Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dedicated T2-Mount Body? (One adapter for many lenses)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Dedicated T2-Mount Body? (One adapter for many lenses) Reply with quote

Has anyone ever dedicated a body solely to T2-mount lenses, and then left the single T2-mount adapter in place, and simply swapped the various T2-mount lenses as needed? Question

In theory, it would be almost as if they were just M42 lenses on an M42 body...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 adapter stays on 5D most of the time, except when using M42 lenses easier to screw on lens first, such as long focal lengths.

T2 adapter remains on camera sometimes, but most of my T2 lenses are long, it is easier to screw adapter on lens first, then mount on camera.

Have project in mind?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Have project in mind?

Sort of. It would mainly be a way to simplify things when out and about... I could have a bag of lenses and any combination of bodies (Pentax, Nikon, Olympus, etc), and easily pick any body and any lens and know that it will work. At present, I have several bodies with just one lens each - so a few T2 lenses and a few adapters (one for each mount) could equip the whole set without costing too much.

It would also be a solution to situations such as my Pen FT - where the adapters are not only expensive, but where it would take years of watching ebay to get enough of them to equip a whole set of lenses. Wink