Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful of this seller, items did not arrive. Sent him/her a message, return message asking for more time in the hope it goes passed the 60 days, (which in my case it did) they then send a message back telling me to shop with someone else as they are on holiday.

Ebay user name and shop: caling_photo
刘 清灿 calingphoto@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Does anyone have experience with mwclassic? I purchased a lens from them five days ago, have sent them three emails and so far no response. Not saying they are a bad seller, but interested to hear of any experiences with them?

Had some nice experiences with them over the years, even long before Ebay, when Mr. Modi worked at Classic cameras in London.
Always found them to be reliable.

Klaus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This item is a Pentax-M 2.0/50 being advertised as a 1.2/50. Not uncommon, and sometimes this is a genuine mistake, but this time the American seller includes a picture taken with a Pentax-A 1.2/50. What's more, it was taken by our own Spotmatic in Holland! (I did tell him about it weeks ago but I've not had any reply and the message is still in my outbox, so if you saw it Peter please tell us the story).

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
This item is a Pentax-M 2.0/50 being advertised as a 1.2/50. Not uncommon, and sometimes this is a genuine mistake, but this time the American seller includes a picture taken with a Pentax-A 1.2/50. What's more, it was taken by our own Spotmatic in Holland! (I did tell him about it weeks ago but I've not had any reply and the message is still in my outbox, so if you saw it Peter please tell us the story).

Click here to see on Ebay

Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed that nobody has commented on the theft of Peter's picture for a fraudulent sale.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I'm amazed that nobody has commented on the theft of Peter's picture for a fraudulent sale.

Well, I for one did not see it...
Anyway, that happens often. It happened to me too, to have some of my pictures "stolen" by ebay sellers.
At least in this case, the seller did not remove the author's info. They can do that, too. They did with my pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience – 4shamp is a seller to beware of. Captions self-explanatory at this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/free_kite_bishop/6531590247/in/set-72157628469344409

Last edited by shaky on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:13 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this forum while googling a seller who's real name is listed as Darius Gholipour.
He has given me a nightmare on eBay. I ended up out of pocket on a sale to him! Long story that I can not be bothered to type in detail as I have spent days in vain typing to eBay customer support ( joke support it seems).
Very very late payment, no response to emails, got deranged after Discovering that i had left him feedback to say he didn't pay (before he paid, 8 days after sale), threatened to sue me for libel and slander when I mentioned I had read warnings on Internet about him. Demanded refund. Because he did pay in end, he got my feedback to him reversed. But left me nightmare feedback saying I sent nasty messages - eBay say they cannot remove this. I refunded him in the end because no way was I risking sending my camera to him.
He's destroyed my eBay feedback percentage. His is set to private of course (and set at 100%, but because you can't read, you can't see what feedback he leaves others, and you can't see stuff he's managed to get removed)

Now trading as dgmacroslr. Avoid.

He doesn't understand that if something is written about him, it is only slander or libel if it isn't true.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooterstar wrote:
I found this forum while googling a seller who's real name is listed as Darius Gholipour.
He has given me a nightmare on eBay. I ended up out of pocket on a sale to him! Long story that I can not be bothered to type in detail as I have spent days in vain typing to eBay customer support ( joke support it seems).
Very very late payment, no response to emails, got deranged after Discovering that i had left him feedback to say he didn't pay (before he paid, 8 days after sale), threatened to sue me for libel and slander when I mentioned I had read warnings on Internet about him. Demanded refund. Because he did pay in end, he got my feedback to him reversed. But left me nightmare feedback saying I sent nasty messages - eBay say they cannot remove this. I refunded him in the end because no way was I risking sending my camera to him.
He's destroyed my eBay feedback percentage. His is set to private of course (and set at 100%, but because you can't read, you can't see what feedback he leaves others, and you can't see stuff he's managed to get removed)

Now trading as dgmacroslr. Avoid.

He doesn't understand that if something is written about him, it is only slander or libel if it isn't true.

