Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaolin95 wrote:
Just got a pretty good deal..does not happen very often for me.
$46 for a Canon FDn 20mm 2.8 Very Happy

WOW nice find Wink ... i'm missing that one as well ... as soon as i have it i'll compare a few 20mm classics:

Canon FD 2.8/20mm
Konica Hexanon 4/21mm
Minolta MC 2.8/21mm
Minolta MD 2.8/20mm
Minolta AF 2.8/20mm
Nikkor AF 2.8/20mm
Pentax-A 2.8/20mm

Greez, Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
shaolin95 wrote:
Just got a pretty good deal..does not happen very often for me.
$46 for a Canon FDn 20mm 2.8 Very Happy

WOW nice find Wink ... i'm missing that one as well ... as soon as i have it i'll compare a few 20mm classics:

Canon FD 2.8/20mm
Konica Hexanon 4/21mm
Minolta MC 2.8/21mm
Minolta MD 2.8/20mm
Minolta AF 2.8/20mm
Nikkor AF 2.8/20mm
Pentax-A 2.8/20mm

Greez, Stephan

Nice collection there!
I only got a plastic fantastic Phoenix 19-35mm and a Rokinon 14mm so one is close in range to compare but I will check it against both for fun.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[20mm] VERY nice deal shaolin95!

+1 on only 18 Euros for the CZ Flektogon and body.

Surprised

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the deal of the year but better than nothing :
minolta md 50mm f2, like new with box and hod : 10e.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
18 Euros for a Flectogon? I'd say that's pretty dang cheap! Never mind the fact that you got a minty looking Spotty in the deal.

I have picked up two f2.4 Fleks for that sort of price (one was £10, another in a mint Praktica kit with a CZJ 135mm f3.5 for around £40)
The point is they don't look anything special, and if they come with an old MTL3, no-one would suspect that they are a collectable lens, as you can't give the bodies away.

Don't hate me, It's my pension plan...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biotar in Exa mount for 5.40 euro, including shipping.

And then I lost it during postal strike in Germany. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is terrible, I just sold my ML 300/5,6 and ML 55/2,8 together with my C/Y nex adapter and then I find this Sad

Paid 25€ for this set:

And for this set I paid 35€. Konica stuff is pretty rare to come by locally so I was happy with this, even though they are probably not the most desirable Konica lenses:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yashica and Konica....
Excellent finds! What a bargain.

The Hexanon AR 50 f1.7 is a VERY sharp lens, and one of my favorites. If the 28 f/3.5 is a 7/7 version, it's quite desirable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topcon RE super with Auto RE Topcors 1.8/5.8cm, 2.8/10cm and 4/20mm for CHF/USD 100.-- (EUR 95.--) ... everything working fine, though the RE herself has some scratches, bumps and dents Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a Schneider g-claron 270mm f11 for about £5 a while back from a carboot. Covers a fairly large image circle, I have feeling it's a process lens so it's not really useful for me. It just makes a nice paperweight lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F/11 is on the dim side, but a lot of these process lenses can be converted to useful spotting scopes and/or wide-field astronomy scopes. I have a 300mm f/5.6 Tessar that came out of what the seller told me was a "paint comparator." It's a popular optic for making "copyscopes." See here for some info:

Here's an image I found of my lens. I found this image in the Astromart.com classifieds, btw:

And an image of your typical copyscope made from PVC tubing:

Some DIY pages on how to build one:
http://www.dma1.org/~wagner/copyscop.htm
http://www.arcticrail.com/telescope/telescopepages/copyscope.html
http://www.teeters-telescopes.htmlplanet.com/copyscope.html

As I mentioned, f/11 is on the dim side, but it might still be useful for wide-field astrophotography.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
^ Yashica and Konica....
Excellent finds! What a bargain.

The Hexanon AR 50 f1.7 is a VERY sharp lens, and one of my favorites. If the 28 f/3.5 is a 7/7 version, it's quite desirable.

just right, own both of tem. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on the main forum, but I figured it belongs in here to. Had a lot of bargains, but this is best one.

