Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Something new from Leitax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Something new from Leitax Reply with quote

Hey guys,

the people at Leitax came up with something new: They make OM to Nikon and OM to PK conversion mounts now!

http://leitax.com/OlympusOM-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html

What do you think about it? I always wanted to try them out but the leica R lenses where out of my budget mostly!

How good are the Olympus OM lenses? is it worth it? I know that there are some very small lenses out there for OM and some interesting zooms as well.

Would you dare use OM on Nikon or just stick to Ai glas?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very interesting. Zuiko lenses are great. I use 4 with my 5D MkII. The OM-PK conversion is interesting because that will allow me to share the Zuiko lenses between my K-7 and 5D (I'd mount on 5D via PK-EF adapter).

The Zuiko lenses that I have are superb (21/2, 28/2, 50/1.2, 90/2). Good enough that I would be able to get rid of some of my M42 and Pk mount lenses (and in the process, pay for all theses Leitax mounts Laughing).

Only problem is there seems to not be a way to convert two of the four lenses I have (21/2 and 90/2).

Hmmmmm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I converted few Leica R lenses with the Leitax bayonet and it was very very easy.

It seems that with the Zuiko lenses ii is a little bit more complicated due to the spring within the mount.

If it is worth ? It makes only sense for lenses you can´t get similar from Nikon. You have to pay here (Germany) landed cost in the meantime round about 100 Euro for the bayonet (65-70 € the bayonet, 10 € shipping and add. 18 % VAT). Thats a lot of money.

Not sure that a very good Zuiko lens is 100 € cheaper than a Nikon lens.

Wink

Last edited by Rolf on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Only problem is there seems to not be a way to convert two of the four lenses I have (21/2 and 90/2).

You might try emailing them, as they seem to be quite good at bringing new conversions into their lineup. For example, the Zuiko 50/1.8 to Nikon conversion was "in development" just a month ago when I checked, and is now listed in their normal lineup. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it really makes sense, Nikon's manual lenses are at least as good as Olympus', if not more.
The only exception may be in the super wides with the Olympus 21 mm.
But then, given the high prices of the Olympus superwides in the Ebay market, it will make more sense to save money for 2-3 months more and get a new native Nikon mount Distagon 21 which will blow away Olympus' (and everyone else's...) competition.

I think the only case in which this operation makes sense is if someone already has at home the Olympus lenses and for some reason wants to move over a Nikon system.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I think the only case in which this operation makes sense is if someone already has at home the Olympus lenses and for some reason wants to move over a Nikon system.

Not the only way. Again, you can be like me, where a conversion like this will allow you to share the Zuiko lenses between two systems (Canon + Nikon, Canon + Pentax, etc.).

Already owning Zuiko lenses, of course, is key, I agree. It wouldn't make too much sense to buy Zuiko lenses just to convert them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Already owning Zuiko lenses, of course, is key, I agree. It wouldn't make too much sense to buy Zuiko lenses just to convert them.

Rolf wrote:
If it is worth ? It makes only sense for lenses you can´t get similar from Nikon.

Rolf wrote:

Not sure that a very good Zuiko lens is 100 € cheaper than a Nikon lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, leitax stuff is so good and David is kind in communication.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourmix wrote:

Yes !

David is a great seller and very good communication. 100 % recommended .

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
fourmix wrote:

Yes !

David is a great seller and very good communication. 100 % recommended .

Wink

I have no doubt about that but in fact, my first experience with Leitax (and David) is quite less positive Confused ....In fact, I'm waiting since more than two weeks for my Leitax/Nikon mount and I send almost every day a mail to ask when I should expect to receive it (payment is also done more than two weeks ago) but until now, it's unfortunately the big silence Embarassed ......
Even if I know that David is a great seller, I must admit that I find it a little bit strange!!!!
Anyway, I'm afraid I have no other choice to just wait and see Sad ......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pascal, sorry to read this. Thought that you received your mount in the meantime. Maybe one of our spanish member can make telephone call and ask what happened.

BTW Did you enjoy your vacation ?

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hi Pascal, sorry to read this. Thought that you received your mount in the meantime. Maybe one of our spanish member can make telephone call and ask what happened.

Thanks rolf and it will be for sure a great help if a Spanish member could make a call and let me inform!
Rolf wrote:
BTW Did you enjoy your vacation ?
Wink

Of course I did Very Happy ....it's always nice to come back in my little native village and above that, we were very lucky to have a beautiful whether in Bretagne (and it's not always the case, you can believe me Very Happy ).....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OM 21/2 has no equivalent in the Zeiss land, if I am not mistaken. OM lens are also very tiny compared with Nikon or Zeiss, if that's what you value more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the zuikos any good? I have a 50/1.8 downstairs on my old OM10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude163 wrote:
Are the zuikos any good? I have a 50/1.8 downstairs on my old OM10

Definitely! The 50/1.8 should be very sharp, but a Leitax mount will cost 3 to 4 times as much as the lens is worth...

Last edited by AhamB on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I was thinking Smile

Im spoiled for 50mm choices now! pentacon, SM Takumar ,CZJ Smile