Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Glass
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Nikon Glass Reply with quote

[Price reduced]

I've got some. Initial post, trying to get a feel for interest level. All lenses are in EX~EX+ condition except where mentioned.

1. Ai Nikkor 24mm f2.8 w/ genuine HN-1 hood, F/R caps, Heliopan UV filter for protection, soft leather pouch: $200

2. Nikkor-O 35mm f2 (non-Ai, mount modded for metering on older bodies), F/R caps, Nikon L37c UV filter for protection, soft leather pouch: $80

3. Ai Micro-Nikkor 55mm f3.5, some wipe marks and internal dust, body with light/moderate wear, F/R caps, Heliopan UV filter: $60

4. Nikkor S.C. Auto 50mm f1.4, F/R caps, non-Ai: $65 SOLD

5. Nikkor P.C Auto 105mm f2.5 (non-Ai, mount modded for metering on older bodies), F/R caps: $125

6. Nikkor-H Auto 85mm f1.8, non-Ai, F/R caps, Heliopan UV filter: $165 SOLD

not pictured:

7. Ai Nikkor 180mm f2.8 non-ED, some wipe marks and a bit of internal dust, moderate wear on body and built-in lenshood: $115

8. Nikon FE [BK] with slight wear cosmetically, but mechanically appear to be working perfect, with +0.5 eyepiece correction attachment: $90

24/2.8

85/1.8

180/2.8

105/2.5

Note cosmetic blemish (exaggerated with light to accentuate it) near the filter ring.

Last edited by rawhead on Sat May 01, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 10 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I never realized how deeply recessed the front element was in the Micro-Nikkor. Shocked When you put it next to the others, it almost looks like the glass is missing. Very Happy

Probably a nice one to shoot with though, as you wouldn't have to worry about needing a protective filter on it. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Nikon Glass Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:

7. Ai Nikkor 180mm f2.8, some wipe marks and a bit of internal dust, moderate wear on body and built-in lenshood: $125

Just making sure here: is this the non-ED version?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, any ideas how much it would cost to ship the 50/1.4 to Italy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Wow, I never realized how deeply recessed the front element was in the Micro-Nikkor. Shocked When you put it next to the others, it almost looks like the glass is missing. Very Happy

Probably a nice one to shoot with though, as you wouldn't have to worry about needing a protective filter on it. Wink

That is true, no hood needed for that one Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Nikon Glass Reply with quote

larsr wrote:
rawhead wrote:

7. Ai Nikkor 180mm f2.8, some wipe marks and a bit of internal dust, moderate wear on body and built-in lenshood: $125

Just making sure here: is this the non-ED version?

Oh, yes, of course, non-ED version Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Uhm, any ideas how much it would cost to ship the 50/1.4 to Italy?

Well, since the lens is small, it's possible to wrap it heavily in bubble wrap and safely ship inside what we call a USPS Priority flat rate envelope. That would be $13 global.

If you want it in a box, it's at least going to cost something like $27.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the interest level is low Laughing

Added pics for the 24/2.8 and 85/1.8 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, looking for advice here, since i'm quite unfamiliar with Nikons. How does the 35 compare with an Elmarit or Flektogon for instance ? i have a decent elmarit but i wouldn't be against faster speed and better sharpness one the sides....cheers and nice collection!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sankukaai wrote:
hey, looking for advice here, since i'm quite unfamiliar with Nikons. How does the 35 compare with an Elmarit or Flektogon for instance ? i have a decent elmarit but i wouldn't be against faster speed and better sharpness one the sides....cheers and nice collection!

I don't have an Elmarit, but there's no comparison between it and a Flek 35/2.4.

As much as I love my Flek, the Nik will outshine the Flek in sharpness––both center and edge-to-edge––any day of the week. The extra half-stop aperture is a great bonus, too. I would choose the Flek for bokeh and of course the close-focus ability––though admittedly, those are very important to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added pics for the 180/2.8. 24/2.8 is already up on the 'Bay. Other lenses will migrate over there soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Added pics for the 180/2.8. 24/2.8 is already up on the 'Bay. Other lenses will migrate over there soon.

Good choice, selling them independently on eVilbay. It will fetch you a better price anyway. For Nikon system users on the forum most of those are already in the bag, I think it explains the low amount of buyers here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
rawhead wrote:

Good choice, selling them independently on eVilbay. It will fetch you a better price anyway. For Nikon system users on the forum most of those are already in the bag, I think it explains the low amount of buyers here.

I would buy 85 or Fe body but no money now Sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
I guess the interest level is low Laughing

I've strong interest in 105mm, but too many troubles with italian customs: delay, and risk of vat (on used stuff it's a nonsense) and risk of fees ... too bad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 24/2.8 is AI not AIS.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:

really? I thought that if the smallest aperture (f22) was In orange, it's AiS... My bad!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
sichko wrote:

really? I thought that if the smallest aperture (f22) was In orange, it's AiS... My bad!

The "22" is orange on the 24/2.8 AI as well. The "5.6" is a different colour - white on the AI and orange on the AIS ...

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/24f28.htm

The easiest way to tell the difference is to look at the underside of the mount. There is a scalloped cut-out - near the locking slot - on the AIS. Also the grip ring - the metal ring between the aperture and focusing rings - has a DOF scale on the AIS. It's not present on the AI.

Edit - or rather, on the AI, the DOF scale is on a black ring between the silver ring and the focusing ring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

105/2.5 pics added.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price reduced across the board.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the prices are very reasonable - if you can't get them sold here, go ebay! I would have grabbed a few if I didn't have the ones I need already =)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
sichko wrote:

The smallest aperture on the ADR (small) numbers, not the big ones.

In case of doubt check the serial numbers
http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html#24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
105/2.5 pics added.

The 105/2.5 has not been AI converted. It has merely had part of the aperture ring hacked away.

It will break any digital Nikon which isn't pre-AI compatible.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
rawhead wrote:
105/2.5 pics added.

The 105/2.5 has not been AI converted. It has merely had part of the aperture ring hacked away.

What's the difference? I know it hasn't been AI'd by Nikon, but I was told by the previous owner, who used it on the FE, that it was AI'd.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
rawhead wrote:
105/2.5 pics added.

What's the difference?

Look at the rear of the aperture ring on your AI 24/2.8. You will see one longer ridge, which connects with the aperture follower, and one short ridge which (on CPU-enabled cameras with electronic contacts) connects with another switch to let the camera know that the aperture ring is set to the smallest aperture. This is needed for shutter priority, for example.

Now look at the back of your 105. It has a solid bar most of the way round.

When mounted, it will break the min-aperture sensing switch. Unless that switch is of the type that presses into the body.

rawhead wrote:
I know it hasn't been AI'd by Nikon,

Not in itself a problem, a competent machinist can AI a lens and the Nikon AI conversion rings are hard to come by.

rawhead wrote:
Ibut I was told by the previous owner, who used it on the FE, that it was AI'd.

It isn't. Its crudely hacked. It may give exposure info (although the leading edge of the cut is rather rough, it seems to be in about the right place) and will safely mount on a camera that only has manual and aperture priority, or a camera that is pre-AI compatible.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:

It isn't. Its crudely hacked. It may give exposure info (although the leading edge of the cut is rather rough, it seems to be in about the right place) and will safely mount on a camera that only has manual and aperture priority, or a camera that is pre-AI compatible.

Well, thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to change the description for that lens, too..

What I still don't understand is, then, what good is this "hack", if it will only safely mount on non-Ai ready bodies?