Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Damn I have bought another lens.. but what is it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Damn I have bought another lens.. but what is it? Reply with quote

Here it is.. I bought it as reports say it has lots of aperture blades and because it looked... interesting!

It's a phot-all 300mm 5.5 that I know.. but what else???

I know, I know, hardly good reasons for burdening myself with another lens that even if I used them one a week would take me nearly three years to test but.... lol

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=6989211

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Didn't look properly, looks like a Sankor to me!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn I have bought another lens.. but what is it? Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:

It looks identical to the Safari 300/5.5 that I looked at, and the Astronar 300/5.5 that mo owns. There are pictures of both in this thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/safari-brand-lenses-t28231.html

I wonder how many other brandings there were? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sankor indeed. The design and the lettering are conclusive I think.

Sankor made close copies of some of the Tokinas, like the very popular 300/5.5. This one may focus closer than the 300/5.5 Tokina though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And remarkably similar to something I'm holding right now (ooer missus Laughing ) which is marked

TELEPHOTO 1:5.5 f=300mm No. H82993 SOLIGOR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief! Smile

An identification AND a Frankie Howerd quote?

That hs made my day... Smile

Doug

tikkathree wrote:
And remarkably similar to something I'm holding right now (ooer missus Laughing ) which is marked

TELEPHOTO 1:5.5 f=300mm No. H82993 SOLIGOR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn I have bought another lens.. but what is it? Reply with quote

Thanks everyone who has responded so far.

I have looked through the links and yes it would appear to be a Sankor, and I await my first results from the K10D and the Panny L1 Smile

We shall see....

Smile

Scheimpflug wrote:
nemesis101 wrote:

It looks identical to the Safari 300/5.5 that I looked at, and the Astronar 300/5.5 that mo owns. There are pictures of both in this thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/safari-brand-lenses-t28231.html

I wonder how many other brandings there were? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can never have enough lenses I say....LOL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, glad you got to the bottom of it. I was looking at that lens just the other day, and decided I should stay away from it. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Damn I have bought another lens.. but what is it? Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
I know, I know, hardly good reasons for burdening myself with another lens that even if I used them one a week would take me nearly three years to test but.... lol

At least you will have plenty of film though, right? Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Damn I have bought another lens.. but what is it? Reply with quote

BEHAVE! lol

I am buying APS on ebay not 35mm... lol

Doug

quote="Scheimpflug"]
nemesis101 wrote:

At least you will have plenty of film though, right? Mr. Green[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you left it for me?

Was that generosity or enabling? lol

Doug

cooltouch wrote:
Well, glad you got to the bottom of it. I was looking at that lens just the other day, and decided I should stay away from it. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see the results. I have the same lens under the Sunset brand. By the way , any lens that the serial number ends in E is Sankor made.
Here's mine.
http://forum.mflenses.com/sunset-300mm-f5-5-t33857,highlight,sunset+lens.html