Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer,
I called Kawa out on it and it was not well received. They asked that I not contact them or buy from them in the future Laughing I told them to get bent and I would let the world know what scum they were Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
Does anyone have experience with mwclassic? I purchased a lens from them five days ago, have sent them three emails and so far no response. Not saying they are a bad seller, but interested to hear of any experiences with them?

They did get back to me, said that they had been away on business and apologized for not responding to emails. The lens did arrive and was as described.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news at least happy ended.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon-f2-fotomic increase postage for low selling price. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is common trick especially at Far-East China, Hong Kong.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon-f2-fotomic is in UK.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain why ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody have experience with this guy on eBay. . .
albert20fut08
or experience from sellers in Peru?

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've god bad experience with member446885/Keith Rock also. Paid for Super-Takumar but received nothing. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here ! Sorry to being member of Rocky's "fun" club.
Perhaps he is the most bad reputation seller here.
To buy from him need luck for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have no idea about him, but I met some nasty trick, if I won on low price sellers doesn't responded to my mails even if I sent 2-3 or more and ?! One month later they reported me as unpaid bidder Shocked
I am afraid my Leica Macro will not mine ever, seller also not response at all.

mwclassic = plonker...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: :( Reply with quote

waltz78 - inadequate packaging (cardboard envelope), overcharged me for shipping, very aggressive emails after i left the positive feedback. Poor customer service. To be avoided.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: :( Reply with quote

[quote="waltz78"]
piticu wrote:
waltz78 - inadequate packaging (cardboard envelope), overcharged me for shipping, very aggressive emails after i left the positive feedback. Poor customer service. To be avoided.

Quote:

Don't you find it odd that you're the only one to speak up against me?

Eh? He's not. Very few, granted, but he's not the only one. Some mention crap packaging, funnily enough. The vast majority of your buyers are happy though, and that's what counts. Perhaps you should refrain from going off on one at the slightest hint of criticism.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packaging was crappy really, I never put any lens into envelope. If buyer won't pay higher shipping cost I not sell to him, this is pretty obvious I think.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Packaging was crappy really, I never put any lens into envelope. If buyer won't pay higher shipping cost I not sell to him, this is pretty obvious I think.

Problem is, none of us know for sure if the Customs opened it and didn't bother re-packing it properly. They usually mark the parcel or put a sticker on it, if they have done so.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience with customs, if item packed into cardboard box they can't make any damage they open it and wrap again without problems. Sometimes I also got lens in envelope I really don't like at all even if lens arrived in safety.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case you have right we must do everything as possible from both side to solve problems.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that sellers responsibility is to care about handling and secure packing of every single item which is going out to the shipping provider.
I am sorry to write it but seller can not blame anybody for showing disappointment after getting optic element in cardboard envelope. Lens suppose be shipped always in the box well protected except situation when buyer wants to cut down cost of shipping and requests cheapest shipping possible.
Sometimes method of S/H is the way to show respect to the buyer. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not be a judge in such situation because this is not my business. What I wrote is what I believe. I was selling plants. Plants are much more fragile. When I set estimate cost of shipping and buyer agreed to pay it was responsible to deliver parcel to her/him with living/perfect condition plant. When I made mistake in my estimate S/H nobody was guilty but me. I had to ship in the box even it took additional cost on My side. Did you let buyer know that you are going to ship lens in envelope - even in cardboard one? If not, sorry again to write it - You had to ship lens in the box and charge him true cost of shipping without any packing, driving, handling, whatever costs. Why? Because this way it is really cheaper. If you want to cover all cost you had - let it buyer know. In details. It's fair.
Everything in this and my previous post is my private opinion. As an ebay seller I've never received neither negative nor neutral feedback.

Last edited by voytek on Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first post too I never ship anything wrongly wrapped even if buyer want. I got one neutral feedback due high shipping cost , now I put into every description shipping cost is higher due more durable wrapping material as usual. Shipping is my responsibility fully, I also never ship without insurance, registration and signed-for confirmation.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: :( Reply with quote

waltz78 wrote:

If you call it "going off on someone" when a seller asks why a buyer left a poor feedback comment after the seller made every effort to give the best service possible, then I guess you never stick up for yourself and let people walk all over you.

Point made, I think. It looks like you just can't help it. I'll add you to my 'ignored' sellers list.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: :( Reply with quote

waltz78 wrote:
Farside wrote:
waltz78 wrote:

If you call it "going off on someone" when a seller asks why a buyer left a poor feedback comment after the seller made every effort to give the best service possible, then I guess you never stick up for yourself and let people walk all over you.

Point made, I think. It looks like you just can't help it. I'll add you to my 'ignored' sellers list.

Please give me your eBay user name so that I can add you to my blocked bidder list and recommend my friends to do likewise.

Unless you are not self-confident enough, like I have been to come here and defend myself. Or if you can't take the same judgments that you're passing on me.

Very clumsy try. I think the world now sees what kind of seller they'd be dealing with. It's not when things go right, it's what a seller does when things go wrong that really counts and you have an epic fail on that score. Pete's sake, all you had to do was shut up and say 'sorry' about the crap packing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: :( Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
waltz78 wrote:
Farside wrote:
waltz78 wrote:

Please give me your eBay user name so that I can add you to my blocked bidder list and recommend my friends to do likewise.

Unless you are not self-confident enough, like I have been to come here and defend myself. Or if you can't take the same judgments that you're passing on me.

Very clumsy try. I think the world now sees what kind of seller they'd be dealing with. It's not when things go right, it's what a seller does when things go wrong that really counts and you have an epic fail on that score. Pete's sake, all you had to do was shut up and say 'sorry' about the crap packing.

Dave finally did close this conversation with short summary what is true really. Have to say sorry and shut up if packing was crap. Packing and sending always seller responsibility no excuse in any case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: :( Reply with quote

waltz78 wrote:
Attila wrote:

Dave finally did close this conversation with short summary what is true really. Have to say sorry and shut up if packing was crap. Packing and sending always seller responsibility no excuse in any case.

Attila, I love you you are a great guy, I have been on these forum for years (under different names, etc.) and I always enjoy your posts -- but do you just agree with whomever made the last point, and make a reply to boost your post count? What about the point I made about the buyer not contacting me at all? Or any of the other points I brought up that you agreed on?

Buyer made big mistake to not contact to you that for sure and if he was angry from beginning instead of try to get right resolution with you to solve problem also was a big mistake. My conclusion from this story as I said before I never help in shipping to anybody with weak packaging I suggest to you this way to avoid similar conflicts. As I told before I received neutral feedback for overcharged shipping costs Sad
I suggest to you being us more actively not just a reader and hopefully we know more from each other and you will don't have any conflict at least from this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not easy with people that for sure. People has 100% different point of view almost in any case.