Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Would you do you to your baby?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Would you do you to your baby? Reply with quote

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2010/09/diy-make-your-own-mirrorless-brand.html

http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=835265&extra=&page=1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother told me that I disassembled broken things when I was a young child.

Seems - that older children still do this today with functional things. Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
My mother told me that I disassembled broken things when I was a young child.

Seems - that older children still do this today with functional things. Shocked

You are not alone... I started disassembling things when I was 4. At the age of 5 I fixed a car radio (it was a small bug, just some wires were loose and I soldered them).
At the age of 6 I burned down my village (got it for christmas, there were houses and a "power plant" and when you wired em all up, little lights went on the little houses).

Now I only "play" with old cameras, try to make them breathe once more.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removing the mirror only seems to make sense if mirror lock-up is not practical, or if you can realize some other benefits. It could just be for convenience, or it could provide just a bit more clearance that some lenses need.

I think if I was removing the mirror, I would want to do a bit more to "make it worth it". I would also remove the prism, viewfinder, flash (and the flash capacitor), upper housing, etc, and really trim down the camera while I was in there. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely like that idea

the mirror is just obstruction -- nowadays, I can not see too much practical sense to have it -- I am serious.

unless you need to make your camera body stable at slower shutter speeds - then using your face in touch with the camera is helpful

I am using LiveView very very often and I am happy ...

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
I definitely like that idea

the mirror is just obstruction -- nowadays, I can not see too much practical sense to have it -- I am serious.

unless you need to make your camera body stable at slower shutter speeds - then using your face in touch with the camera is helpful

I am using LiveView very very often and I am happy ...

tf

I cant even imagine my life without huge mirrors and bright viewfinders.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusing certain things like live events with liveview proved impossible for me.
For static shots it works, but no way for action shots.
A possible solution could be to route the signal that feeds liveview into an electronic viewfinder.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Focusing certain things like live events with liveview proved impossible for me.
A possible solution could be to route the signal that feeds liveview into an electronic viewfinder.

I also use LiveView for action -- it works quite good.

pre-focusing and than waiting for subject approaching the frame Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
Orio wrote:

I also use LiveView for action -- it works quite good.
pre-focusing and than waiting for subject approaching the frame Smile
tf

It's not always possible to do that.
Sometimes action moves around and you must be ready to refocus. But you can't refocus well with liveview without magnification. And magnification requires that you stop shooting and use at least 5 seconds, often more, to press + two times and refocus.
During which time the action is gone.
Believe me, I have shot a lot of action. The only solution would be to have a liveview viewfinder.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive you, Orio..

I have been shooting two months with LiveView only since I have forgotten to pull out one of two matches when testing the Super-Wide Heliar 15 f4.5 APSH Wink therefore, my mirror is constantly blocked approx. 2 months.

I am shooting all with LiveView but I do not use the magnification feature too much..
there is not too much time Smile as you mentioned

If I miss something - I do not care Smile I am not photographer .. Smile

only bright sunlight is a little (well, quite big:) ) problem to the camera screen when focusing through LiveView

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
I belive you, Orio..

I have been shooting two months with LiveView only since I have forgotten to pull out one of two matches when testing the Super-Wide Heliar 15 f4.5 APSH Wink therefore, my mirror is constantly blocked approx. 2 months.

I am shooting all with LiveView but I do not use the magnification feature too much..
there is not too much time Smile as you mentioned

If I miss something - I do not care Smile I am not photographer .. Smile

only bright sunlight is a little (well, quite big:) ) problem to the camera screen when focusing through LiveView

tf

Don't say so - evidence proves your'e a good photographer!
But still - viewfinder has a few of definite advantages:

1) it is proportionally slightly bigger: you have a bigger view in the viewfinder than what you get from a liveview screen at typical use distance of 30 or so cms

2) viewfinder can be blocked by eyecups from getting sunlight - liveview is almost invisible in some positions

3) most importantly, viewfinder offers focusing aids, like matte screen, microprisms, split screen - liveview is bare bones, and as such, virtually unfocusable at it's size without zooming in (which has the inconvenients described above)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

At some €80, your possible solution exists

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobcominitaly wrote:
Orio wrote:

At some €80, your possible solution exists

deleted, need a second pair of spectacles.

Last edited by Himself on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That solution has some Canon limitations.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed ... but don't we MFF's thrive on limitations Wink ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - tested that some time ago. But got problems - now the camera is working as normal camera again.
But I am still tinking about that modification.

I like to do new modifications Smile

One of my EOS 350D / Rebel XT I have customized with a excangable filter system for IR / normal / Hot Rod / greyfilter / .. use:
http://4photos.de/camera-diy/exchangeable-filter-dslr.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outch, this hurts!

But that:

really looks great, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lots of hobbies!

Here are a few examples and how i got into this:

riding bmx. my first bike.. i build from spare parts to save money.. but mostly cause it was fun! ive build a bunch since.

Video games.

started with playstation.. then a really old performa 550 when i was 7 or 8

ive build 7 full gaming computers, and am constantly upgrading my own!

I play bass, and at first i bought a cheap douglas to learn on. I've rewired and rebuilt that bass into a completely different instrument since then Razz

its only a matter of time until i start taking apart lenses and cameras <.<