Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stolen spotting scope
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Stolen spotting scope Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm not a camera guru how ever I do take take photos form time to time with a digital camera and I won't mention it as I will get laughed out of this forum....

I had bought a Pentax spotting scope quite a few years ago and use it at the target range when doing my own kind of shooting as I'm kind of a gun entusiast. I recently moved and in doing so I had unpacked boxes in one of the rooms of the house and somebody had stole this item during the intrim.

I'm not sure if the one mentioned by Vilpertti MF list "pentax Spotting Scope 300/5.6 (3502176) T2" is like the one I had I just know it was a 300mm, all black with a sunshade that you could reverse for compact storage w/ pentax logo on the side, it also had a ring on the unit with a knurled locking knob so you can look through it at various angles. Pentax also came out with a rubber armored unit that was more or less the same thing and shared a simular tripod, eyepieces and case.

I've been asking around at the local pawn shops and they said the only thing I could do was to file a police report. They told me to give the police the best discription of the item and they could look around for it in their storage or report to them when it shows up.

I don't know if the pawn shop will cooperate they all seem like sleazy crooks you know kinda like the fox guarding the hen house..Lol

Can you help me by posting an assembled picture of the aforementioned scope, so I'd have an accurate discription to show the police.

I have searched the web for this item and found only one picture, but it didn't help as it was in its case. I really would appriciate if you could do this for me as time is of the essence....

THANKS'
Nick45

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me google that for you. About the third entry down.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/51173-pentax-cat-lenses.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks farside a picture izzzz......worth a thousand if there were any doubt.

Not only that there was a 300mm but also a bonus 500mm to boot. Thanks again I didd't realize these leneses were so highly regarded until it clicked in my head that I remember at one piont that the sales man metioned that with a camera adapter ring it can be attached to a camera.... That was almost 20 yrs ago when he said that.

Now I just hope they can find it and as for the punk that took it will get his sticky fingers chopped off...LOL just kidding Laughing

Thanks!!!
Nick45

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get it back eventually. Chances are it was sold in a bar for crack money or similar.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks!

I hope you get the lens back in good condition!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Stolen spotting scope Reply with quote

Boy! do I feel like an ass... I was doing more unpacking and to my surprise I found the scope packed neatley in my luggage probably to protect it from dammage. I'm so glad I did"nt accuse the person I suspected. I guess I kinda jump the gun. Well no harm done.

I appreciate your help farside for the google and pics.

Thanks
Nick45

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least suspicions didn't lead to a war between nations... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Stolen spotting scope Reply with quote

Nick45 wrote:
I was doing more unpacking and to my surprise I found the scope packed neatley in my luggage probably to protect it from dammage.

You know what this means, right?

Now that you have found it, you have to take a few pictures of it, and give us a review of how well it works. Cool