Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SURVEY: What's your shutter actuations count?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5D1 had 5126 when purchased in 2008; added 12061 since.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks visualopsins...sorry I should know how to use Google by now...DUH! Laughing
Why do we have to use other software to read our camera actuation count?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Thanks visualopsins...sorry I should know how to use Google by now...DUH! Laughing

I'm a member over there too. While looking over new messages I remember your question & used the site search. A good site for you too now you have K200D. Sometimes camera software doesn't show all the EXIF entries. Same with Canon...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I appreciate the extra set of eyes... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After decades of 35mm, with a smattering of 6x7 thrown in when I worked in a photography studio, I finally bought my first DSLR, a Nikon D700, at the end of last December. So, mine's just a baby with only 5,642 actuations. Four months ago, I picked up a barely used D40. It had about 2,200 actuations when I bought it, and it's up to 3,642 now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
Thought this might be an interesting survey. Very Happy

My better half's D40 was purchased used with 4,253 clicks on the shutter. Six months in, it's at 24,460. Shocked

Time flies! I just checked, we're at 40,900 now. Wink

visualopsins wrote:
mo wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
mo wrote:
I just bought a 2nd hand K200d where would I find out how many photos have been taken? Not sure what it would be listed under in the manual. Embarassed

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/93019-checking-activations.html#post947324

Sometimes camera software doesn't show all the EXIF entries. Same with Canon...

Thanks visualopsins. I should have mentioned in my first post... I'm also using PhotoME (http://www.photome.de/) to check the shutter actuations for our Nikon. Wink It's too bad that you can't get to this number from the camera menus, I would think that it would be very useful when buying a camera used...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was buying my 30D a year ago, seller says its about 10k. He lied. It was slightly over 60k. Since then I shot 8208 pics.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first 350D has about 30000 actuations
My other one.... i don't know

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Canon:

The EOSInfo program mentioned earlier, gets my camera's serial number wrong.
How can I trust the displayed actuation count, even if it seems plausible (23k since Dec. '08 ) ?

What a pity Canon software does not give us such interesting information.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive shutter counts here Smile
My canon 500D is still under 2000 shots in almost an year, i really need to find more time to shoot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidus wrote:
When I was buying my 30D a year ago, seller says its about 10k. He lied. It was slightly over 60k. Since then I shot 8208 pics.

Nice people ..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5D ~ 30k
D70 ~ 10k
350D ~ 10k
D700 ~ 15k+
&
M8 ~ 12k+ (after replacement, first one ~ 5k).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Davidus wrote:

Nice people ..

Well, in spite of this, I'm glad to have it. It is my third DSLR and the best for now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about my cameras ...

I did shoot ~ 70 rolls slides, color films in last two years
this is around 1400 expo Smile