Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how would you spend 1000€?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, when I suggested the 5D II the budget was $2500, seems to have shrunk a bit Laughing

I have no problems focusing with the 5D MK I and 50/1.4 lenses (haven't tried an 85/1.4 yet though!), but the screen is pretty crap. And mine has a '2' serial number. Saying that, I'm not impressed with the 40D screen either. My friend has a Nikon D3000 and his screen is way more vibrant!

But...the 5D Mk I still produces fantastic images. My point is, if you've got a big budget, spend it on the best! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is ready do get a 5d mk2, i guess he has to do it !
This is a fabulous camera, and such a camera need also fabulous lenses.
So he will need some L lenses to get the max of the 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Ah, when I suggested the 5D II the budget was $2500, seems to have shrunk a bit Laughing

I have no problems focusing with the 5D MK I and 50/1.4 lenses (haven't tried an 85/1.4 yet though!), but the screen is pretty crap. And mine has a '2' serial number. Saying that, I'm not impressed with the 40D screen either. My friend has a Nikon D3000 and his screen is way more vibrant!

But...the 5D Mk I still produces fantastic images. My point is, if you've got a big budget, spend it on the best! Laughing

The budget was 2500€ for camera and glass, I posted 1000€ to spend in manual focus lenses.
IMO he can buy 5d mkII and little glass or 5d classic and better/more glass; at the end is his decision, I rather spend money on glas that on the camera. If I could I would buy best camera and all the glass in the world, but I cann´t Wink
Regards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seta666 wrote:
Regarding live view being nice for using glass that otherwise would hit the mirror; well, if you own a lot of glass allready may be true, but If you do not own any(like my friend) is easy to start getting the ones that are known to work

I certainly don't mean to rub salt into a wound... but now that you have had an unplanned 5D mirror hit of your own, are you SURE that you wouldn't recommend the 5D Mk II to your friend? Wink

http://forum.mflenses.com/help-my-zenitar-arrived-and-hits-5ds-mirror-t27420.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
seta666 wrote:
Regarding live view being nice for using glass that otherwise would hit the mirror; well, if you own a lot of glass allready may be true, but If you do not own any(like my friend) is easy to start getting the ones that are known to work

I certainly don't mean to rub salt into a wound... but now that you have had an unplanned 5D mirror hit of your own, are you SURE that you wouldn't recommend the 5D Mk II to your friend? Wink

http://forum.mflenses.com/help-my-zenitar-arrived-and-hits-5ds-mirror-t27420.html

Not really; If I only could use one lens with live view I would certanly sell it: Live view is quite slow and useless for comon photography. It is usefull in ome stuations, but that is it
Regards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about getting a 5d1 for a year(or year and a half) and wait for 5dmark3? Is there any hint from canon when they will upgrade 5d2?

My 20d is getting old (60k+ shutter clicks) and I have similar problem, getting 5d1 now, or wait for 6-10 months to get enough money for 5d2, but after that time It will be probably too close to mk3 upgrade.

For mk3 prediction I was looking at that timeline:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_Digital_Cameras

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

egidio wrote:
My 20d is getting old (60k+ shutter clicks) and I have similar problem, getting 5d1 now, or wait for 6-10 months to get enough money for 5d2, but after that time It will be probably too close to mk3 upgrade.

The prospect of a Mk3 actually brings about a third option: Wait for the Mk3 to come out, and then buy a Mk2 when the used prices fall. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:
egidio wrote:

The prospect of a Mk3 actually brings about a third option: Wait for the Mk3 to come out, and then buy a Mk2 when the used prices fall. Cool

There is also 3D rumours, someday th epentax FF will come. Yo can be waiting all your live, or just enjoy what is available now. %d fullfills all my need, I hava to wait fornothing then Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 2500Eur ...

get:

x1 Apple iPhone
x1 Macbook
x1 Photoshop CS4.

Does it really ever matter these days?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for 1000 euro i'dd probably get a second hand canon 70-200mm f2.8 L IS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would spend it on a nice holiday, to finally have the chance to use my gear again!

But this is a different case. I have all the photo stuff I want (and more). Wink