Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gotya
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Gotya Reply with quote

Sold off my Pentax FA 5 f1.4 to buy the Voigtlander 58 f1.4, a modern MF lens and was rewarded with a bit of action on the streets of Melbourne with this shoplifter being unceremoriously nicked.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shot! Shocked

Have you considered offering or selling this one to a local newspaper?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! great one!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was is a bowler hat he stolen .. ?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Gotya Reply with quote

Great moment!

The lens is a joy to use, I find it's better corrected than most 50-58mm lenses I have.

P.S. I don't think they civilian shop guards want to see their face printed in a local magazine. That still doesn't mean you should not try to sell it to a local mag, just blur their faces?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great catch of the moment ... and a professional holding grip.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super shot Johnno! I think maybe any shop would be pleased to show the world what happens to someone if they try to steal.

Just think, 200 years ago that bloke would have been transported to Australia! Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the papers are interested in petty crime pics.
Those severe judges back in the old Dart were doing folk a favour deporting folk here.
Now here is a little irony regarding transportation of convicts to Australia, we'll call it historical rather then political so I don't get chastised.
Melbourne is named after a Lord Melbourne, a one time Prime Minister of England who sentenced a group of seditious gentlemen known as the Tolpuddle Martyrs to transportation to Australia for forming a cartel that dared to try to organise a set rate of pay for a particular task which I believe was harvesting grain. In Melbourne the first ever agreement to the eight hour work day was agreed to, guess who one of the folk were who asked for it, one of the Tolpuddle Martyrs.
With the climatic conditions here I'm sure those who were transported must have thought the judges had a seriously perverse sense of justice. You're off to a warmer climate away from the crowded cities and the social impact of the Industrial revolution.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great action pic !

Cheers
TObias