Welcome !
Sad to see your trouble , stay with us may help to forget it entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

WOW just saw the add, Its just incredible!!! Is there anything that can be done?? report it to eBay or something?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby wrote:
Be careful of this seller, items did not arrive. Sent him/her a message, return message asking for more time in the hope it goes passed the 60 days, (which in my case it did) they then send a message back telling me to shop with someone else as they are on holiday.

I've bought once from them (10 M42 rear caps) very fast shipping and no problems, but they don't have 100% feedback maybe because of these things.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: One to avoid on Ebay Reply with quote

Jethro Tull wrote:
Jethro Tull wrote:
I recomend you avoid this seller/buyer on Ebay " coolpix***** " Darius Gholipour of Smethwick
Buys and doesn't pay for items and ignores your emails also accuses sellers of selling him faulty goods when they are either perfect or the seller listed them as faulty and he thinks he can put a claim in for a new one very naughty indeed
Be warned!
ps He has now changed his Ebay Feedback to "Private" to hide his nasty dealings with sellers by leaving very bad feedback when he's very obviously into dodgy deals + use's many I.D's Google his name .

His name has cropped up on MANY internet forums (used to be called "usedcameralenses" )

not very nice way of doing business for a Chemist Shop? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Evil or Very Mad

best thing you can do is block his Ebay I.D on your Ebay sales so he cannot bid or buy your goods

Same guy is also Ebay Member 17496 and still upto same tricks! BE WARNED!!!!

Turns out I just 'sold' a camera to this eBay user but he is using 1917496 - I came upon this forum when Googling his full name after he won. I have a load of filters set up for suspicious bidder properties but this guy has a high 100% feedback score and was able to bid at the last second. When I saw his feedback was high but hidden I was suspicious but let it go. When he didn't reply to the invoice or emails for over 30 hours despite bidding at the last second on a high value item, I got more suspicious and Googled his name and came here. Although 30 hours isn't long and to be fair to him there could be a plausible reason for not responding, I'm not comfortable so I cancelled the transaction on eBay's advice (they were pretty good on the phone).

Better safe than sorry in my opinion and nobody's lost out this way - well, I haven't had any feedback yet so... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: One to avoid on Ebay Reply with quote

OwenB wrote:
Jethro Tull wrote:
Jethro Tull wrote:
I recomend you avoid this seller/buyer on Ebay " coolpix***** " Darius Gholipour of Smethwick
Buys and doesn't pay for items and ignores your emails also accuses sellers of selling him faulty goods when they are either perfect or the seller listed them as faulty and he thinks he can put a claim in for a new one very naughty indeed
Be warned!
ps He has now changed his Ebay Feedback to "Private" to hide his nasty dealings with sellers by leaving very bad feedback when he's very obviously into dodgy deals + use's many I.D's Google his name .

His name has cropped up on MANY internet forums (used to be called "usedcameralenses" )

not very nice way of doing business for a Chemist Shop? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Evil or Very Mad

best thing you can do is block his Ebay I.D on your Ebay sales so he cannot bid or buy your goods

Same guy is also Ebay Member 17496 and still upto same tricks! BE WARNED!!!!

Turns out I just 'sold' a camera to this eBay user but he is using 1917496 - I came upon this forum when Googling his full name after he won. I have a load of filters set up for suspicious bidder properties but this guy has a high 100% feedback score and was able to bid at the last second. When I saw his feedback was high but hidden I was suspicious but let it go. When he didn't reply to the invoice or emails for over 30 hours despite bidding at the last second on a high value item, I got more suspicious and Googled his name and came here. Although 30 hours isn't long and to be fair to him there could be a plausible reason for not responding, I'm not comfortable so I cancelled the transaction on eBay's advice (they were pretty good on the phone).

