Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wide-short tele RF lens on m4/3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Wide-short tele RF lens on m4/3? Reply with quote

I remembered Koji and Andy mentioning that the G 28 have corner smearing on m4/3. I wonder if you guys have tried other wide-short tele RF lens on m4/3? What works and what doesn't? Which ones have corner problems? CV have a bunch of ultra wide from 12mm onwards, do they have problem on m4/3? Any general recommendations of what I should try is very welcomed. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried my G 21 nor 28 on m4/3 yet as I am still debating about trimming the rear lens protector off or not.

I have tried my Contax RF Biogon 21mm with a few shots, and I did not notice the smearing. My Biogon 35mm also fits in the adapter, but I haven't taken any photos with it. We will need some additional test shots to be conclusive.

That's the shortest MF lens I've put on my GF-1. I've also tried the Lumix 7-14mm f4.0 zoom and it's pretty nice for a pretty nice price as well. Will see if others chime in re: CV 15mm or 12mm. I haven't heard anyone putting a Hologon on their GF-1 yet Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my HP page, here> http://www.pbase.com/kkawakami/inbox

Generally speaking, the rear of lens is closer to the sensor the worse
and the bigger the worse too. Very Happy

The bigger means like Canon 50/1.2L and /0.95L all have very large
exit pupils. Of course you can close down for better result, but not fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi alex

well, i know you guys seem to be talking about top quality RF lenses, but i got a little industar 69 28mm/2.8 and i think it worked very well on my olly ep1--no smearing i can see and nice contrast and the rig is so small it easily fits in jacket pocket! hope you dont mind posting samples for you, please feel free to remove them if you dont want them on your thread. the lens cost like $10usd. PLEASE CLICK ON EACH FOR BEST RESOLUTION.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koji, thank you for your info. In addition to the G biogon, have you tried other RF lens on your GF1, like the CV, jupiters, etc? I think the jupiter-12 might not work, but other than that I know very little...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find rbelyell, I like the river shot. Where did you get yours from and what mount does it use?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots rbelyell. I would like to get my hands on one of those later on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys! its a standard m39 extremely cheap lens. the adapter is a narrow ring and the lens itself is a pancake of pancakes. the whole rig is like an inch deep! and about $10usd!

there are some nice, very cheap russian m39 RF lenses includiing something like a jupiter 50/2.0 and a jupiter 35/2.8. all are cheap, plentiful on ebay and very small.