Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K-7 & 85mm f/1.8 SMC Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Pentax K-7 & 85mm f/1.8 SMC Takumar Reply with quote

Some tries with my new K-7 and the 85mm SMC Tak. I performed a slight noise removal in the last two shots, as these came out underexposed and while pushing them the noise came up.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! so beautiful portrait!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent as always! Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic photography!

How is the K-7 with Takumars, focusing and metering?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Very Happy

How does the K-7 perform with screwmount lenses? Well, the SMC 85/1.8 underexposes by 1 stop, unfortunately. This is when using the ground glass screen. But that's about the only con. On the plus side: the standard ground glass screen of the K-7 is much better for MF work than the one in the K20D. Also, Live View is great and it does not have the underexposing problem (as it meters directly from the sensor). And focusing in LV is easy too thanks to the hi-res screen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply fabulous shots, Spotmatic! Shocked The last is amazing in clarity!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shots! And the new K7? Wow!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among the BEST images I've seen on this forum.

Spectacular and compelling images that make me do TWO double-takes.

Exquisitely rendered.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great results. I really envy that K7, I wish Canon can also make these kind of bodies with Pentax's price tags.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resolve to resolve... to not buy any more cameras, or at least no camera over $50 Rolling Eyes for the next 6 month, in order to save up for a k-7. Really, I have enough film cams to keep me busy... Really, I don't need the 120 interchangeable lens cam this year...

Please keep posting these shots, weekly, as my resolve requires the envy! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, thank you very much for the kind words. Of course, I'm just a tool here, the camera and the lens are solely responsible for the results. Wink

Just kidding of course Very Happy But indeed, the K-7 makes focusing so much easier with MF lenses. I also have the feeling that the auto WB is much better. Another thing, and this is not mentioned often on the forums, is that the K-7 has a much shorter shutter lag than any of the Pentax models I've tried before. I.e. the time between tripping the shutter button and the actual picture taking is shorter. Great for people who believe in "the decisive moment" Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, you got the K7, gratulations.

Fantastic shots by the way,

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

only one word : PERFECT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(gobsmacked)

Excellent results, and that K7 can sing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pentax K-7 & 85mm f/1.8 SMC Takumar Reply with quote

I believe you wrote somewhere that the SMC 1.8/85mm Tak underexposes by 1 EV? Is that regardless of body, or specific for some?
just today I received my copy, and while I thought it might have been an impulse purchase too many (which it is), and the FA 1.8/77mm might have been the better option, I'm already loving it for sheer build quality.
But test photos on the K-x came out underexposed by quite a margin, possibly 1 EV. Had to work, so little time to try.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Hi,

only one word : PERFECT

+1
nothing to add