Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
Wow, those are some wild bubble bokeh! What f/stop were you using for that shot?

Thank you guys, it`s the shiny roof on my neighbors garage in the background Very Happy
It was shot wide open with MFT camera (OM-D)

I suddenly found out I didn`t have any adapter from Exakta to E-mount around to mount it to my A7 (it`s on the way)
Last Trioplan auction on ebay went for $600! Wow

The glass is mint condition ond the aperture and focus is smooth. The body have a little of the usual worn and small scratches. I considered to diamond polish the whole body to make it look like brand new, but I think I would let this lens stay as it is.

Cheers
Lars

Quite an impressive shot Lars!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a contax zeiss sonnar 100mm f3.5 for 75euros !!! not a so common lens on what i found. to bad that the aperture is only 3.5, but lens is very compact for a 100mm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, fantastic catch, usually around 300!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a really bargain but a summicron R 2/50 E55 for 233 bucks is a good thing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was sitting dusty and neglected among all kinds of junk in a flea market. 20 USD and some cleaning got me this:

Vivitar Series 1 28 mm f/1.9 by scepticswe, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta Rokkor PF 135 f2.8 - £10.10 (GBP).
Described as 'with fugus' - but i was surprised when i got hold of it as you can barley notice it. Although the wife wasn't that impressed i'd bought another lens... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it was a bargain or not but I just bought a mint CZJ Biotar 2/58 with a nice Praktica FX3 body for 60 EUR.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catch of today :

minolta rokkor pg 18mm f9.5 : 10e (with box and, back filter, metal hood )
minolta rokkor pg 50mm 1.4 : 40e (with metal hood )

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
catch of today :

minolta rokkor pg 18mm f9.5 : 10e (with box and, back filter, metal hood )
minolta rokkor pg 50mm 1.4 : 40e (with metal hood )

Eh, boudu... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This was sitting dusty and neglected among all kinds of junk in a flea market. 20 USD and some cleaning got me this:

Congrats, this is a great lens ! Don't hesitate to post some samples, I will be interested !
Enjoy the exploding bokeh wide open Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too long ago I went through my 200mm lenses and sold some.
Today I bought one that I have long wondered about but never seen this cheap.
$19.90
It is the last iteration of this lens - with seven elements in 6 groups, Super Spectra Coating, minimum focusing distance of 5 feet and internal focusing.
Very little is reported about this lens and it is often overlooked as the f2.8 versions are more sought after.
Can't wait to try it
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

It is the last iteration of this lens - with seven elements in 6 groups, Super Spectra Coating, minimum focusing distance of 5 feet and internal focusing.
Very little is reported about this lens and it is often overlooked as the f2.8 versions are more sought after.
Can't wait to try it
OH

It's pretty good, as nearly all of the 4/200mm lenses from around 1980. Not as "bitingly" sharp as the early Minolta MC/MD 4/200mm (520g version), but similar to the Nikkor Ai 4/200mm, the Konica Hexanon 4/200m, the Minolta MD 4/200 (later 400g version), the Pentax SMC Takumar M 4/200mm and the canon nFD 4/200mm Macro.

Its IF focusing is very nice (quick and easy focusing, 1.5 m minimal focusing instead of the usual 2m or 2.5m). My lens, however, has some issues with the focusing mechanism. In fact, the IF lens unit has some play (wobbling); sometimes you ca reach infinity, often not at all. I have seen similar problems on other early IF lenses such as the Minolta MD 4.5/300mm IF.

Stephan

Last edited by stevemark on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Not too long ago I went through my 200mm lenses and sold some.
Today I bought one that I have long wondered about but never seen this cheap.
$19.90
Can't wait to try it
OH

I have a copy of this lens and I find it to be respectably sharp and I really like the IF because it makes for a very fast focusing lens. Plus it's very compact -- one of the smallest 200/4's you'll find. I used to own the latest 200/2.8 -- nFD with IF -- and it was a great lens, but I found I had to be careful how I used it because it had a real problem with CA. Not an issue with the 200/4.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

I have a copy of this lens and I find it to be respectably sharp and I really like the IF because it makes for a very fast focusing lens. Plus it's very compact -- one of the smallest 200/4's you'll find. I used to own the latest 200/2.8 -- nFD with IF -- and it was a great lens, but I found I had to be careful how I used it because it had a real problem with CA. Not an issue with the 200/4.

Enjoy!

