Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cinqi-antiques eBay, avoid this fungus seller
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: cinqi-antiques eBay, avoid this fungus seller Reply with quote

cinqi-antiques eBay feedback fungus seller

I bought a Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 K from seller cinqi-antiques

Described as, I quote: "This auction features a vintage Nikon Nikkor lens non Ai lens. This is a 85mm zoom lens with an f-stop of 1:1.8. This lens is fully functional, easy to adjust aperture and focus. Super clean, free from any dents or dings. Glass is free from any scratches and fungus. Comes with felt carrying bag. Serial number 418753. Has both original end caps."

Item received:

Fungus completely has destroyed lens, all clearly visible by eye. Seller provides crap photos and writes faulty description to sell item.

High res photo proof and dispute diary:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mureena/sets/72157622548171256/

Avoid this seller and add to your blocked list on eBay.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:10 am; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260480523301

eBay item description: Super clean, free from any dents or dings. Glass is free from any scratches and fungus.

DISPUTE DIARY

Oct. 9
Fungus clearly visible 1s from opening bubble wrap. How seller managed to take 3 close-up photos, handle lens at least twice and package without noticing is incomprehensible.

Oct. 9
--> eBAY MESSAGE SENT
Buyer requires full refund and return at seller's cost
Seller replies: "The problems you noted in your email are not even remotely close to the lens we sold. Seller refuses to refund shipping and return cost, accepts item price refund if lens returned first.

(Seller denies there is an issue with the lens he sold. )

Oct 9
Another eBay mail with link to these photos, seller replies
" I dont agree with your assesment of the lens"

Oct 10
--> PAYPAL DISPUTE OPENED
Buyer provides PayPal with photo evidence of fungus, requires full refund and payment for return.
Seller: "The item the member is describing is not the item which was sent. We will gladly refund purchase price of lens if the lens is returned"

(Seller claims fungus photos are of different lens than he sold!)

Oct. 10
Buyer sends photo matching serial number with fungus. Same lens!
Seller replies: Does not admit lens is destroyed by fungus but writes "I wish that I had posted more pictures or perhaps that you had asked for more" (before bidding).

Seller blaims buyer for trusting item description!

Oct. 11
No replies from seller

Oct. 12
No replies from seller

Oct. 13
No replies from seller

Buyer returns item as signed package.

Oct 19th
Seller does not communicate anything, only refunds item price and shipping, but not return shipping, VAT or customs fees (total $115]

Oct 20
Seller receives negative eBay feedback

Oct 21
Seller retaliates with email

Oct 21
Seller sends another email where he writes only "Tell your mother I said hello"

Dear Jeff & Lauren Lynn of Cinqi-antiques: I strongly believe the lens isn't the only thing in your household that is severely affected by fungus.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 7 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number is different !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
The serial number is different !

He has written wrong serial in listing text. Listing photos have identical serial number to lens I received.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oct 14
Seller messages refund for purchase but no refund for item return cost.

--> SCENARIO C: I lose return price, customs & VAT ($115) because of seller mistake

VAT I can deduct, so my loss is customs and return shipping price. I'll wait and see, but I expect to be compensated for return shipping USD 41.48 as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope they will refund your purchase, I've just heard so many horror stories of neverending international disputes where the seller agrees to refund but never does, then all ends when the buyer just doesn't have the energy or time to file any more complaints, and filing a legal suit that doesn't go as planned would cost a whole lot more than it would benefit..

Sucks in so many undescribable ways :(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller refunded only auction price plus shipping. I had to return item at own cost and pay customs and VAT myself - total $115 lost due to seller mistake.

I wrote negative feedback and included 85/1.8 in comment so that hopefully he won't be able to re-list it again as "Super clean, free from any scratches or fungus" and sell it to someone else

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having received negative seller feedback, seller emails me. Here's my reply, the last ever because I added his email to blocked address list.

Dear Cinqi-Antiques,

In your post-feedback email, you say you "believe that the customer does come first". Furthermore, you recommend that I take lesson from your philosophy of "treating others how you would like to be treated".

Start living as you teach, because the following are quotes from individual replies that YOU wrote to PayPal dispute:

"The problems you noted in your email are not even remotely close to the lens we sold"
Customer always comes first, eh?

"The item the member is describing is not the item which was sent."
You claim I falsified PayPal dispute document!? Photographing a different lens than you sold!?

After PayPal dispute photo matching lens serial with fungus, you wrote
"I wish that I had posted more pictures or perhaps that you had asked for more (before bidding)"
You blaim me for bidding and trusting a description you commit to, when selling on eBay!?

Described as "Super clean, free from any dents or dings. Glass is free from any scratches and fungus."

"Had you not immediately insinuated fraud and called us "cheats", we would have gladly considered refunding all of your costs..."

Cry me a river.

I did not make seller ID, photo evidence or facts public on the WWW until I had received denial reply from you. If you, in your first reply via eBay, had shown even the tiniest sign of seller remorse, I would have kept your Google fame at zero and eBay feedback clean, only adding you to a short list of eBay sellers to avoid in the future.

In my 189 + 242 account transactions on eBay I have let several sellers off the hook, despite seller error/misconduct. You, however, you were something special. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother of idiots always pregnant... there is a clear evidence of big mistake of seller... in this case must have to refund all costs without hesitation.