Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fun with new Sony FE 28-70 mm on A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Fun with new Sony FE 28-70 mm on A7 Reply with quote

Lens is not bad Smile Especially in the mid-range stopped down it seems to be quite good.
Optically it seems to be much better than 18-55 or 16-50 NEX APS-C Kit and AF speed has become usable to me. Compared also to other DSLR Kit lenses I had and tried I would rate this to be one of the best.
I've bought three ultra cheap studio flashes and one even cheaper black background (less than 200€ alltogether NEW) - very low quality but very nice to have in winter anyway - here are first results Smile

Full series: http://www.flickr.com/photos/54671350@N02/11077314753/in/photostream/
A few also with Summicron-M 50/2 and Samyang 85/1.4

PS: Do need to try new Sonnar 35/2.8 - does anyone here want a like-new ZM Biogon 35/2 for lets say 750€? Wink

Last edited by ForenSeil on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:17 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. Good work. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing cheap from the outcome. Love the 1st photo very much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my_photography wrote:
Love the 1st photo very much.

+1

How did you manage to keep a beagle still? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
my_photography wrote:

+1

Glue... Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, but what is this guy smoking? Very Happy

Have you tried to blow soap bubble with smoke inside? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx guys

Olivier wrote:
Lena wrote:
my_photography wrote:

+1

Glue... Very Happy

I made maybe a hundred shots - beagle was anything but not still; it was a lucky shot
Pictures of flying dogs are much easier with beagles Wink

Nordentro wrote:
Very nice indeed, but what is this guy smoking? Very Happy

Have you tried to blow soap bubble with smoke inside? Wink

Of course only finest tobacco Very Happy

And yes we made some smoke bubble shots but their were not that good
Check full series link in first post Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you've got that set? Congratulations!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice works!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little question:
In the first pic - can you see the dog hairs and wrinkels on the (black black-/) ground? Can you see the ground at all?

On two of my three (all very good reputations) monitors and on the monitor of the Sony A7 I can't see the ground at all or only very barely while my modern 24" Samsung TV pushes the dark areas so that the dirt on the ground is really eye-catching. On the Samsung I can see hundreds of dog hairs and wrinkles on the brackground cloth - very ugly. Is that only my particular monitor or can you see that too?

Unfortunatly I didn't used the Samsung monitor for PP as I didn't know.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
In the first pic - can you see the dog hairs and wrinkels on the (black black-/) ground? Can you see the ground at all?

I can see the background in explorer and poposhop, in firefox I see only the wrinkels in large size version
It is not really eye-catching, your TV probably enhance the shadoes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fun with new Sony FE 28-70 mm on A7 Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:

Uups, I'm very sorry guys! I've just had a look on the EXIF data - second pic was made with another lens than the zoom. I think I've used the Summicron-M 50/2 here Very Happy Unfortuenatly a tad front-focused.

poilu wrote:
ForenSeil wrote:

I can see the background in explorer and poposhop, in firefox I see only the wrinkels in large size version
It is not really eye-catching, your TV probably enhance the shadoes

Thx for feedback! I've just noticed that my TV is not only massivly enhancing shadows, in return it also blows out very bright aready and kills all details there Very Happy
Crap! I hope I can somehow adjust that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb set! A decent kit lens in the right hands Smile Really impressive stuff.