Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil München Tele-Quinar 135/3.5, Silver, M39 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Steinheil München Tele-Quinar 135/3.5, Silver, M39 mount Reply with quote

Has anyone ever heard of this lens?

It is a Steinheil München Tele-Quinar 135mm f3.5, in a silver finish, and with a M39 mount (presumably for the Braun Paxette rangefinder). It came in a brown leather "Braun Nurnberg" case, with a bakelite screw-on rear cap and a plastic slip-on front cap, both marked "Steinheil München".

Searching with Google, I haven't found a single result with this lens, or even a reference to it. Shocked It is not listed in the M39 lens list on Camerapedia either. http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/M39#Steinheil
I find a number of references for the silver Auto-Tele-Quinar 135/3.5 in Exakta mount, or the black Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135/3.5 in M42 mount, and a number of varieties of the 135/2.8, but nothing for this particular combination.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in "A Lens Collector's Vade Mecum", sorry Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking.

Yes, even searching for aftermarket Braun lenses I can't find any references. Neutral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Univer he has a great collection and knowledge of older lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens since 1975 in its brown case. I forget how I came across it and I have never used it because I have nikon equipment. The glass is perfect but the moving metal chassis needs tightening. The top for the case was a circular piece of leather, glued to the case top but now missing. The screw thread size (39mm?) did fit my old enlarger and I believe will fit older leica cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Scheimpflug, I dont see you around here for a long time. We miss you Wink

I have this lens. beautiful silver/chrome finish, and compact. good combo in mirrorless. It has MFD 3m.
Like Scheimpflug said, I think it's Braun Paxete lens mount. not LTM rangefinder. In my Sony NEX, I use adapter LTM-NEX plus extension tube (the thinnest one) the double adapter itself is thinner than EOS-NEX adapter.
sample
wide open

f4 infinity,, actually wideopen at infinity is sharp, but speed was more than 1/4000, limit of NEX5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Scheimpflug, recently I developed some interest in Steinheil, after I bought a Culminar 2.8/85mm for Leica. The Tele-Quinar 3.5/135 was indeed produced for Braun camera's, and in a variant also for SLR camera's with M42 screw and also for Exa/Exakta. If you like I can try to check the serial number to see in which year yours was produced.
Lex

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love one of these - don't suppose it's for sale Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread, but FWIW this version of the lens is listed in Kadlubek's catalogue so not totally unheard of.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've certainly seen a couple on eBay before. I'll have to keep an eye out!

Thanks
ped

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Steinheil Munchen Auto D Tele-Quinar f2.8 135mm Reply with quote

Laurie wrote:
hi, I just joined this forum tonight, I'm quite new to manual lenses, and after reading about lenses on this forum and admiring lots of the photos I saw here, I got this lens. When I bought it, the photo wasn't very clear and I thought it was an M42 mount... is this an Exacta mount on the telextender attached to the lens? It's the same as the lens mount. I use Canon 40D's and want to know the best adapter to get to use this lens on the 40D. Thanks for any info provided!

Welcome to the forum,your first post can not contain links or images (anti spam measure) I am not sure this is the best place to ask your question.See how you go with any answers if not I can move it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen this thread about eos cameras and adapters
http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-eos-and-manual-focus-lenses-t3361.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Steinheil Munchen Auto D Tele-Quinar f2.8 135mm Reply with quote

hi, for some reason my lens images aren't showing up, I uploaded and they show in the preview... anyway, I'm going to keep trying...

I just joined this forum tonight, and although I'm new to manual lenses, after reading about 135mm lenses and admiring lots of the photos I saw here, this is one of the lenses I recently acquired. When I bought it, I thought it was an M42 mount... is this an Exacta mount? I use Canon 40D and want to know the best adapter to get to use with this lens. I've really been enjoying reading posts and looking at photos here, I appreciate the mega volumes of knowledge I found here as well. Thanks for any info provided!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: thanks Mo! Reply with quote

Thank you Mo, for helping me out as I fumble my way around... I posted it here because the thread was about the lens I have, and I thought one of the ones who posted here might know... Actually I think I was lost... one of the threads I was on just as I was writing my post has a person with a Canon 40D who uses this lens.

Thanks very much!

Last edited by Laurie on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Have you seen this thread about eos cameras and adapters
http://forum.mflenses.com/canon-eos-and-manual-focus-lenses-t3361.html

No but I'm going to go there now, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one!