Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron f5.6/300mm samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Tamron f5.6/300mm samples Reply with quote

I have just got this lens (given to me of course, since I have already bought my last lens Smile) and was wondering which version it is? Various threads mention various versions. Looking at the back of this one, I assume it has a Fujica Adaptall mount fitted, so it's one of the adaptall ones (not SP Sad). I am not familiar with this mount, so can someone tell me what variety?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be adaptall 1 version. I saw the same one few months ago in one shop here in Prague. I have one in common black version.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like L glass. Paint a red ring around it and you're away! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an early Adaptall, I agree

Its so early that the lens itself is actually the Adaptamatic version, with cosmetic modifications and the Adaptall mount system added.

Other members have also found a few of these in-between models.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Looks like L glass. Paint a red ring around it and you're away! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Smile I've always wanted an "L" series lens Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Its an early Adaptall, I agree

Its so early that the lens itself is actually the Adaptamatic version, with cosmetic modifications and the Adaptall mount system added.

Other members have also found a few of these in-between models.

So, if I want to fit it to a Canon 5D, which adapter will I need do you think? The Fujica one is an M42, but with an aperture tell-tale tongue which projects rearwards. I could "operate" on this adapter and remove the tell-tale, but don't want to if it means destroying something useful. I might be able to sell it on and recoop some of the cost of the lens.

Will an Adaptall2/EOS adapter be OK to mount this lens do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking lens! I have the 200/3.5 version Smile

The Fujica M42 mount should be OK to use, I found it gorged a nice ring in my M42 adapter Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether the ebay EOS Adaptall mounts work on early Adaptalls, they probably do, but since I have no early Adaptalls nor an EOS I can't say.

What would most probably work is an M42-EOS adapter. Your lens is already M42. The Fujica version is only different because it has an aperture linkage. If the aperture linkage gets in the way of the flange, maybe you can just grind it down.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Nice looking lens! I have the 200/3.5 version Smile

The Fujica M42 mount should be OK to use, I found it gorged a nice ring in my M42 adapter Laughing

Smile I thought it would be silver plastic, but it's silver anodised aluminium. A few very light scratches is all. Optics are perfect. Sexy!

Yes, I managed to get the sample shots by putting a spacer between my M42-EOS adapter and the back of the lens. Need to adjust its thickness so that the aperture tell-tale still moves without gouging the adapter, but I can also get infinity focus. It's gonna be close Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron f5.6/300mm samples Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
I have just got this lens (given to me of course, since I have already bought my last lens Smile) and was wondering which version it is? Various threads mention various versions. Looking at the back of this one, I assume it has a Fujica Adaptall mount fitted, so it's one of the adaptall ones (not SP Sad). I am not familiar with this mount, so can someone tell me what variety?

I did a bunch of Tamron research when I was trying to trace the origins of my Aetna Rokunar 300/5.6. I have a quick overview of the different versions of the 300/5.6 with photos and links posted here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/aetna-rokunar-300mm-f5-6-t28645,start,15.html#1037060

Yours is definitely the best looking of the set. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo great looking lens !
I have the plain vanilla 300/5.6 SP
Very good lens
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron f5.6/300mm samples Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:

I did a bunch of Tamron research when I was trying to trace the origins of my Aetna Rokunar 300/5.6. I have a quick overview of the different versions of the 300/5.6 with photos and links posted here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/aetna-rokunar-300mm-f5-6-t28645,start,15.html#1037060

Yours is definitely the best looking of the set. Cool

Hiya, thanks for the link. Very informative. I'll take a stroll through the other sites mentioned. Looks like the early 60's version then. Nice sunny morning, I might take it our for a spin.

Yes, nice looker isn't? Being used to the "normal" black, I'm not sure it's my favourite, although this is quite strange, because I LOVE the older, all aluminium, lenses.