Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 600mm solid cat lens...A few quick photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBaker wrote:
Do you have a pic with that 600 mirror on the camera?

Scheimpflug already posted one:

Scheimpflug wrote:
Have a look here for an example of how small the 600/8 is when mounted to a camera: http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=301325

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or go here and see mine...they are the same but I like mine better!! LOL Laughing Laughing

http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-series-1-600mm-solid-catadioptric-f-8-lens-the-lens-t34867.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
What are your impressions of the 600mm...was it worth the money to you?

An emphatic YES!! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
mo wrote:

An emphatic YES!! LOL

The main reason for any purchase!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
mo wrote:

An emphatic YES!! LOL

The main reason for any purchase!

Not just the pleasure of owning one but the pleasure of using it to produce photos that might please someone else.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Scheimpflug wrote:
Here's my Vivitar 500/5.6 for reference... a 600mm prime would be even bigger. Many are so big that they have built-in handles. Shocked

@Scheimpflug, I am fascinated by the mat on your table! Are those exotic hardwood pieces or stones?

Neither! Very Happy

The table mat is made from a bunch of stained wood tiles with string woven through them to hold them together. I couldn't tell you what kind of wood it is, but they sell these at the local discount store for like NZ $30, so I'm pretty sure it is nothing exotic. Wink They come in several colors as well! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Actually the Bigma I own and shoot is easier to get a steady photo hand held than this mirror lens. Or at least it seems that way to me. Though this lens is much shorter it seems as if there is more image movement than the Bigma.

Hey BD, well the images you're showing sure look pretty nice to me, compared to what I was able to produce with my old Sigma 600 back in the day. As to your above comment, I suspect that the reason why your 600 seems to feel a bit more "jittery" than your Bigma is because of weight differences. A heavy lens tends to dampen the jitters, whereas a lighter lens will transmit them. One reason why I've never been particularly opposed to heavier camera rigs compared to lighter ones -- I've always felt the extra weight helps to dampen down the extraneous vibes somewhat. Up to the point where fatigue begins to set in because of all the extra weight and then tremors start happening -- then all bets are off! Cool