Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zoom Converter ID anyone
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Zoom Converter ID anyone Reply with quote

Hi there,

Can anyone give me a clue as to what camera this belongs to please?

Is it complete do you think, or is there a screw on cap and perhaps another lens element missing from the back? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some 8mm movie camera almost certainly. It would have been made for a specific model. You may want to examine the box markings carefully, it might note it there somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Some 8mm movie camera almost certainly. It would have been made for a specific model. You may want to examine the box markings carefully, it might note it there somewhere.

Aha, an 8mm movie camera. Excellent! Thanks very much for this info.

I have examined the box, but I reckon the big white square on the lid probably held a label stating which camera it was for, and that's been removed.

Anyone else able to narrow it down?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like someone's butchered a tin can and put glass in it Laughing Some seriously old kit you have there Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Looks like someone's butchered a tin can and put glass in it Laughing Some seriously old kit you have there Smile

Yes, the style of the box seems to indicate 60's or even earlier? It looks like it hasn't been used much, although the empty screw thread on the back is worrying. Unless that was how it was mounted?

I'd like to ID it positively so I can describe it properly on ebay Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
It looks like it hasn't been used much, although the empty screw thread on the back is worrying. Unless that was how it was mounted?

Looks like a C-mount. Is it about 1-inch (25mm) in diameter?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:
It looks like it hasn't been used much, although the empty screw thread on the back is worrying. Unless that was how it was mounted?

Looks like a C-mount. Is it about 1-inch (25mm) in diameter?

No, afraid not, too small. Seems to be 16 x 0.5 mm (measured roughly)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:

Ahh, probably a D-mount then (5/8 inches, 15.875mm). Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:

Ahh, probably a D-mount then (5/8 inches, 15.875mm). Wink

Yes, that's possible, but it definitely looks like an 0.5 mm pitch, whereas a D-Mount is 32TPI (0.79mm) pitch. Quite a difference. However, no real way to measure it accurately, so would have to have something to screw it into to be sure.