Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Incandescent lamp
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Incandescent lamp Reply with quote

Again some samples of extreme macro-micro shots.
Today tungsten lamp Smile
Canon 40D+150mm macro rings+CZJ Sonnar 135/3.5+ inverted Pancolar 50/1.8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning shoots!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellently done!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be very sharp for a such magnification, well done Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra: Can you post a picture of this lens setup if possible?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
shauttra: Can you post a picture of this lens setup if possible?

There it is. After EOS macro rings you can see M39 rings, but in the beginning there were EOS rings too, and only then M42 ring and lenses, but i dont have other set of EOS rings anymore, so i put there M39 for actual lenght. Distance from front lens to object is 40-50mm Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need more tubes! Laughing

Nice work!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
You need more tubes! Laughing

Nice work!

i think its possible to add only some 50mm, thats all.. Very Happy than you can touch object with front lens! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you focus stacking these images? If so, how many shots do you need to take to achieve this kind of result?

Great work!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_t wrote:
Are you focus stacking these images? If so, how many shots do you need to take to achieve this kind of result?

Great work!

First one is single shot, second image is stacked from 10-12 frames using Zerene stacker. For some snowflakes i used up to 30 images Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
dave_t wrote:

Great work!

First one is single shot, second image is stacked from 10-12 frames using Zerene stacker. For some snowflakes i used up to 30 images Smile

Cool, I hardly do any focus stacking, but was wondering if you have ever tried manual stacking? I ask because I wonder if it would reduce some of the ghosting that seems to occur with the stacking programs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave_t wrote:
shauttra wrote:
dave_t wrote:

Great work!

Cool, I hardly do any focus stacking, but was wondering if you have ever tried manual stacking? I ask because I wonder if it would reduce some of the ghosting that seems to occur with the stacking programs.

I think manual stacking would be lika a suicide Very Happy
Here ghosting appears in bright, overexposed areas, but if pictures are with soft light there shouldn`t be problems Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra: Thank you for the picture, you have a knack for getting amazing photo's with items on hand. Like the time you built the card board light box

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great shots!

Between the two lenses, can you stop it down enough to take the same shots with the filament glowing?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such magnification. Nicely done.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
shauttra: Thank you for the picture, you have a knack for getting amazing photo's with items on hand. Like the time you built the card board light box

Thanks!!
Now i have liht box version 2, much bigger, better and folding Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
These are great shots!

Between the two lenses, can you stop it down enough to take the same shots with the filament glowing?

This filament is without bulb - in the air Smile
But i shot few pictures of glowing filament, not on full power, only dimmish.