Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FS: Zeiss Sonnar 180/2.8 c/y and Canon FD 50/1.4 ssc
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: FS: Zeiss Sonnar 180/2.8 c/y and Canon FD 50/1.4 ssc Reply with quote

I'm selling these two nice fast lens:

1) a near mint telephoto Zeiss Sonnar 180/2.8 T* C/Y mount (can easily fit many current dSLR such as Canon EOS, Olympus E, 4/3 and u4/3 ...)

ebay item # 110535063720
(sorry, url get corrupted by the forum on submit and using ebay tag does not work)

2) a Canon FD 50/1.4 ssc in good condition. I have been using it with a Panasonic GH1, the lens is perfectly functionnal and makes a nice fast short tele on a micro-4/3 body.

ebay item # 110535945761
(sorry, url get corrupted by the forum on submit and using ebay tag does not work)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please inform the prices and if you have ebay account, share it with us. We have thrust issues with newcomers Smile

You can also introduce yourself in the forum (photographers cafe segment I believe)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what country you are located in. Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
Please inform the prices and if you have ebay account, share it with us. We have thrust issues with newcomers Smile

I understand. My e-bay account is e-druide, and I'm located in France.
The starting prices for the lens are 150 Euros for the Sonnar 180/2.8, and 15 Euros for the 50/1.4

Here are some additionnal info for the Zeiss Sonnar:
Detailed specs and MTF:
http://www.zeiss.de/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/Sonnar2.8_180mm_101117_e/$File/Sonnar2.8_180mm_101117_e.pdf

Pics of the actual lens mounted on a 5D2 and a GH1:

Two recent shots with it (the cat a 100% crop)

Regards,

Last edited by pcat72 on Fri May 21, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be interested in both. Please get me in the queue. Can you please post some pictures of the lenses?

EDIT : I saw the images just now. Is there a coating issue on the front element? Any pics of the FD Canon?

Thanks...

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
I will be interested in both. Please get me in the queue.

... the lenses are on ebay. Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:

EDIT : I saw the images just now. Is there a coating issue on the front element? Any pics of the FD Canon?
Thanks...

No coating issue, the glass is really in excellent condition. I provided you by PM the links to the ebay items and the detailed description.

I currently have no picture of the Canon at hand but you can see it on ebay.
The Canon is perfectly functionnal, but it is not in as good conditition as the Zeiss. There are a few cleaning marks visible when carefully looking at the front element, and some usage marks on the barrel and mount. Nothing to worry about regarding image quality though. I compared this FD 50/1.4 to a Zeiss planar 50/1.7 with test charts, here is what I found:
At 1.4, the FD is quite softer than the Planar at 1.7
At 1.8 the FD get close to the Planar, still a bit softer
after 2, the FD get sharper and sharper, may be even exceeding the Planar by F4-5.6, which remains quite constant.
The Planar has better contrast, but some vulnerability to CA at very high contrast (virtually none with the FD).