Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch|Quick search    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Rss feed   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5D Mark II lens compatibility chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index -> Digital SLR Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Univer

Level 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Many thanks to all the contributors for creating this extraordinarily helpful thread.

I'm just about ready to make the full-frame jump, so the 5DMkII compatibility issues are now a matter of immediate concern for me.

I do have a question about the relationship between the "Possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode?" column (Column C) and the "Possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity?" column (Column E). I have the feeling I'm misreading these headings, because I'm not sure I understand how it's possible for a lens to be a "YES" in Column C, with focus racked all the way back, and a "NO" in Column E, with the lens focused further forward (examples, per the spreadsheet, include the S-M-C Takumar 24/3.5 as well as the Meyer Primagon 35/4.5 and Primopan 58/1.9).

Do these lenses really work at infinity but not at closer settings? Or am I not properly understanding the column headings?

Thanks for being patient with a full-frame novice!

Cheers,

Jon
fuyun1965

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Pretty obvious what is sticking out.

Anyway i wouldn't bet on 1:2.8 version. Most samples i saw work on 70% abilities due to at least one foggy element inside (condensation).

Hi, Dear Pancolart,
I have a lens same as yours, but mirror hit on 5D2. I am using a BIG IS with chip adapter.
I have a CZJ Pancolor 1.8/50, also mirror hit on 5D2. So sad.
What will you suggest me to do?
Thanks!
Pancolart

Level 4

Expire: 2013-11-18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a workshop with grinding machine that also strongly vacuum sucks dust and parts. Protect parts as much as you can. Grind the perturbing part. Clean any possible residues after grinding (focusing will get stuck if metal dust gets into system). Let the PRO do it for you. It will take him 10 minutes for both lenses if you prepare everything for him. That shouldn't be expensive.

Paint wounded part matte black on the end.
fuyun1965

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Find a workshop with grinding machine that also strongly vacuum sucks dust and parts. Protect parts as much as you can. Grind the perturbing part. Clean any possible residues after grinding (focusing will get stuck if metal dust gets into system). Let the PRO do it for you. It will take him 10 minutes for both lenses if you prepare everything for him. That shouldn't be expensive.

Paint wounded part matte black on the end.

Hi, Pancolart,
Thanks for your suggestion. By the way, it seams that you no need to do grinding. Right?
Pancolart

Level 4

Expire: 2013-11-18

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't check anymore since lens was sold. Anyway you couldn't take my word for granted due to models variation and different infinity adjustments.
macusek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: pentacon Reply with quote

Hi,

I have Pentacon MC Auto 50/1.8 and i don't know what to do. Do u know ? is it working with 5dmkII ? / sorry for english i;m from abroad ;P

It seems to work for me but i am little confusion about it, i don't want to broke my mirror.

Distance beetwen mirror and bagnet in 5d2 is about 1,5mm imo, do u confirm this ? and distanace between back side of lens when its in infinity and when its hidden it about 0,7 mm. Also i don't hear any noise while taking a picture beyond a natural sound of shutter.

any help ? : )
metallaro1980

Level 2

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have done a db in mysql and i'm putting this values ...
my db also works with differents cameras
and for any lens you can also insert web-site links with tag for other informations!

FUELED BY 5DII+ZEISS
Olympus OM: ZUIKO MC AUTO-W 2.8/28
Contax/Yashica: Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/50 AEJ, Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1.7/50 AEJ, Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 2.8/135 MMJ, Yashica ML 2.8/135
Rollei QBM: Rollei HFT Planar 1.8/50, Rolleinar MC 2.8/135, Voigtlander Color-Skoparex 2.8/28
M42: Carl Zeiss Jena DDR MC auto Flektogon 2.4/35, Helios 44M-2 2/58, Helios 44M-4 2/58, Helios 44M-7 MC 2/58, Meyer-Optik Orestor 2.8/100, Jupiter-37A 3.5/135 Olympic, Jupiter-21M 4/200
Canon EF/EF-S: Canon EF-S 18/55 II, Canon EF 1.8/50 II, Canon EF 70-210 3.5-4.5 USM,Canon EF 2/100
Leica-R: Leitz Apo Telyt-R 3.4/180
Light Meter: Gossen Lunasix 3 + Tele Attachment
Media Storage Devices: X's drive 60GB, CF Kingstom 8GB 266X
-> My Flickr (Pro) <-

http://andreaverdi.altervista.org/ Vivaldi lives in my lenses....
namtot

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a 5dmkii and have a question, for lenses that do hit the mirror, or block the mirror, in normal shooting mode through the view finder, is it safe to just put the camera in live view and then mount the lens, and then would you have focus to infinity and avoid hitting the mirror? The main lens I am concerned with is a SMC tak 50, I just don't want to take any chances with my new camera.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimalsOnMars?feature=mhee
poilu