I don't have the nFD 2.8/200mm, but there's a similar problem with the Minolta MD 2.8/200mm. Not bad at all, details are very good even at f2.8, but CAs are more pronounced than with the corresponding MC/MD 4/200mm (first version, 520g). Only the later Minolta AF 2.8/200mm APO got rid of the CAs... The Minolta 2.8/200 APO has two large glass elements made from AD glass (Anomalous partial Dispersion) which allows better APO correction than the ED (Extra low Dispersion) used by Nikon and others.

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After forum member AstroZon purchased a TOU/Five Star MC 28mm f/2.8 for $3.99 USD, and posted how nice the photos from it were, I wanted to try one.
But I had to pay $7.95 for mine. 200% his cost. Wink
It turned out to be defective, and I got a refund.
Then another showed up from an estate sale. $0.99 + $2.54 shipping. And it works just great. Smile

Only other recent bargain is a cased Tamron SP 01F 2x teleconverter for $11.50.
Picked it up as a spare.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

I don't have the nFD 2.8/200mm, but there's a similar problem with the Minolta MD 2.8/200mm. Not bad at all, details are very good even at f2.8, but CAs are more pronounced than with the corresponding MC/MD 4/200mm (first version, 520g). Only the later Minolta AF 2.8/200mm APO got rid of the CAs... The Minolta 2.8/200 APO has two large glass elements made from AD glass (Anomalous partial Dispersion) which allows better APO correction than the ED (Extra low Dispersion) used by Nikon and others.

Interesting, and good to know about the Minolta AD glass. I just took a look at some on eBay. Nice lens, by the looks of it. Rather pricey too.

What I use now for a 200mm f/2.8 is the Tamron SP 30A 80-200/2.8 LD. At 200mm, it rivals the Nikon AIs 180/2.8 ED in sharpness and contrast, which is a very sharp lens. Plus the Tamron is quite well corrected for CA as well. I picked up my copy at KEH. It was listed there as BGN for $250. Reason for the BGN rating? The zoom collar slips slightly. A great deal, considering that the Nikon 180 ED typically sells for $350-400 and up, never mind that Minolta APO with prices ranging from $500 to $700+.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Friday, time to assess the LBA wallet damage for this week. Very Happy

After learning about the Tamron SP 35-80 f/2.8 01A from cooltouch's fortunate find post....
I negotiated myself one in nice condition, with a P/Ka mount, and Adaptall2/NEX adapter, for $35.

This was after winning another Tamron, a 35-135 f/3.5-4.5 40A, with C/Y mount, Fotga C/Y-NEX adapter, and Fotasy Adaptall2-NEX adapter, for $15 + shipping.
I was actually focused on the adapters, which total to the same cost and shipping.

The 01A wasn't selling, so my offer got accepted with no additional shipping cost.
Just have to see if it lives up to its reputation. If it does, I'll be culling a number of wide-mid zooms and varifocals.

Canon FD 28 f/2.8 S.C. : $9.50

The Fotga C/Y-NEX adapter is needed for a Yashinon ML 50 f/1.7, covered in fungus. cost: free.

Konica Hexanon AR 135 f/3.2 with non operative aperture, cost: free.
A broken spring is the cause.

Minolta MC W.Rokkor-SI 28 f/2.5 (last version), with yellowing detected, for $16.
This will need UV treatment.

Nikkor-H 28 f/3.5 in excellent condition for $12.50.

Mamiya/Sekor SX 50 f/2 ($5) and 135 f/2.8 ($13). Both look like new, sat in a box for 30 years. But the blades are gummed up, hence the prices.

A pair of Russian-made JSC "Lytkarino Optical Glass Factory" LZOS based on Maksutov Mirror lens.
3M-5A MC CCCP 500 f/8 kit...$36 shipped.
3M-5A (non-MC) USSR 500 f/8 kit...$46 shipped.
Both are in excellent condition.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I can remember when Trioplans were less than 150usd on ebay.

Maybe I'm getting old. Sad

I am older I remember for 50 USD as well Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila...I propose that all MFlenses members STOP buying Trioplans,Helioplans and Primagons on pain of being ostracized& banned from postings,maybe then I will be able to afford one before I "kick the bucket" Oh I forgot include 125mm f2.5 Apo Lanthar. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my best bargain, but very cheap...

18 Euros

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handsome combo, congrats!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 Euros for a Flectogon? I'd say that's pretty dang cheap! Never mind the fact that you got a minty looking Spotty in the deal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a pretty good deal..does not happen very often for me.
$46 for a Canon FDn 20mm 2.8 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ cooltouch

it was a fleamarket deal - the woman sells her whole film equipment.
Some zenits, the spotmatic and dark room stuff.