Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New to the forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: New to the forum Reply with quote

My father recently joined this forum, and so I followed him here. (revers)

Thought a quick introduction was in order.

Been shooting digital now for a couple of years, and have a small collection of manual lenses. Most of my collection is Takumars with a couple Tamrons. I started my digital SLR shooting with a Pentax *istD, and have very recently upgraded to the new Pentax K7. Reading through the forum, I notice there are a number of other Pentax users here, so I should feel at home. I've attached a couple samples of my work. I hope you enjoy them.

Takumar 200mm F3.5

Takumar 100mm macro F4

Tamron 500mm F8 mirror.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, strange. Preview shows the pictures, but after viewing the submitted thread, they show as a dead link. Anyone see the pictures?

edit - strange, now them seem to be showing. Oh well. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your photos. Welcom and congrats- shots are very good !Te first one is my favourite

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum looks like a good fit for us Mark. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccs19 wrote:
Hmmm, strange. Preview shows the pictures, but after viewing the submitted thread, they show as a dead link. Anyone see the pictures?

edit - strange, now them seem to be showing. Oh well. Laughing

Welcome !!! What a great photos! #1 is my favorite. Post link, pictures is not allowed for new members (spam prevention)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome !!! What a great photos! #1 is my favorite. Post link, pictures is not allowed for new members (spam prevention)

Thanks for the complements.

I totally understand about the spam prevention feature. Does that mean my account had been adjusted, and it should work now? (seeing as the pictures are working)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will works trouble from now.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from Alabama.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mark. This is a great forum filled with lens nuts, great information and will force you to spend, spend, spend! LAS, we all seem to have it.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: New to the forum Reply with quote

eccs19 wrote:

revers wrote:
This forum looks like a good fit for us Mark. Smile

So I have to ask - who takes the photos at family gatherings? Very Happy Any father-son photo contests scheduled? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome eccs19
have a nice stay with us
great pics

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the forum Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
So I have to ask - who takes the photos at family gatherings? Very Happy Any father-son photo contests scheduled? Very Happy

I HATE having my picture taken, that's why I stay behind the camera all the time. As it is, I don't even take many people pictures. I've done the odd shot for friends, but that's it. Mostly stick to nature stuff. My Dad (I think) is more photogenic than I am, and I've taken what I think are a few decent ones of him. As for Father-son photo contests, we have actually a number of times gone out shooting together and shoot the same subject. I think it's probably 50/50 as to who's got the better pics. The praying mantis I attached to the start of this thread was at his place, and I think with this shoot, my best one was better than his, but a few days later he found another one mantis, and I think his shots were better than mine from the previous shoot.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments and the warm welcome. Seems like a nice bunch of people here so far. I've found some of the other photo forums are getting people who are just to full of themselves. My other favorite forum with a bunch of nice people that I visit regularly is the Pentax forum.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! Enjoy your stay!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New to the forum Reply with quote

Hi

11 Pentax SLrs, and digital *istD, K10D and K20D here.. so welcome indeed!

We seem to have a lot of father / child pairings recently.. Smile

Doug

eccs19 wrote:

Thought a quick introduction was in order.

Been shooting digital now for a couple of years, and have a small collection of manual lenses. Most of my collection is Takumars with a couple Tamrons. I started my digital SLR shooting with a Pentax *istD, and have very recently upgraded to the new Pentax K7. Reading through the forum, I notice there are a number of other Pentax users here, so I should feel at home. I've attached a couple samples of my work. I hope you enjoy them.

Takumar 200mm F3.5

Takumar 100mm macro F4

Tamron 500mm F8 mirror.