Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GPS tagger for Canon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: GPS tagger for Canon Reply with quote

I remember to have seen some time ago on Ebay a GPS tagger to mount on flash show that could be used with Canon cameras. I can not remember details about it. Do you know of any?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: GPS tagger for Canon Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I remember to have seen some time ago on Ebay a GPS tagger to mount on flash show that could be used with Canon cameras. I can not remember details about it. Do you know of any?

Was it one which communicated with the camera to embed the GPS data into the EXIF at the time of the shot?

Or was it one of the "breadcrumb" types which required software to correlate the shots with the locations based on timestamps?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: GPS tagger for Canon Reply with quote

Scheimpflug wrote:

Was it one which communicated with the camera to embed the GPS data into the EXIF at the time of the shot?
Or was it one of the "breadcrumb" types which required software to correlate the shots with the locations based on timestamps?

I don't know really. I only remember that it was to be mounted on flash shoe
and that the price was around 100 Eur.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sony CS1 logger - got it on on ebay for 30Eur.
It just records the route when switched on and at home you can merge the gps logs onto exif with the Sony PMB software.
I would say it is not very useful - most of the times i just forget to bring it on or start it .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need something to make my project of photographing old farm houses easier.
It involves photographing locations that are often outside of towns and sometimes not easy to find and not easy to describe in words.
I don't need anything fancy, but I need something that works reliably.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a plain trail marking on flash trigger one, and make sure you have the camera clock set up accurately. Going by past experience, dedicated ones will only work with one camera and will be useless on the next...

Sevo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take an android phone and make photo from each house with phone also, I have a Motorola Defy it makes Geo tag to each photo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only in German

http://www.jobo.de/web/photoGPS.150.0.html

I own an older version of this - works perfect.

Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone, but especially thanks to Rolf: that's the one model I saw on Ebay!
And good to know that it works well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it! I'm very happy. Very Happy
Really essential item.