Level 4

Expire: 2015-08-29

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome namtot
it is normal to be careful with your new 5DII
after 1 year, I took the dremel and cut the mirror Smile

namtot wrote:
I just picked up a 5dmkii and have a question, for lenses that do hit the mirror, or block the mirror, in normal shooting mode through the view finder, is it safe to just put the camera in live view and then mount the lens, and then would you have focus to infinity and avoid hitting the mirror? The main lens I am concerned with is a SMC tak 50, I just don't want to take any chances with my new camera.

namtot

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I was reading about that, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far lol..

Also, does anyone know of a Nikon adapter that is precisely machined and wont go past infinity? I have been looking at the cinevate one that b&h carries, but wouldn't mind suggestions, I'm sure a lot of people here have experience with adapters and the various makers of them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnimalsOnMars?feature=mhee
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello guys. well at first i have to say this is just an superb awesome forum and this thread is a savior Smile

ok well, i have also a new mk2, yesterday just tested one lens and it hits mirror also.. :/ was so afraid to do it. was googling alot to find out how to safely check if lens hits mirror or not, but i couldnt, so i just checked.. still feeling bad cuz of that, though nothing happened.

anyway, in excel i saw Soligor 28mm f2.8 doesnt hit the mirror, but well it does. maybe in excel other maker or such, not sure.

full name of lens - Auto Soligor 28mm, f2.8. when you set focus just a little bit from infinity its ok, it doesnt reach mirror. it needs sooo minimum space between mirror and end of lens and it would be good. anyway, im sad because of that, now ill need to find another lens (wide angle, for landscapes) which is truly ok with mk2. if anyone knows a really good option, which will work 100%, please do tell me. Smile
OPAL

Level 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Canon 5DMkII mirror shortend Reply with quote

I had to get the mirror of my 5DII shortend for the following Contax/Zeiss lenses, with some minor changes on the rear end of the lenses:

1. Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/15mm
2. Zeiss Distagon T* 4.0/18mm
3. Zeiss Distagon T* 2.0/28mm
4. Zeiss Tessar T* 2.8/45mm
5. Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/50mm
6. Mutar II T*

My Camera/Lens repair service firm, did really a perfect job on the camera body mirror, and the above mentioned glasses, so I can still use them on my Contax RTSIII and Contax AX cameras!
ManualFocus-G

Level 4

Expire: 2014-11-24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that I've had no issues with either AE or MM Contax Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 lenses, they shouldn't need modification for use on full frame.

Shooting things: Canon EOS 6D, Fuji X-E1 and Olympus E-PL5 with Carl Zeiss T*

See my Flickr photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/manualfocus-g and my blog at http://backtothefuturephotography.wordpress.com/
RSalles

Level 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Mir 1B and Takumar SMC Macro 50mm f4.0 Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I shipped today the Canon 7D and bought a 5DMKII. Canon aficionados are turning crazy to have the MKIII and now it's time to get out and shop the old and nice MKII, as prices had droped.

I readed the hole thread and didn't find any information about these lenses:

Mir 1B 35mm/f2.8 and and Takumar SMC Macro 50mm f4.0

I'm waiting Mir1b to arrive from Latvia and i'm thinking about to get a the Tak macro 50/f4, just keeping an eye on ebay to check prices. Two lenses the catch my attention too are the Jupiter9 85/f2 and the Takumar 85/1.9

I like to use sometimes several Pentacon i have around here:
50/1.8 M42, 50/1.8 PB, 135/2.8 PB and 200/f4 PB.

Any known issues with MKII with theses lenses and mirror clearance?

Thanks for all and let's keep this thread alive!

Also, thanks to Atilla to help me in private at ebay with some issues with a big_is PB-EOS adapters,

Cheers,

Renato
hoanpham

Level 3

Expire: 2015-01-18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the speadsheet with Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 4/25 M42 Zebra.

Mirror sticks at infinity. Close/mid range ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Manual Focus Lenses Forum Index -> Digital SLR Cameras All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: