Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax P50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Pentax P50 Reply with quote

Hello,

I noticed that in the last year and even more lately the Pentax manual body prices have increased. Here is an example of that:
CLiCK
Mostly the K (all I think) and M series (MX and ME Super), and the Super Program from the A series.
These are higher at the same level as Nikon FE/FM and I saw that Pentax LX's price is pretty high comparing it with Nikon's F3 body.
I won't talk about the lenses (genuine, SMC glass) which are already expensive (the A versions even more).
This was the reason for which I decided to by a P series Pentax. So I bid and won for about ~24 GBP (shipping included) a Pentax P50 + SMC Pentax-M f:2.0/50 combo (the same lens from the link above). Hope the trip won't be too long due to the royal postal worker's strike. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7027142.stm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Today have arrived !!! In very good shape, with new battery. I like it very much. I can use on it every K Pentax lens, together with AF lenses too: my FA, my F and even my Pentax-DA 18-55 kit lens. The last one only in P (program) mode and of courde with hard vignetig from 18 till 30 mm. The P50 looks very small and is lighter than the Porst. It was ~25 GBP together with a SMC Pentax-M 2.0/50 lens, a HOYA UV filter (I think is stuck on it-hope I'll manage to take it off) and a Pentax strap (and of course shipping included Smile ).
Yesterday arrived my first Flektogon ever and after a few tests I like it very much already. Its the 2.4/35mm Flektogon. This one was 22.5 GBP in pretty good shape but without caps.
The P50 Smile

Pentax P50 vs. Porst Reflex TL with the Flektogon

One happy family Smile (The Zenit is a bit ill; it does not focus properly)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Flek 2.4/35 for only 22,5 pounds is an incredible bargain!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Cosmin!

Enjoy them!, I like to see those happy families growing up!!

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Since I bought the Petri GX-1 , I didn't use the P50. But I have a problem with it. It seems to have a shutter lag (~0.5-1 sec.) and that its not constant. Thats weird. Could be the contacts ? Could be the electronics ? Is there a dismantle manual for this camera (Pentax P50 / P5) or for the Pentax P30, P3 (& P30n/t) ?
Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cosmin
Great bargain! 22.5 GBP for the flek 35 2.4
enjoy your new cam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmin, there's a service manual for the P30 here:
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/servicemanuals.htm
Note you have to enter a password: Pentax

I wish you luck. I'm pretty sure this camera has an electronically-timed shutter, but it might just need cleaning or lubricating.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a P50 in a lot with the kit lens (Takumar-A 28~80) and some Tamy; Now it is fitted with the SMC 40/2.8 pancake but I still have this problem : half press shutter release works mostly never. Annoying as you cannot see the speed until you shot the frame.

I hope it's easy to repair with some electric contact cleaner.

Anyway, it's a very nice camera, mostly metal made, it looks like just a redesign of MX camera because it can use the same winder; P30 bodies are plastics and must weight a lot less Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was very young, the P30 was my dream camera. P50 must be even better Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shutter release problem fixed ! Some dust was preventing it to work at half presure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top cover of Pentax P50 removed :

Shot with EOS 5D & Flektogon 35/2.4 MC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Shutter release problem fixed ! Some dust was preventing it to work at half presure.

This is an old thread now, but thanks for letting us know what was causing the problem. Cool

For anyone who finds this in a search, I have posted a full How-To guide with photos detailing how to disassemble the P50 and clean the shutter button contact:
http://forum.mflenses.com/how-to-pentax-p50-shutter-button-repair-guide-t31702.html