Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

        
EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid.
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Had an interesting interaction with "photosniper" from ebay.

They stole a picture I posted here on mflenses taken with a Jupiter 11A and Sony a850 for the "samples" section in their Jupiter 11 listing. Not even the same lens Rolling Eyes
I asked them to remove it and they responded by demanding proof that it was mine (asking me to send the RAW to their email...yeah, right) and asking why they should?

The seller uses a lot of sample images in their listings. I have to assume a lot of them are being used without the photographer's consent. Anyways, I would probably avoid them. And if you recognize any of the sample photos they're using I encourage you to contact the original photographer.


I have just received a Helios 44M-7 lens from Photosniper which looks remarkably like a 44M with a new 44M-7 faceplate stuck on it. Partly my own fault for not researching the lenses enough. They keep claiming it is an early model. Well yes, it's an early model of the 44M called the 44M - odd how the title say 44M-7. As I know at least one other person on here has been sold the same turkey I'm suspicious.

In case we have any expert Helios experts - here are some photos





So why are these photos coming up in preview but not on post ?

Amazing how that frontplate has stayed so spotless on a lens made in 1983. The actual lens is OK - not bothered enough to face the hassle of sending it back.

<Later>The seller is not happy with my negative feedback which I think is quite polite - saying that I've received a quite nice 44M with a 44-7 faceplate. Sellor is now asking me why I think it's a fake. Pointed her at a suitable site. I'd be a bit more obliging if she wasn't still selling 8 of the 29 odd she had. I know I know - all the signs were there. Just odd that no-one else has complained...</Later>


Last edited by rjm007 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total


PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjm007 wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:
Had an interesting interaction with "photosniper" from ebay.

They stole a picture I posted here on mflenses taken with a Jupiter 11A and Sony a850 for the "samples" section in their Jupiter 11 listing. Not even the same lens Rolling Eyes
I asked them to remove it and they responded by demanding proof that it was mine (asking me to send the RAW to their email...yeah, right) and asking why they should?

The seller uses a lot of sample images in their listings. I have to assume a lot of them are being used without the photographer's consent. Anyways, I would probably avoid them. And if you recognize any of the sample photos they're using I encourage you to contact the original photographer.


I have just received a Helios 44M-7 lens from Photosniper which looks remarkably like a 44M with a new 44M-7 faceplate stuck on it. Partly my own fault for not researching the lenses enough. They keep claiming it is an early model. Well yes, it's an early model of the 44M called the 44M - odd how the title say 44M-7. As I know at least one other person on here has been sold the same turkey I'm suspicious.

In case we have any expert Helios experts - here are some photos





Amazing how that frontplate has stayed so spotless on a lens made in 1983. The actual lens is OK - not bothered enough to face the hassle of sending it back.

I owned a copy back in the days and I can say yours is fake. The faceplate has been polished and the quality of engraving is poor.


PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just updated my blacklist full of various fucks from all corners of the world. Thanks guys Like 1 small


PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought an item (which I really need) from a seller in the UK - actually I think he is in HongKong - but in the item description he states that he sends from the UK. Old trick, I know. But since he is the only one who sells that item on EBAY, I didn't have another choice.

I ordered and paid on Nov 25 (paypal). In the description he promised to deliver until Dec 2.
Two days before deadline he apologized for the delay and guranteed that it will be with me on Dec 9.

His tracking number for Royal Mail doesn't work.

The item still hasn't arrived yet. (Dec 11)

Three days ago he blamed everything on Royal Mail and asked if I wanted a refund (well, at least an offer!) or another copy.

Since I need the item, I asked for another copy and if he could send in in some kind of express way.

So far he only agreed to send another copy, but I do not have a new tracking number yet.

I do not (yet) publish the name here, because I still want to wait if the "second" attempt turns out to be fine.

If the 2nd item doesn't arrive either, he will receive a bad feedback and I will publish my experiences with him online, including a warning here!


PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have bought an item (which I really need) from a seller in the UK - actually I think he is in HongKong - but in the item description he states that he sends from the UK. Old trick, I know. But since he is the only one who sells that item on EBAY, I didn't have another choice.

I ordered and paid on Nov 25 (paypal). In the description he promised to deliver until Dec 2.
Two days before deadline he apologized for the delay and guranteed that it will be with me on Dec 9.

His tracking number for Royal Mail doesn't work.

The item still hasn't arrived yet. (Dec 11)

Three days ago he blamed everything on Royal Mail and asked if I wanted a refund (well, at least an offer!) or another copy.

Since I need the item, I asked for another copy and if he could send in in some kind of express way.

So far he only agreed to send another copy, but I do not have a new tracking number yet.

I do not (yet) publish the name here, because I still want to wait if the "second" attempt turns out to be fine.

If the 2nd item doesn't arrive either, he will receive a bad feedback and I will publish my experiences with him online, including a warning here!

What is the last two alphabet of the tracking number? If it ends with HK, it is from Hong Kong Post. If it ends with CN/CS, it is from China Post.


PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

What is the last two alphabet of the tracking number? If it ends with HK, it is from Hong Kong Post. If it ends with CN/CS, it is from China Post.


It is GB, so it's supposed to be the UK. And still is is not here yet.
Yesterday I received another tracking number (for the second parcel), also ending in GB.

But I don't know if he has the item sent to the UK first and then sends it on to me, thus the delay.


So far, I have never ever experieced any trouble with Royal Mail, they have always been pretty fast, really.


PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bad experience with an UK seller using the International Shipment Program of ebay - it never arrived, got lost!!
It is handled by a third party shipping agent and they have tracking numbers the official post system do not recognize!!
NEVER will I let anybody use that again....

So it might not be the seller, but that shipping method....

If it hasn't arrived, you can still get your money back from Paypal, just let them know, I got mine back at least.


PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people at UK aware that the International Shipment Program of ebay charges a hell of postage for what they sell? I was to buy two rolls of Svema for 5 UKP and the shipping was 19 UKP!
A really bad joke!


PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, the item (I guess the second one) arrived today. That means shipment needed about one month from the UK to Germany, for just the second one still about two weeks. That is ridiculous.

The item is not built well, but it works. And since I did not find this thing anywhere else, I guess I need to accept it.

Of course, I can't really know if it was the seller or the carrier, but then he told me that he had posted the second parcel on Dec 13 and in the tracking system it said that it was posted on Dec 17.

So, something is not right here.

Anyway, the item has arrived. But if you ever want to buy from "fotopremier" be aware that it might need quite a while...

The communiaction was rather good, though. They have reacted pretty fast when I asked them something.


PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Photosniper and the "44M-7"

Got a final email saying that "oh yes you are right so I will remove listing and could you remove the negative feedback?"
Mmm yes, removed the listing after you have sold them all. You have to wonder if she will find another batch somewhere ?


PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: EBAY: retrovator - Konica Auto S camera - AVOID Reply with quote

I bought this camera from this seller:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/232118866692

When it arrived, I was very surprised by the state of the lens considering the camera had been serviced.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tar3mmli54bdfi/AACLiQ26chwB8gZge7zWZJlya?dl=0

When looking through the lens with the shutter set wide open you will notice that there are a significant filaments or fibers, some of them are quiet prominent between the lens elements. In addition, the glass covering the viewfinder window is chipped on the lower left and right corners. which was not disclosed.

Whilst this may not affect the IQ, I feel cheated as this is really shabby workmanship.
Failure to disclosure any issue with the camera is disappointing.

I would avoid this seller.! Mad


PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: EBAY: retrovator - Konica Auto S camera - AVOID Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
I bought this camera from this seller:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/232118866692

When it arrived, I was very surprised by the state of the lens considering the camera had been serviced.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tar3mmli54bdfi/AACLiQ26chwB8gZge7zWZJlya?dl=0

When looking through the lens with the shutter set wide open you will notice that there are a significant filaments or fibers, some of them are quiet prominent between the lens elements. In addition, the glass covering the viewfinder window is chipped on the lower left and right corners. which was not disclosed.

Whilst this may not affect the IQ, I feel cheated as this is really shabby workmanship.
Failure to disclosure any issue with the camera is disappointing.

I would avoid this seller.! Mad


I have this often, people just look and don't even to bother to use a LED, light when checking lenses Wink


PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: EBAY: retrovator - Konica Auto S camera - AVOID Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
stingOM wrote:
I bought this camera from this seller:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/232118866692

When it arrived, I was very surprised by the state of the lens considering the camera had been serviced.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tar3mmli54bdfi/AACLiQ26chwB8gZge7zWZJlya?dl=0

When looking through the lens with the shutter set wide open you will notice that there are a significant filaments or fibers, some of them are quiet prominent between the lens elements. In addition, the glass covering the viewfinder window is chipped on the lower left and right corners. which was not disclosed.

Whilst this may not affect the IQ, I feel cheated as this is really shabby workmanship.
Failure to disclosure any issue with the camera is disappointing.

I would avoid this seller.! Mad




I have this often, people just look and don't even to bother to use a LED, light when checking lenses Wink


What really disturbed me is the fact that the seller dis not even bother giving the camera a good clean which is what I would expect from a good CLA! A few fibers are not an issue to me, but when I saw the chips on the viewfinder glass and the dirty on the mirror assembly in the rangefinder window and the light meter, it was just too much to ignore!!


PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thread thanks all for posting I am always a bit sceptical when looking at items on e bay particularly when looking at items from abroad and in the uk useful to know witch ones to stay away from.


PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still to be solved so I'm not making the vendor name, however one chinese vendor asks me to give a positive feedback and a five star rating before sending me a refund for a not received item!

He (or she) pleads with me so as not to be punished by his(her) owner, being just a wrker ..

Sounds like a lousy excuse and a blackmail to me, obviously, so I answered that I want a refund before giving a feedback.

It is infantile btw, afaik in China tehre are no slave workers that are in danger of being flogged for a small loss.

Will publish the name if it gets nasty, as I suspect.

Transaction is minor but I hate liars and blackmailers