Some of you may know- I ran across a good deal for some "exakta" lenses.

Meyer gorlitz 969126 Tele Megor 1:5.5 f=18cm
Meyer gorlitz 932853 Trioplan 1:2.8 f=10cm
Meyer gorlitz 967870 Tele Megor 1:5.5 f=15cm
Carl Zeiss Jena 2239519 Tessar 1:2,8 f=5cm
And a bunch of knick knacks.

They are all pre-war and in great condition.
The kicker is the cost...$45 dollars plus shipping.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^
Wow! Now that's a bargain! Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget apo heliar Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I call a bargain!
Congrats

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got lucky and picked up a exakta night camera (not sure which model, still trying to figure it out) with a 80mm F2 biotar lens for €100. Cameras shutter is stuck and the lens has some cleaning marks on the front element, but I'm still rather chuffed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dont shoot me as this deal is not for a Manual lens but I had to tell someone about it Very Happy
I scored a Sony FE 55mm F1.8...yeah the one that is almost $1000 new for $15
Well, I got a Sony A7ii and that lens for $1300 from a local buyer and sold the camera only for $1285 total so yep...I dont think I will ever top that deal in my life time. LOL

The only sad part is that I was supposed to sell the lens for a profit but I am liking it so much that I cant force myself to do it yet...must be strong!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaolin95 wrote:
Ok dont shoot me as this deal is not for a Manual lens but I had to tell someone about it Very Happy
Well, I got a Sony A7ii and that lens for $1300 from a local buyer and sold the camera only for $1285 total so yep...I dont think I will ever top that deal in my life time. LOL

The only sad part is that I was supposed to sell the lens for a profit but I am liking it so much that I cant force myself to do it yet...must be strong!

WOW! "Slaps my forehead!"
I would've done the same. An epic lens that will become a classic decades later. And still wow you. The body will be historical old tech, as all bodies eventually become.

But didn't I read you were moving up to full frame recently? This wasn't the A7 series you just got was it? Or are you getting the A7RII?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
shaolin95 wrote:

WOW! "Slaps my forehead!"
I would've done the same. An epic lens that will become a classic decades later. And still wow you. The body will be historical old tech, as all bodies eventually become.

But didn't I read you were moving up to full frame recently? This wasn't the A7 series you just got was it? Or are you getting the A7RII?

Oh yes I still have my A7ii! Smile
This is one a local seller posted with the FE 55mm for $1400 then discounted $100 on it. I really thought about keeping it at such amazing deal but my wife prefers to help me shoot and I rather buy glass as you said, it holds its value a LOT longer than cameras.....so Canon FD 300mm 2.8 here it comes. Very Happy
As for the A7rii well...I normally dont buy things right when they come out. I wait for prices to go down and try to buy used instead (aside form my previous NEX-6 which I bought new but never again lol). So I will wait for it to drop in price and see if the "issues" people are finding are real/fixed or wait for the next revision. Is not like my A7ii cannot deliver. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some good bargains here, even some steals! Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

112,5€ including auction fees:

D800
AF-S G 50mm 1.8
105mm f2,5
35mm f2

Don't get too excited. Here's the catch:

This camera took a dive at some point and the top LCD is broken.
It came with a dead battery and no charger. So I just ordered a charger from China.
3-4 weeks wait before I get to see if this camera still has a spark of life in it. Neutral

Closer look. It seems like the camera fell on that loop where the strap goes. You can see a crack there. The top glass of the LCD is actually only cracked on the far right. All the other cracks are underneath there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check the price for repair of the D800. It is a very good body.

The 17M (1.2x) follows Smile I won't use MF lenses without it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I will probably do that. It costs 30€ to have an estimate made. Then I will know if it's worth it to get it repaired.
But first I am going to wait and see if the camera still does something with a charged battery.
If it still works I don't think I'll have that LCD repaired. Or is it a vital thing? Can't you see all that stuff in the viewfinder as well? (i'm not familoar with nikon DSLR's)