for this trick, to kick out this seller from Ebay and Paypal forever. Who was this nasty ? Publish here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex wrote:
Esox lucius wrote:

I don't know what the situation is with duty, but wouldn't you be entitled to a VAT refund? If I took something back to a shop, I wouldn't expect them to retain the VAT element of the price. Who did you pay the VAT to?

Yes, I checked with my accountant: I can deduct the VAT but not customs, because lens is not becoming part of the inventory. An immediate write-off would not pass account inspection even though sum is low. So yes, I can get almost back on my own if seller pays return shipping cost.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Sucks Paypal, this is incredible. Minimum punishment for this trick, to kick out this seller from Ebay and Paypal forever. Who was this nasty ? Publish here.

Seller name cinqi-antiques --> http://myworld.ebay.com/cinci-antiques/

CASE UPDATE HERE IN MY SELLER-TOPIC: http://forum.mflenses.com/cinqi-antiques-ebay-avoid-this-fungus-seller-t21170.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: ebay feedback Reply with quote

Does anyone know this website ebay feedback?

www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Yes, many of us know it, but thank you anyway!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: another one: gunsmokedog55 Reply with quote

Dan Baer (formerly gunsmokedog55) sold me a filter holder plus wratten filters, and took a month to ship a pile of completely mould-eaten and destroyed filters, and had already unsubscribed from ebay before they hit my place.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Negative feedback? Reply with quote

Um, I am trying to get a partial refund from a seller who sold a lens with damaged filter thread (without showing in pic or description). The seller already refused and I have opened a case with ebay, I am wondering if I should leave a negative feedback now? Or wait to see if this can be resolved? Any comment?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think best to wait until resolution either successful or failure, then leave the worst possible feedback Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cambridgephoto

Received my payment for almost 3 weeks, told me they shipped and tracked the lens, refused to give me tracking number. When I finally open a case with evilbay today, they refund me, o I thought they already shipped the lens.

They also emailed me and try to sell me lens off ebay, glad I didn't get stupid (well, I was stupid for not knowing 97.5% positive feedback is bad)

Now I have to hunt for a G 90/2.8 again...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Cambridgephoto

Received my payment for almost 3 weeks, told me they shipped and tracked the lens, refused to give me tracking number. When I finally open a case with evilbay today, they refund me, o I thought they already shipped the lens.

They also emailed me and try to sell me lens off ebay, glad I didn't get stupid (well, I was stupid for not knowing 97.5% positive feedback is bad)

wow...view the cambrid*e several times....thought it was OK Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

declan wrote:
aleksanderpolo wrote:
Cambridgephoto

wow...view the cambrid*e several times....thought it was OK Rolling Eyes

See the number of red flag here:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=cambridgephoto&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mother... well he said he send the the eos 500 with a kit lens. But I've never got any. Damn pity I was on vacation and it was too late to complain about the not recieved item, cause of god damn EU rights, which give me only 45 days... I've sent him 4 messages. He answered just once, and said that he shipped it, but it was not insured. Basicaly he ment "piss off" your time is over.
Also payed by bank transfer... now only paypal.

So please, be aware of this seller:

http://myworld.ebay.de/bocknicci?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:DE:1181

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me few times: I won lens for minimal amount. I ask for good shipping, seller responds with high one to compensate no earning. This does not make sense for me and i transfer only winning bid amount. I also explain my decision in message. Also letting seller know he can keep the lens.

A week or two later i get: "Fall wegen eines nicht bezahlten Artikels". And soon after a strike.

And then it's on me to prove with bank receipts that item was payed. Faxing EU to USA... Luckily resolved in my favor, strike removed. I decided i will give negative feedback on such behaviour in future.

Second i will be a bit discriminative to Italians here. I am under impression Ebay market is treated as third rate business there. Ordered 3 times, described as nice condition, package always smelled of fungus even before opened. On the other hand German sellers 99% superb (to compensate my statement a bit Smile.