Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

28mm halfsize lens for 72 exposures on 135 film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: 28mm halfsize lens for 72 exposures on 135 film Reply with quote

Interesting lens well described by vendor on eBay, for once:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Soviet-WIDE-ANGLE-M39-LENS-INDUSTAR-69-2-8-28-/360272677349?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item53e1ecc9e5

I knew there were such cameras, but had thought they were integral with lens and of the plastic type. Not too bad a price either, for the very flat size.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a half-frame design, and you get vignetting on a full size film area like you would with an APS-C only lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 28mm halfsize lens for 72 exposures on 135 film Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
Interesting lens well described by vendor on eBay, for once:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Soviet-WIDE-ANGLE-M39-LENS-INDUSTAR-69-2-8-28-/360272677349?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item53e1ecc9e5

I knew there were such cameras, but had thought they were integral with lens and of the plastic type. Not too bad a price either, for the very flat size.

This lens is for rangefinders, I don't know if it will work properly on a DSLR.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it can be modified (with a fair amount of metal grinding) to allow it to focus close enough to be used on micro 4/3 cameras... DSLR usage is probably out of the question. Neutral

Looks like a cool lens though! Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a half-frame camera either!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Apparently it can be modified (with a fair amount of metal grinding) to allow it to focus close enough to be used on micro 4/3 cameras... DSLR usage is probably out of the question. Neutral

Looks like a cool lens though! Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a half-frame camera either!

Take a look of this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/wide-short-tele-rf-lens-on-m4-3-t26269.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The I-69 lens is for FED, Zorki and Leica RF's, so its mount is L39 not M39. The L39 lens register is 28.8mm; 4:3 system is 38.58, and other dSLRs are even longer. No infinity focus without surgery, and that Industar doesn't look like it has an extra 10mm of body to cut away. My old Olympus Pen-FT half-frame SLR (register= 28.95mm) could take this I-69 and probably still reach infinity if stopped down a bit. If I still had it. Half-frame L39 RF's? Is anyone here familiar with those?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFYI: Micro 4/3 is 20mm register distance. I'm sure there must be L39 adapters available...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutabot wrote:
JFYI: Micro 4/3 is 20mm register distance. I'm sure there must be L39 adapters available...

I had referred to Camera Mounts Sorted by Register page which says "4/3 System digital -bayonet - 38.58". The 4:3 system Wikipedia entry says, "The Four Thirds lens mount is specified to be a bayonet type with a flange focal distance of 38.67 mm." Is it really 20mm? I must admit to a total lack of 4:3 experience; I only know what I read, if that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micro 4/3 is a bit different mount from 4/3. It is basically a mirorless version of 4/3, thus a shorter register.