Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Astro Pano Zenitar 16/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Astro Pano Zenitar 16/2.8 Reply with quote

A part of my aurora hunting walk in my village.
Stacked from 5 vertical images. There is still visible stiching places.
ISO 3200, 30 sec, 16mm, f2.8
No auroras Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulation very good photo (you will get lucky eventually )
Smile

Regards
Catalin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clicked on the picture and wow, what a starry sky! You are a very talented photographer, I'm happy to have you among us Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arhi_tectu1 wrote:
congratulation very good photo (you will get lucky eventually )
Smile

Regards
Catalin

Thanks!
Everything is yet to come Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I clicked on the picture and wow, what a starry sky! You are a very talented photographer, I'm happy to have you among us Smile

I am delighted to be here Smile There is the best company!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

+10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done (even without aurora)!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Astro Pano Zenitar 16/2.8 Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:

High-ISO stitching can be problematic, and sometimes stitching them can be counter-intuitive.

The biggest giveaway for the stitch lines is banding, and the reason you get banding is because the stitchers automatically blend a somewhat wide region between adjacent images to mask the stitch line and balance any exposure differences.

With normal images this works great the majority of the time. What causes problems with high-ISO images is that this blending is effectively layering & averaging images, which is a very effective method for reducing random image noise. So you have a large image with normal high-ISO noise, but with bands which have less noise.

So the trick is to adjust the stitching settings so that the blend width is very very small, just a few pixels, or perhaps even zero so that the images are hard-cut. This also requires that the images be well-corrected for exposure, color, and vignetting... and very precisely aligned so that the edges match, as the blend region won't hide these problems.

Hope that helps. Your photo is fantastic by the way. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Astro Pano Zenitar 16/2.8 Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
shauttra wrote:

High-ISO stitching can be problematic, and sometimes stitching them can be counter-intuitive.

The biggest giveaway for the stitch lines is banding, and the reason you get banding is because the stitchers automatically blend a somewhat wide region between adjacent images to mask the stitch line and balance any exposure differences.

With normal images this works great the majority of the time. What causes problems with high-ISO images is that this blending is effectively layering & averaging images, which is a very effective method for reducing random image noise. So you have a large image with normal high-ISO noise, but with bands which have less noise.

So the trick is to adjust the stitching settings so that the blend width is very very small, just a few pixels, or perhaps even zero so that the images are hard-cut. This also requires that the images be well-corrected for exposure, color, and vignetting... and very precisely aligned so that the edges match, as the blend region won't hide these problems.

Hope that helps. Your photo is fantastic by the way. Cool

Lot of new info!
Thanks!! Smile