Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 500mm f5,6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Soligor 500mm f5,0 Update Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
Quote:
Can you post a picture of the front of the lens so we see the inscription?

Sorry for taking so much time into account, but now the deal is closed and I am the new owner of this incredible lens. As promised, here are the pictures as requested. By the way, the lens weighs 4.219g or 9lb 4 3/4oz.(Without the camera mounted onto it!!!) Cool Cool Cool

[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW !!!!

What can I say in front of them???

Send one free to me, please. Laughing Laughing

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Impressive lens mounted!I wonder if this lens was marketed only by Soligor GMB of Germany,rather then it's parent company AIC(Soligor).Why I say this is because I've only seen this lens being sold in Germany.It would be nice to see some pics made by the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
Quote:
Wow! Impressive lens mounted!.......

Well it might ge a very difficult task in gaining some information about this lens. This is the information that was passed on to me via telephone.
Soligor in Germany have got no records available. Infact the entire Lens-division and the records, have been outsourced/ or sold to a "Service-company" in germany. As soon as I know more, I'll inform you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do you like it and how does it handle?

...and have you made some test shots at a near(10-15 meters or it's closest shooting distance) and medium(100 meters) and far (six to eight kilometers) target throughout the stops to see how it performs?

I have a near target of a fence milled wood post I use with various lenses and a far target of another milled wood post.I shoot the exact same spot all the time to compare lenses to match the exact same section of grain of the wood in comparison to the resolution of images made by other lenses.I use a shot of about six kilometers across the sound of the same building,if the weather is moderate and clear.

This helps to find the sweet spots on the lenses.Having tested quite a few long lenses that have passed through here.Lenses that are quite sharp at the near target are usually quite sharp at a 100 meters and much further.But there are lenses that aren't as sharp far out as they are near.Then there are other lenses that surprise you and don't do well near,but hold their own on distance shots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor 500mm f5,0 Update Reply with quote

Rokkor'67 wrote:
By the way, the lens weighs 4.219g or 9lb 4 3/4oz.(Without the camera mounted onto it!!!) Cool Cool Cool

Dang! That lens must have some serious glass inside! The S-M-C 4.5/500 is bigger and only weighs 3.5Kg (7.7lb).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
Quote:
...and have you made some test shots at a.........

Sorry I didnt have any time for it yet. Currently the weather is very cloudy with a bit of haze in the air. We'll have to wait until spring returns. Thankyou for the advice on how you test your lenses. I'll bear that in mind. The only snapshot I can offer you is the one down below. The circumstances were not ideal. I didnt have the proper adaptor so I combined the T2 for Minolta MD + the Nikon lensadaptor for Min.MD. Secondly the signboard must have been app 150m away and no tripod was used. Not really ideal for evaluation! ISO 800.

By the way....I liked your slideshow Very Happy I thought I had too much Photoequipment. Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You hand-held for that distance...you have a very steady hand.Hope the weather improves for you and have an enjoyable weekend.

BTW...I don't let my wife in my library or camera shop....I wouldn't want her to know how much camera equipment I have.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
Quote:
BTW...I don't let my wife in my library or camera shop...

.........I think we share the same BIG secret!!! Wink
Like all hobbys; at the beginning I had virtually nothing. Fortunately the prices for MF lenses have dropped considerabely! Good for the enthusiast, bad for the seller Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp wrote:
BTW...Mike has a bad habit....his Konica collection

Pancolart wrote:
Jesus where can i find emoticon for jaws dropped 15cm Smile?

Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That is so funny...the best Jaw drop ever!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Should really show this thread to my friend the next time she says that i have too much photographic gear ...

Cheers

Same here ... my girlfriend will accept my small collection then ... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are thinking wrong I believe. Your girlfriend will see the extend the queer hobby can get after some time. The risk of that development might form a severe discourage!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's another possibility ....
hmmm ... maybe I'll not take the risk of showing ... Rolling Eyes