Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tudor Color film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Tudor Color film Reply with quote

I saw in local shop and did grab my attention.

I found this article in Google, looks worth to try.

http://lewiscollard.com/cameras/tudor-colour-negative-film/

http://www.tudorphoto.com/tudor-xlx-film

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a cheap film, you can't get any better of a review than that! Cool

How much do they want for them? Are they expired? If the price is right, you should pick up a roll or two and give it a shot! Worst case, you could use them for testing cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the rumour is true and it's re-badged Fuji superia 200 and going cheap e.g. £1, it's worth getting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want some

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some time ago, it was possible to buy triple-pack of fuji superia400 for £3 in my country. so I have a load of it in my fridge:) in my view, superia400 is better film than superia200..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh film cost is here 2 EUR, next time I will pick up one for test.

I talk about latest edition.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local chemist has a shelf full of Kodak Colour Plus 24exp ISO 200 for £1 a roll, and it's dated to Jan 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
some time ago, it was possible to buy triple-pack of fuji superia400 for £3 in my country. so I have a load of it in my fridge:) in my view, superia400 is better film than superia200..

The best deal in the supermarkets, in the UK, ATM is Kodak Ultramax 400asa 36exp for £1.
When you say Fuji superia 400 is better than Fuji Superia 200...what do you mean?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- it´s 1EV more sensitive but doesn´t have larger grain
- it has more nice rendering of colours - bit more saturate, not realistic, but interesting
- even pushed to iso800 brought nice results, having in mind the conditions where I photographed and the way I metered (or better not mettered Laughing ) exposition
- for that price, I couldn´t resist Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
- it´s 1EV more sensitive but doesn´t have larger grain
- it has more nice rendering of colours - bit more saturate, not realistic, but interesting
- even pushed to iso800 brought nice results, having in mind the conditions where I photographed and the way I metered (or better not mettered Laughing ) exposition
- for that price, I couldn´t resist Very Happy

Please show us same pictures taken on this film!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
My local chemist has a shelf full of Kodak Colour Plus 24exp ISO 200 for £1 a roll, and it's dated to Jan 2012.

Colorplus IMHO is inferior to Kodak gold.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

It's been many years since I used film, so when I saw this I thought I'd try it.
I shot slide film mainly, and used Fujichrome or Velvia for prints.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

It's been many years since I used film, so when I saw this I thought I'd try it.
I shot slide film mainly, and used Fujichrome or Velvia for prints.

I was testing out a Nikon AF210 P&S I'd bought for 50p with some colourplus (don't know where I got it from), but I suppose it's OK for a £1:-

Af210 colourplus...damn rangefinder cameras I couldn't see that my finger was in the way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Please show us same pictures taken on this film!
sorry I can´t at this moment as I have no scanner Embarassed only black&white copy machine at work Laughing

as I get to scan it I post some examples Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! Even with finger I think this is damn fine image looks like best slides Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some Tudor 100 on french eBay at less at 30€ the lot of 11 36-rolls, with validity date in 2013: http://cgi.ebay.fr/11-Pellicules-photo-24x36-couleur-film-non-perime-2013-/320664232251?pt=FR_YO_Photo_Pellicules&hash=item4aa913e13b

The ad explicitely mentions it as rebranded Fuji Superia 100. I've bought some (looking for cheap ISO100 anyway, so let's give it a try)... Will keep you posted, if someone finds me answers to my thread on scanning services Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad wrote:
I found some Tudor 100 on french eBay at less at 30€ the lot of 11 36-rolls, with validity date in 2013: http://cgi.ebay.fr/11-Pellicules-photo-24x36-couleur-film-non-perime-2013-/320664232251?pt=FR_YO_Photo_Pellicules&hash=item4aa913e13b

The ad explicitely mentions it as rebranded Fuji Superia 100. I've bought some (looking for cheap ISO100 anyway, so let's give it a try)... Will keep you posted, if someone finds me answers to my thread on scanning services Smile

Buy a used scanner, it will be cheaper than any service in short term.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

But my free time is not free Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
ylyad wrote:

Eventually, I followed your advice Wink and ordered an Epson V330...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/praktina-fx-and-flektogon-35mm-f2-8-tudorcolor-xxl-t38690.html