Better safe than sorry in my opinion and nobody's lost out this way - well, I haven't had any feedback yet so... Wink

I also found this site after having a bad experience with this guy. I thought you were only allowed 1 eBay account at a time but he seems to have at least 3. Just blocked these 2 from buying and also have 13002010 blocked as that's the one he bought my item from. I think that the 191 and 130 numbers are his current buying accounts but not sure what accounts he uses to sell on with.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Mr Darius Gholipour - I cancelled his transaction on my camera (never heard from him at all) and sold it to someone else in a second chance offer. Anyway that was about 3 weeks ago and eBay today sent me a notification that they had detected a fraudulent payment attempt and had cancelled all bids belonging to his 1917496 account. They advised me not to send the item - bit blooming late if I had, isn't it!

Anyway, it seemed to be saying that the account was no longer registered on eBay but I was able to view the account just now so not sure about that.

Thanks to JMCB for posting about yet another of Darius Gholipour's multiple eBay accounts. I see it has hidden feedback also. I now no longer deal with anyone with hidden feedback and if they win at the last minute before I have chance to cancel their bids I have to decide whether to try and communicate with them or cancel the transaction outright and risk a torrent of negative feedback from them for it.

Eurgh, eBay. Might just use Amazon in future.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spainmastif

If you can block this person as a bidder/buyer please do so immediately. The story would be too long to write here, just take my word for it: plays time, knows eBay dispute respond times/limits very well, lies, does not pay. Only thing he has not done yet is retaliate for the undoubtedly negative feedback I am 100% sure to leave him once the dispute is handled by eBay.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inombrable wrote:
barnaby wrote:

I've bought once from them (10 M42 rear caps) very fast shipping and no problems, but they don't have 100% feedback maybe because of these things.

Huh, didn't read the topic and now i am waiting already. Waiting...waiting for my adapters to arrive.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

45 days bottle neck with Paypal, if you not receive an item must report it before 45 days left from date of payment and ask for refund. If you forget it you can't claim after.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
45 days bottle neck with Paypal, if you not receive an item must report it before 45 days left from date of payment and ask for refund. If you forget it you can't claim after.

I recall filling a complaint even after 45 days and luckily for me I succeeded. However, that was a long time ago. I recall contacting customer support in eBAY and sending them several emails. So in the end I did get my replacement product.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've received my adapters (caling_photo) and they are nice. Might he had been unlucky with Chinese post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I've received my adapters (caling_photo) and they are nice. Might he had been unlucky with Chinese post.

Chinese Post made crap work I confirm it, my daughter did try to earn some money to buy stuff in China and sell them on local market. In November she had to close business due she lost 10 packages one by one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: One to avoid on Ebay Reply with quote

Jethro Tull wrote:
Be warned!

this dude still at it bid on a lense saturday 15th december 2012 and i still awaiting payment which is maybe a bit of luck reading on a few forums that he ripped peeps off
he now goes by the ebay name of apomatic with feedback hidden lol only setup this id this year
and in details it is darious gholipour from smetwick
so just going through the tedious task of ebays rules to report him
wil let you know how i get on Sad
how peeps can carry on like this is unreal still using same name and address etc not good ruling on ebay there Sad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder, you can set up rules in ebay to block bad buyers. This won't catch them all, but you can block buyers with two or more unpaid strikes from bidding. Another effective setting is to block buyers with no Paypal account linked to their ebay account.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Just a reminder, you can set up rules in ebay to block bad buyers. This won't catch them all, but you can block buyers with two or more unpaid strikes from bidding. Another effective setting is to block buyers with no Paypal account linked to their ebay account.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: One to avoid on Ebay Reply with quote

r1si wrote:

this dude still at it bid on a lense saturday 15th december 2012 and i still awaiting payment which is maybe a bit of luck reading on a few forums that he ripped peeps off
he now goes by the ebay name of apomatic with feedback hidden lol only setup this id this year
and in details it is darious gholipour from smetwick
so just going through the tedious task of ebays rules to report him
wil let you know how i get on Sad
how peeps can carry on like this is unreal still using same name and address etc not good ruling on ebay there Sad

Could anybody who has been unhappy with their dealings with this gentleman PM me? I am in correspondence with ebay and would welcome others experience, in absolute confidence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else got any up to date user id's for Darius? I'm about to list more kit on ebay. 13002010 seems to be inactive now.