Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

M9 panorama test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: M9 panorama test Reply with quote

This is a quick test I made this early morning, to make a stitched panorama using the M9 hand held in 3 composite shots with the Biogon 2/35.
The panorama was created, quite fast, and I think also reasonably well, by Photoshop CS5.
I am now a bit sorry that I shot almost wide open, because the definition at the edges suffers a bit, I wished I used f/5.6 or f/8.
But I have to say that aside from that, I am very happy with the overall result, the image has colours that I love and a "breath" that I like, and that I don't always find in the images made with the EOS reflex.
The little empties left after stitching were filled using the new "content aware" fill tool. I have to say that it works pretty well. Of course it's not perfectly seamless, and if you zoom in at 100% you can see where it happens, but surely it represents a very good starting base to apply further perfectioning with more precise tools. I didn't perfect here though, was too lazy for that, Laughing

Here's a small version:

If you like to see the original at 100% (huge!), click on the link here:
http://www.oriofoto.net/temp/m9panotest/stitch.htm

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

Is there variation on the point of focus. The trees in the middle look different?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful color rendition and nice view.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Very nice!

Is there variation on the point of focus. The trees in the middle look different?

No, the focus was fixed. Maybe the photomerge software did it.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: M9 panorama test Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The panorama was created, quite fast, and I think also reasonably well, by Photoshop CS5.

It did OK... there's a big strip down the center (about at the peak of the hill in the background) that is duplicated, so it didn't quite get them merged right... or possibly it didn't correct for the field of view or other lens parameters well enough.

It looks like a great scene though! Might be worth running your shots through some "real" stitching software to see what you can get. Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great panorama, colors are awesome, my eyes are happy although I checked the image at my laptop screen.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice with a lot of detail.

The small picture doesn't even start to do justice to what available in the large version. Looking at the small version you have no idea what a nice picture it is.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: M9 panorama test Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:

It did OK... there's a big strip down the center (about at the peak of the hill in the background) that is duplicated, so it didn't quite get them merged right...

wow, you have really an eagle's eye! I did not notice it. Yes, now that you pointed to it, it is quite evident, and it goes down on the hill quite a bit.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Really nice with a lot of detail.

The small picture doesn't even start to do justice to what available in the large version. Looking at the small version you have no idea what a nice picture it is.

Thanks Ron. Yes, the result at full size is quite good for detail. I am not 100% happy because I realized that Photoshop merger has sharpened the picture after the merge. It was the first time that I used the tool and I did not know about this aspect. If I knew, I would have zeroed the sharpening default of Lightroom prior exporting. Now, it is too much. Oh well, something learned for next time Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
Beautiful color rendition and nice view.

+1 Very nice!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Orio, it's a very nice panorama!
Glad to see the Biogon 2/35, how do you like it? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like looking out the window.
The picture is breathing Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colors, nice place! Just to mention, I tried several stitching softwares, and AutoStitch, discovered in the panorama stitching tutorial on this forum, works greatly Smile