Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodachrome 64, Pentax MX, various lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Kodachrome 64, Pentax MX, various lenses Reply with quote

Here are four images from a roll which arrived this morning. All taken using my MX.

Benches, Riverside Park, New York. (SMC K 24mm lens)

Grant's Tomb, NYC (SMC K 15mm lens)

Bethesda Fountain, Central Park, NYC (SMC-A 28mm lens, polariser)

Rosehips in my garden. Not sure about the lens, M series 50 or 100mm.

Best wishes, Kris.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, K64 shows its signature color tones! Awesome, especially
Grant's Tomb and the last image!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*

RIP Kodacrome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
*sigh*

RIP Kodacrome

It's not dead yet! There's still time to shoot a few more rolls... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beauty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
*sigh*

RIP Kodacrome

It's not dead yet! There's still time to shoot a few more rolls... Wink

Maybe so, but I don't have any more of it, and can't bring myself to pay the asking price for what little fresh stuff there is left, and don't feel like buying any of the old stuff that's been sitting in the bottom of somebody's freezer for the past couple of decades. $20+ per roll, including processing, is not in my budget.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So good to see Kodachrome!
I love the colours in the last image.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt just the same when they ended production of Kodachrome II. I never liked K64 anywhere near as much.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Did you push the KC64 Reply with quote

How did you expose your KC?

I've heard you should push it by exposing at 80-100 ASA and developing at 64.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's only one place left on Earth -- Dwaynes -- that develops Kodachrome, so you'd have to ask them how they develop it, but I suspect they develop it "by the book."

As for exposure, back in the day when I was shooting several rolls of Kodachrome per week, I always shot my K64 at EI 80. I had read in a couple different publications back then that doing so improved color saturation. And since it also boosted the ISO slightly, to me that was also a good thing, so I always exposed at EI 80. As for results, I certainly had no complaints. As long as I made no mistakes in exposure I always had slides with well-saturated colors.