Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

635 Yashica TLR 35mm film insert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: 635 Yashica TLR 35mm film insert Reply with quote

I picked this up with the Novoflex bellows I bought recently, it was a nice added extra.Can anyone tell if all the parts are all there?(thanks)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: 635 Yashica TLR 35mm film insert Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Can anyone tell if all the parts are all there?(thanks)

There's a bit of info here:
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/yashica635.html

Does your kit have the viewfinder mask?

It is a shame that Yashica designed the 35mm insert to take standard size 24 x 36 mm images, instead of a 24 x 60 mm panoramic. Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the viewfinder mask is the square piece (top right) in your linked photo then no I only have 5 of the 6...Darn Sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, well, of all of the pieces to be missing, that is probably the best one! Very Happy It should still be usable, you would just have to guess at the framing.

Are you going to get a 635 to use it in? If not, it looks like you can sell your kit for quite a lot of money, even without the viewfinder mask! Shocked
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have a TLR one day and since I have this I may look out for the 635...until then it will probably sit in my adapter box.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I would love to have a TLR one day and since I have this I may look out for the 635...until then it will probably sit in my adapter box.

Sell this adapter MO and buy something useful. To use 35mm film a 120mm camera a silly idea really.Loose all benefits from bigger film size and enjoy all dissadvantage from medium format TLR built vs small 35mm camera Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound advice Attila....I did not think of it like that.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
mo wrote:

Sell this adapter MO and buy something useful. To use 35mm film a 120mm camera a silly idea really.Loose all benefits from bigger film size and enjoy all dissadvantage from medium format TLR built vs small 35mm camera Laughing

The novelty of having one is fun though! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may come in handy as something to trade with.