Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7r, gamechanger, to be announced Wed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The protruding part of J12 is approx. 21mm and the Russar is approx. 18mm. This means that you still have 7.8mm (J12) and 10.8mm (Russar) space left before you hit the sensor Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another J9, happy girl with hot dog!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the hot dog shot! Laughing

My 24MP a7 is arriving tomorrow Very Happy

Tony - I may buy the FE 35/2.8 in the future but I'm not sure I'll splash out on expensive rf lenses. For me this camera is about full frame in a compact package, allowing me to use old lenses as nature intended in a subtle package Wink

I do have EOS, L39, Konica, OM, C/Y, K, M42 and PB adapters at the ready though Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graham congrats! i cant wait to see what you can do with this! and with your stable of high quality world class lenses, slr or otherwise, i will be glued to my seat in anticipation! just test the $40-100 lenses last, ok? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
graham congrats! i cant wait to see what you can do with this! and with your stable of high quality world class lenses, slr or otherwise, i will be glued to my seat in anticipation! just test the $40-100 lenses last, ok? Laughing

Haha OK! I will absolutely test all my lenses on it (although most have been tested on the 6D already) but I suspect I'll end up mostly using smaller lenses in the long term and sticking to the 6D for the Contax stuff Smile Keen to try the Primoplan 58/1.9 and the PB Flektogon 20/2.8 however Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Loving the hot dog shot! Laughing

My 24MP a7 is arriving tomorrow Very Happy

Tony - I may buy the FE 35/2.8 in the future but I'm not sure I'll splash out on expensive rf lenses. For me this camera is about full frame in a compact package, allowing me to use old lenses as nature intended in a subtle package Wink

I do have EOS, L39, Konica, OM, C/Y, K, M42 and PB adapters at the ready though Laughing

Wow, awesome! Very Happy It is difficult to not like this camera.
An affordable FF mirrorless camera has been a dream for many on this forum?!? It is not a cheap camera, but compared to what was the alternative (Leica M), it is! Laughing

I'm really looking forward to receive the rest of my ordered adapters, to test SLR and medium format lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article here:

http://www.leica-boss.com/2013/11/sony-the-new-leica/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot dog shot has nice depth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hats of Nordentro, the jupiter 9 is spectacular on the camera, really really nice that photo has some real 3d to it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some tests of mine from the weekend with the a7r and some of my thoughts.
http://joshpereraphoto.metalforfishes.com/?p=2267

I was lucky enough that Steve Huff liked it so much he re posted it to his blog and added me as a guest contributor, I was pretty chuffed about that. Smile
Here it is on Steve's site if you would prefer to look there.
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/11/26/my-first-play-with-my-dream-camera-the-sony-a7r-by-josh-perera/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, congrats on the publication
great report, 'dream camera', Josh I fully follow your reasoning, have fun mate Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for taking the time to look Kuuan. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
great report, 'dream camera', Josh I fully follow your reasoning, have fun mate Wink

+1, great article Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for taking the time to look Nordentro. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
kuuan wrote:

+1, great article Wink

+2. Thanks for the review.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded some sample pics of new 28-70 Kit I've made today.

24MP 100% crop, somewhere 40-45mm I guess, F11, sharpening applied.

A few more (better) samples: http://forum.mflenses.com/fun-with-new-sony-fe-28-70-mm-on-a7-t63045.html#1358563

Last edited by ForenSeil on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
kuuan wrote:

+1, great article Wink

+2. Thanks for the review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look. It really does mean the world to me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
The protruding part of J12 is approx. 21mm and the Russar is approx. 18mm. This means that you still have 7.8mm (J12) and 10.8mm (Russar) space left before you hit the sensor Wink

You have to check if the lens hits the shutter too. My Bessar-R cannot use the J-12 because it will hit the shutter!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

You have to check if the lens hits the shutter too. My Bessar-R cannot use the J-12 because it will hit the shutter!

Flange focal distance of Sony E-mount 18 mm, I don't understand how does it works ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Flange focal distance of Sony E-mount 18 mm, I don't understand how does it works ?

Add a little for Leica M39 - E-Mount adapter, so you have add another ~10,55mm to E-Mount Wink
28,8 - ~21mm --> ~7,8mm
7,8mm doesn't sound very safe though
But Nordentro prooved that it works Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:

I am totally agree regarding testing priority Smile
One of the reasons to consider this body is 'hitting mirror issues' on 5d/5dm2, and lenses with shorter distance than canon ef.
Hari should get one to test his glass Smile

and thank you Josh. Great article to read.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Attila wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Add a little for Leica M39 - E-Mount adapter, so you have add another ~10,55mm to E-Mount Wink
28,8 - ~21mm --> ~7,8mm
7,8mm doesn't sound very safe though
But Nordentro prooved that it works Wink

I measured the shutter mechanism too Very Happy The shutter is behind the 6mm "wall" (plastic layer above the sensor), so then you still have 1.8mm or more to go, plenty! Laughing

I haven´t noticed any different sound from shutter or scuff marks on the lens.

You can see the shutter here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFq6ivttdY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
I've uploaded some sample pics of new 28-70 Kit I've made today.

A few more (better) samples: http://forum.mflenses.com/fun-with-new-sony-fe-28-70-mm-on-a7-t63045.html#1358563

Very nice! Details are stunning Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forensail your zoom kit pix are stunning.