Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first shots with canon 17-40L: sedona arizona
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: first shots with canon 17-40L: sedona arizona Reply with quote

i traded for this lens specifically to use on a recent trip to the southwest. this is my first experience with an 'L' lens on my 5d and i thought it performed excellently, although its hard to take a bad picture with this as subject matter! PLEASE CLICK ON EACH PICTURE FOR BEST RESOLUTION AND COLOR!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even 5D and L -glass I think post-processing a must on Digital landscape images. This would be a stunning series if post processing is applied (Contrast and color modification on Raw files, I did on jpg to show what I mean.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Even 5D and L -glass I think post-processing a must on Digital landscape images. This would be a stunning series if post processing is applied (Contrast and color modification on Raw files, I did on jpg to show what I mean.

It is a preference - just one more case where "stunning" color and "accurate" color are not the same. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to you both. and S you are correct, i did--and almost always as a matter of personal preference--opt for realistic color. especially here where the color of the rock formations are world renown. my exception to this preference is sky color, because it usually is not the main subject, buy can enhance the viewing of the main subject. otherwise i try for the color i saw...

on the other hand, i perhaps could have upped the contrast a little for more drama. tbh, i was so taken with the inherent drama of the landscape i almost felt like i shouldnt do anything to the pictures....