Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5D Mark II lens compatibility chart
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any manuals on how and what to saw of, i realy want to keep this lens? i saw som footage taken with the same type of lens and it is beutyfull.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty obvious what is sticking out.

Anyway i wouldn't bet on 1:2.8 version. Most samples i saw work on 70% abilities due to at least one foggy element inside (condensation).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty dangerous affair, that edge is pretty close to the lense. thanks for everything pancolart. I am getting the lense by mail next week, than I have to se if i have the nerves Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricoh Rikenon XR 50mm f2. Won't work.

But after using pliers and cutting all extra plastic and metal off, it works fine. I believe that 135/2,8 works after that little tune too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Rikenon XR 135/2,8 needed that little tune also and now it works just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the Jupiter 9 be compatible with the 5d2? I like the 85mm focal length compared to the 50mm and wanted to try out the Jupiter for its affordable price.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomioka Auto Revuenon 55mm f/1.2, M42 lens

- Can be physically mounted on the camera? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? YES
- Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin: $8 aluminum adapter from local auction site, no idea of the origin

Testing the compatibility was scary - what I did is set the camera to live view so mirror is locked up, focused to infinity, and released the mirror. Figured it'd be better if the plastics of the mirror hit the lens, rather than the glass. I think the distance between the mirror and the rear element with the lens are tiny, but enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
the link on page 1 does not seem to work.
Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeiEizh wrote:
Yes, Rikenon XR 135/2,8 needed that little tune also and now it works just fine.

Rikenon XR 28 same thing.

Revuenon 200/4 with cheap ebay af-confirm adapter->no problems at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gargamel wrote:
Hello
the link on page 1 does not seem to work.
Thank you in advance

Hello,
if anybody has saved the file from page 1, would he/she be kind to contact(pm) me asap?
Many thanks in advance.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cannot access!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallaro1980 wrote:
i cannot access!

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
metallaro1980 wrote:
i cannot access!

+1

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it seems the spreadsheet is no more available.
When it was, there was quite a mess surely due to a bad sorting operation.
I think the best would be to retrive the original spreadsheet and work on it to sort datas correctly and then put it back on line but without public modification access.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I made the original spread sheet, I didn't know it wasn't accessible any more. I'll take a look at the permissions.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I made it so that anybody with the URL can both see it and edit it. I don't know why the permissions changed??

Anyway, sorry about that!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I sent a PM to Orio I did guess he is owner.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rawhead.
It works again !!! and I've downloaded it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My contribution:

Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50/1.8 M42:

- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode? NO
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? YES
- Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin: Fujinon M42-to-EOS adapter from Calvin83 of MFLenses.

The lens starts locking the mirror when focused at about 5m ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm new here to the forums as well as using MF lenses on my 5D Mark II. I just got my first MF lens & adapter in the mail today and just tested it a few minutes ago and it worked out perfectly. I'm excited to buy more MF lenses in the future and am so thankful/ happy that the members of the forum put the compatibility chart together. I'd been debating about giving MF lenses a try on my 5d Mark II for almost a year now just out of terror that I'd mess up my camera or something, so finding this list/forum was a life saver for me. Anyway sorry for the rant, here's my contribution (I apologize if I messed up the format for the review or if I happen to repeat).

Nikon

Nikkor AI-S 35mm f/2

1) Can be physically mounted on the camera?
Yes

2) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode?
Yes

3) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)?
Yes

4) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? Yes

5) Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin (which seller it comes from)
I used the Fotodiox Pro Nikon to Canon EOS adapter (the one without the AF confirm chip)

Also I apologize if this isn't allowed but does anyone happen to have any affordable recommendations for an 85mm?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nike and welcome.

About 85mm, you can have a look at this topic speaking about the same question on a 5D MkII :
http://forum.mflenses.com/85mm-lens-for-5dii-and-1dseries-which-one-t39828,highlight,%2B85mm.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contribution :

Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa Xenar 50mm f/2.8
Yes
No
3) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)?
Yes
4) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? Yes
5) Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin (which seller it comes from)
Big-IS M42 to Canon EOS adapter with AF confirm chip

Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa Tele-Xenar 135mm f/3.5
Yes
No
Yes
Big-IS M42 to Canon EOS adapter with AF confirm chip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: HELP WITH JUPITER 37A!! Reply with quote

Can someone please help me to know if it's possible to focus the Jupiter 37a to Infinity on my 5d? It doesn't right now with the black M42 to EOS adapter I have but I don't want an adapter with glass in it so is there an adjustment that can be made to make it focus to infinity? Mine focuses to like 25 feet and that's it...Thanks for any help!!
Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your adapter seems to thick, try to get another one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another contribution:

Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 85/2.8 QBM:

- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode? YES
- Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin: QBM-EOS replacement mount from Calvin83 of MFLenses.

Great IQ, contrast and sharpness. These lenses can be found relatively cheap (about 60 euros), so grab them before it's too late ...