Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: :( Reply with quote

waltz78 wrote:

But packaging was not crap, that's the whole point. The 300+ other buyers to whom I sent items in packaging like that gave me EXCELLENT feedback because I saved them money, yet still got their items to them quickly and safely. You're just far too ignorant to understand anything but your own ideas.

Things only "went wrong" because the buyer didn't handle the situation properly. I respond in kind. If he had contacted me before leaving feedback, he would've gotten a very nice, caring reply where in I would've been sorry for how he received his lens, and offered some kind of compensation. Would you like to see the 4 or 5 other emails I've written in that apologetic, kind tone when buyers talked to me that way, in the rare cases something else went wrong? Of course you don't, because you have your head too far up your arse to see the light of day! Rolling Eyes

You can keep living in your world of prejudices and ignorances. Hell, I won't even pretend I'm that much better than you. But at least when a conversation is being had, I address all the points properly, instead of relying on my ignorance to (poorly) make my points for me. So I guess you'll never understand...

Right, so it's all the buyer's fault. Uhuh.
And you denied getting any bad feedback about lousy packing. Uhuh.
Pity about that nuisance of a feedback record, isn't it? If that wasn't there you could plausibly deny everything. As I said before, we now see you for what you are. You aren't a seller - you're just a guy who sells stuff. A real seller takes notice of feedback and doesn't immediately jump all over people who might have a complaint. A real seller tries to improve his ways of doing business and increase customer satisfaction.
By the way - if you want to start swearing like a jerk, and trading personal insults, take it to PM and don't foul the forum with your dockside language. I'm not impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid. Reply with quote

Bad Ebay seller:

Exclamation mvd0807 , kichkas4214, and now world_antique Exclamation

Ukrainian seller, I never received the parcel, nor did I receive any money refund (though I paid with Paypal).

EDIT:
Real identity of this BAD seller is:
Marina V D........k , in Zaporijja/Zaporizhzhya city, Ukrainia. (I can provide the full name in PM if requested).

Last edited by kichkas_victim on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty bad! Sorry about that!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know about "russianarsenal" ??

I don't know if they're just being lazy but...

Click here to see on Ebay

I kindly sent them a message saying that what they have there are Volna-3s not Volna-9s, and so they should change the title, besides the fact that Volna-3s (or, currently known as Arsat 80/2.8s) can be bought for $40 new, so 3 for $169 isn't a deal at all, and yet, no reply and no changing of the title... dishonest? Trying to lure in ppl who want Volna-9 but don't know what it looks like?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, they are K88 screwmount, so no great bargain even at 40usd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Also, they are K88 screwmount, so no great bargain even at 40usd.

Great point, I missed that part; that would've added an extra 10-15USD in costs (K88-P6 adapter) to make it useful! Bastards! Twisted Evil Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
...besides the fact that Volna-3s (or, currently known as Arsat 80/2.8s) can be bought for $40 new...

Where ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
rawhead wrote:
...besides the fact that Volna-3s (or, currently known as Arsat 80/2.8s) can be bought for $40 new...

Where ?

Hmmmm, could've sworn I saw that price somewhere... KievCamera or Araxfoto... maybe I was mistaken. Hartblei.com has them for $60 a piece

http://hartblei.com/price_list.htm

Still, much better deal than a set of 3 used Volna-3s in Kiev-88 mount.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad seller:

gabaldy / luigigab

I´ve bid for an item. one day after item is sold to another member, he wrote me - but he isn´t the seller

is here anybody who can perfect translate german to english?

here´s the email:

Hallo,

ich bin der Verkäufer des Artikels : XXX (Ursprüngliche Artikelnummer: XXX). Sie haben auf diesen auch geboten. In Kooperation mit eBay, und weil der Höchstbieter die Transaktion nicht beenden konnte, möchte ich Ihnen einen Angebot unterbreiten. Falls Sie doch noch Interesse hätten, kontaktieren Sie mich doch bitte auf meine persönliche E-Mail Adresse: xxx@hotmail.com
Über eine Meldung würde ich mich sehr freuen, um Ihnen den nächsten Schritt mitteilen zu können.Falls Sie sonstige Fragen haben, zögern Sie nicht mich an meine direkte E-Mail Adresse anzuschreiben: xxx@hotmail.com
Sollten Sie keine Interesse mehr haben, möchte ich mich entschuldigen und würde Sie bitten diese E-Mail zu löschen.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
xxx

- gabaldy

Last edited by loksi67 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know German very little but it looks like spoof, phishing. Watch out. Find him and then ask him using ebay messaging system to write you again but in English. You will get proper information and confirmation that this is a true message from him. Go to the bidding history and check all sellers for number of feedback, the person who wrote you has 23 as a score, he/she is buying very seldom

Last edited by voytek on Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is located in austria. I also. I can´t say to him: please write me in english Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that if you write to somebody using ebay messaging system and you type your email adress it shows like plain text not as a link to certain email address. This is strange that he twice direct you to email address. "If you want (..), klick it/here please" - this is common practice to lure people

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDITED OUT]

I deleted this post because on the very last day before my Paypal claim would've reached it's final date without a response from the seller, the item arrived. It took 1 whole month to arrive because the seller sent it using regular airmail. While I'm still pissed that he sent it airmail when he said he sent it DHL, and that he never responded to my multiple emails, and didn't even respond to the Paypal claim, he was not a thief as I had insinuated in the post; thus deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: EBAY, nasty sellers to avoid. Reply with quote

kichkas_victim wrote:
Bad Ebay seller:

Exclamation mvd0807 , kichkas4214, and now world_antique Exclamation

Ukrainian seller, I never received the parcel, nor did I receive any money refund (though I paid with Paypal).

EDIT:
Real identity of this BAD seller is:
Marina V D........k , in Zaporijja/Zaporizhzhya city, Ukrainia. (I can provide the full name in PM if requested).

Update: she changed her ebay name.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: UK seller filterfantastic08 - AVOID Reply with quote

Bought a Fuji S5 DSLR, returned it since it was significantly worse than described.

Now many months later I still don't have my fund (ca EUR350) back.

The case goes to my UK laywer now.

Seller filterfantastic08 ---> AVOID!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These "fantastic" guys are not so fantastic I had also big trouble with "kaptainfantastic" Ebay seller from Australia.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loksi67 wrote:
bad seller:

gabaldy / luigigab

I´ve bid for an item. one day after item is sold to another member, he wrote me - but he isn´t the seller

is here anybody who can perfect translate german to english?

here´s the email:

Hallo,

ich bin der Verkäufer des Artikels : XXX (Ursprüngliche Artikelnummer: XXX). Sie haben auf diesen auch geboten. In Kooperation mit eBay, und weil der Höchstbieter die Transaktion nicht beenden konnte, möchte ich Ihnen einen Angebot unterbreiten. Falls Sie doch noch Interesse hätten, kontaktieren Sie mich doch bitte auf meine persönliche E-Mail Adresse: xxx@hotmail.com
Über eine Meldung würde ich mich sehr freuen, um Ihnen den nächsten Schritt mitteilen zu können.Falls Sie sonstige Fragen haben, zögern Sie nicht mich an meine direkte E-Mail Adresse anzuschreiben: xxx@hotmail.com
Sollten Sie keine Interesse mehr haben, möchte ich mich entschuldigen und würde Sie bitten diese E-Mail zu löschen.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
xxx

- gabaldy

Translation would be something like this:
"Hello,
I am the seller of the item : XXX (item number).You have also bid on this item. In cooperation with eBay, and because highest bidder couldn't finish the transaction, i would like to make you a proposition. If you are still interested (in this item), contact me at my personal mail : xxx@hotmail.com
Really looking forward to your mail, so i can tell you next step. If you have any questions, don't be affraid to write to me at my personal mail:xxx@hotmail.com
If you don't have any more interest (in item), i appologize and ask you to delete this mail.

with friendly greetings,
xxx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It screams "SCAM!"
Not the first time a scammer has contacted a runner-up with a tempting offer. The bidder anonymity now should prevent this, but perhaps it failed.
I'd only take up a second-chance offer if the seller contacted me directly from his ebay account and only if the item was close enough to collect in person, if it was worth anything above a few quid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: New seller added to list : xiyizii Reply with quote

xiyizii is selling items at bloated prices. This guy dosent know how to do a simple Google search to check accurate prices on new items.

I warned him he would end up on our boards.

Avoid this guy like the plague!

Heres a bit of what transpired between us:

Im looking for a digital storage unit to take with me on day trips. I was looking at the Epson-P3000, it is priced brand new at 399.99, and the P-4000 is just way out of my price range.

I thought I would give ebay a go, so I searched for the old model, the Epson-P2000.

I found a few good reasonable prices. Most selling for about 150.00 USD.
Then I came across this IDIOT!

Click here to see on Ebay

I dropped him a note asking why he was selling the old version for so much. His exact reply:

Dear spiralcity1,

I saw people are selling for $499.99. Thanks.

- xiyizii

I wrote him back and told him to check any local dealer for the NEWER Epson P-3000 prices.

This will give you an idea of the going rate on the NEWER and improved unit.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=epson+P-3000&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16708787270090082718&ei=9P1YSvr_AY_mlAfR_fSTBg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4#ps-sellers

WHAT A JOKE !!!!

I also noticed he lowered his price by about 50.00 USD after I dropped him the note. STILL WAY TOO MUCH!

Epson also has a NEW P-4000 unit, I believe they go up to the P-7000. But those units are a bit high in price.

The P-2000 can be found for 100.00 to 150.0 USD on the bay. This guy has lost his mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: New seller added to list : xiyizii Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
Im looking for a digital storage unit to take with me on day trips. I was looking at the Epson-P3000, it is priced brand new at 399.99, and the P-4000 is just way out of my price range.
Don't forget that the old model of Asus Eee PC with 160GB storage is selling for less than 300$. Plus you get a huge screen to check you picture in comparison with any Epson digital bank Wink
Sorry for the off topic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: New seller added to list : xiyizii Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
spiralcity wrote:
Don't forget that the old model of Asus Eee PC with 160GB storage is selling for less than 300$. Plus you get a huge screen to check you picture in comparison with any Epson digital bank Wink
Sorry for the off topic.

Thanks piticu,
My budget is under 200.00 USD. Not much to work with, but I know I will find something very good.

The screen on the P-2000 is 3.8 inches, so it really isnt bad. You can get a good view of the image.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: New seller added to list : xiyizii Reply with quote

piticu wrote:
spiralcity wrote:
Sorry for the off topic.

GEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!

piticu,
I went ahead and purchased a Asus Eee PC 1005HA .... Shocked Confused Cool

THANKS A LOT... LOL Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For future reference, PMPs (portable media players) can also make for great and cheap digital storage solution. I use an Archos 5 and it works great. Albeit you need to carry an external card reader with you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay is not what it used to be. I've been very active on eBay in the past 9 months, and here are a few things that bug me:

FROM A SELLER'S POINT OF VIEW
No idea to sell anything to anyone, unless you receive payment with PayPal and can ship it with tracking that can trace package all the way. Any different than this and buyer can file a false PayPal claim of item not received, keep item and money. Seller protection sucks, all this makes shipping cost high, eBay and PayPal costs high, buying price too high and sellers net income too low = not worth selling on eBay.

I ship item within 1 hour from receiving PayPal payment. Postal service strike/holidays/inefficiency or customs inspection delays item delivery, what happens? Buyer reviews me as very slow delivery, or worse: files an item not received claim, locking my PayPal account (it takes weeks to re-verify all PayPal seller account details like proof of address etc.)

eBay's automated shipping calculator sucks more than a black hole in space. I am required to give an exact shipping price, despite it being impossible to list all shipping options available to 174 countries.

Localized (German, UK, Italian etc.) sites especially suck with shipping calculations. eBay just does not get it that Scandinavian/other sellers cannot use German or UK postal service to ship items!

PayPal conversion fees are legalized theft. Why is there no EU eBay site, where I can sell in EURos and use English, a quite global language?

Buyers always want lowest price but fastest delivery = not possible. If I ship priority signed buyer gets item fast but reviews me as expensive shipping costs. If I ship economy unsigned buyer reviews me as slow delivery!

I can't automatically block 0-feedback buyers, I have to cancel their bids manually which is impossible in the last minutes/seconds of an auction. In my experience of 200 transactions, 0-feedback buyers are the worst. Almost none ever read the description what they're bidding on and cancel purchase (but only after I've sent them 5 payment requests). The rest never pays and none of the other bidders ever respond to 2nd chance offers as they're afraid of a scam or have already bought another similar/same item.

FROM A BUYER'S POINT OF VIEW
Since they changed the feedback system, you can't really trust any seller anymore. 100% feedback means nothing today. If a buyer/seller leaves a bad review then the other retaliates = no-one leaves bad feedback!

Especially low-priced items are percentually highly over-priced due to low seller-protection (see seller's point of view --> what raises total price).

I can maintain a list of blocked bidders but I can't keep an ignore-list of notoriously ill-famed sellers. OK, I can exclude seller names in the advanced search, but why can't my settings automatically ignore everything they list?

Worst of all: eBay is so keen on getting commission fees that they systematically ignore sellers who use multiple accounts to bid on their own items = boost their own profit. The anonymous auctions make this even more easy to get away with, as other eBay users can't spot this and report sellers to eBay.

eBay sucks nowadays, it is not the place for bargains that it once was when I joined, a loong time ago.