Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2 on EBAY cheap
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Industar 50-2 on EBAY cheap Reply with quote

Noirmally I wouldn't post this, because it's a common lens.
But starting bid of .01 cents and buy it now .99 cents. Look at the condition. comes with case and caps.

Missprint? Hidden damage? why so cheap. I don't need it so I thought I'd post it here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/INDUSTAR-50-2-50mm-f3-5-lens-M42-Zenit-Pentax-Tessar_W0QQitemZ180489547779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item2a0603f003

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice price Laughing If only the shippingcosts weren't some twenty times the Buy It Now-price Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Industar 50-2 on EBAY cheap Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Noirmally I wouldn't post this, because it's a common lens.
But starting bid of .01 cents and buy it now .99 cents. Look at the condition. comes with case and caps.

Missprint? Hidden damage? why so cheap. I don't need it so I thought I'd post it here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/INDUSTAR-50-2-50mm-f3-5-lens-M42-Zenit-Pentax-Tessar_W0QQitemZ180489547779QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item2a0603f003

The lens is really small and light. So I'm guessing the actual shipping using a very slow post is less than $10. You can typically buy one of these for $10-$15, so that's where the money is being made Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your right on the shipping. But I checked at least a dozen lenses,
and the shipping averaged $15-25. Average is aroud $20. I kinda figure everyone is making some on shipping on these lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I think your right on the shipping. But I checked at least a dozen lenses,
and the shipping averaged $15-25. Average is aroud $20. I kinda figure everyone is making some on shipping on these lenses.

if you guys checked the other items for sale by this seller, you would have seen the Jupiter 37A being offered for .99 cents - buy it now

of course, shipping price of .... hold your breath ... 42$!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Industar was sold for 0.99 cents and shipping $20.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same guy also had a Zenit E with a Helios 44-2 lens for .99 cents buy it now with $25 shipping.
Missed that one, It's already sold.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Zenit-E-35mm-SLR-Camera-Helios-44-2-Lens-mint-condition_W0QQitemZ180488758354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a05f7e452

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No free bread anywhere perhaps this is starting .... when enough people buy same time stuffs for example 30-40 this guy will get 800 USD and quit from this nick. Easy money Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sort of tactic really exploded a year or two ago... I think it was part of the reason why ebay changed their sorting so that it sorts by "price+shipping" and not just by price.

Sometimes high shipping is accurate though, for example, sellers often list on ebay for other countries to hit a different target market, so the default shipping cost is international shipping.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is simply the old trick of working with the system. Assume the lens is a door stop.

He offers a guarantee, the purchase price - in this case <$1US. The shipping amount is simply gone. Now, to get the 99 cents back, you have to ship it back at your expense.

You are now out $20 PLUS the return shipping. What do you do? You keep the lens and remember to not fall for this tactic again.