Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

which lens f 1.2 M42?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: which lens f 1.2 M42? Reply with quote

There are M42 mount lenses with F1.2?
I found only Tomioka 55mm ... can someone make a list?
thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica, Chinon, Cosina and some distributor labels. All originated at Tomioka, a Yashica subsidiary.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/42mm_screw_lenses
The 55 1.2 Tominon should be the only 1.2 M42 in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THX very usefull!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? I've got a Yashinon, a Porst and a Canon. All 55mm, and all f/1.2...

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Why? I've got a Yashinon, a Porst and a Canon. All 55mm, and all f/1.2...

Quote:

M42!

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two f/1.2 optical formulas for M42. Yashica/Tomioka 55/1.2 and Yashica/Tomioka DS-M 55/1.2. Optical formula should be slightly different.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joosep wrote:
http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/42mm_screw_lenses

There is at least one more...

Here is the M42 85/1.2 from the Cyclop night vision units:

(Image from cameramate.com. I was going to link to the sale, but I can't find it on their site?)

Note that they have a HUGE protruding rear element... Farside has one, here are his comments and pictures from another thread:
Farside wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
Aoleg> That looks like the 1.2/85 that the others have said to avoid. I'm not sure why. Maybe the weight is the issue? 1.2/85 does sound very nice.

Hah! That's exactly what I thought, but the 1.2 has a ^*^(^&*$! pokey-outy collimating element at the rear which uttterly eliminates mounting it on a normal M42 mount. The rear element can be removed, but its housing remains in place, such that the lens has to be stripped to remove it.

So it meets the criteria of "M42" and "f/1.2"... it just isn't especially practical. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yashinon is M42 - it's got the weird looking cutout rear element.

exaklaus wrote:

M42!

Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
The Yashinon is M42 - it's got the weird looking cutout rear element.

exaklaus wrote:

M42!

Klaus

Yes, but the Porst and Canon...
Know that Yashinon pretty well.

Greetings
Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why F1.2? I've avoided them as they are expensive and not very impressive wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a beautifull m42 Auto Chinon by Tomioka 55mm f1.4, I think taht is a very nice lens!
...but ...i see...the rear elements is very inusual...is possible that the mirror of my canon 450D can hit the lense?

what about this lens? is good?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

verdurina wrote:
...is possible that the mirror of my canon 450D can hit the lense?

Nope, but 5D hits.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

verdurina: All the lenses based on Tomioka 55/1.4 optical design are good. Some of them are really exceptional (depends build quality + quality controll). A few years ago I made a mistake - I sold the best copy of 55/1.4 I have ever had - it was sharp, it had zero CA and very unsyntetic natural rendering... But even average copies are very good. Similar level to 50/1.4 Takumars or old Planars - only slightly less contrasty (single-coated optics)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks!
If I understand well, it is sone vendor manifactured by tomioka:
Cosina
Revuenon
Chinon
Yashica

all is 55mm f1.4.

wath is better?
I am oriented on cosina...

edit:
I found this...mayby can be usefull...

http://www.tomioka.de/e_55mm-Dateien/e_55mm_revuenon.htm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea, who was the real manufacturers of these lenses. There are many different models of Revueonon 55/1.4 - the same applies for Cosinon etc. Some users prefer models with metal focusing ring over models with rubber ring, but I think luck is more important than these superstitions Smile

You can find lenses, which have exactly the same look, only the manufacturers ring is different. This tomioka-based 55/1.4 was the best I had...

it had white lettering for meters, green lettering for feets, lens was black, A/M switch was black, only the part under A/M switch was silver... coating color was very atypical tint of yellowish-goldish-something Smile